The Collaborative Map Making Project

N

NEDM

rerere said:
Just as a suggestion.....how about:
TheHelper.net Minigames

Each member that participates sends in a unique/fun minigame and one of the l33t members will take all of them and put it into one functional map.

It seems potentially intresting, however, what has this to do with what we're discussing right now? :rolleyes:

B

begone77

Originally Posted by lllidan

isnt that the case with most team games? i say its a risk to take, their problem not ours.

I dissagree, it would just take away the fun IMO,

an example for me is "life as a peasent" so much work went into that map but a big turnoff IMO is the complexity and a noob that cant jump right in and have fun with the pros, most TD's are pritty simple and you can basicly have fun the first time with little or no experiance with that particular map, I would liek that same "jump right in" - ness with this map

Doomhammer

Bob Kotick - Gamers' corporate spoilsport No. 1
Reaction score
lllidan said:
here is my take on the

2 evil 6 good

or whatever

Pros:

adds another level to the game

I say we have this as a game option (along w/ the others lik eteams FFA etc.)
What would happen is when its selected 2 players are randomly selected and a unit is created for them and their alliance is changed. Then they could control the "evil army".

isnt that the case with most team games? i say its a risk to take, their problem not ours.

I'd go for a max of 2 evil vs 10 good.

The goodies are not necessarily stuck in a boring round if the evil commander leaves. See how the hardcoded "AI" made by BladeDLK jumps in for Hero Arena players that left game. It surely can be done. Go one step further: if the evil commanders are absolute beginners, their attacks would be partly AI directed.

I feel you really have to integrate the option of evil players. It does add another dimension, and that's what many players will be keen on. Don't care too much about complexity yet. We're already a pretty good team, eh? So some complexity will even add to make it interesting for more people long enough. The player does not necessarily have to feel that. The goodies get their introduction, the badies get theirs.

N

NEDM

begone77 said:
I dissagree, it would just take away the fun IMO,

an example for me is "life as a peasent" so much work went into that map but a big turnoff IMO is the complexity and a noob that cant jump right in and have fun with the pros, most TD's are pritty simple and you can basicly have fun the first time with little or no experiance with that particular map, I would liek that same "jump right in" - ness with this map

You will have that "jump right in"-ness when having watched the turorial and prefferably also read parts or the entire quest log! And everyone who play the map will watch the tutorial, and everyone will read the quest log if it ain't working for them - i've played all maps of this type, trust me :rolleyes: :p :D

B

begone77

NEDM said:
You will have that "jump right in"-ness when having watched the turorial and prefferably also read parts or the entire quest log! And everyone who play the map will watch the tutorial, and everyone will read the quest log if it ain't working for them - i've played all maps of this type, trust me :rolleyes: :p :D

ok if you say so, but I am strong on the "stay away from 2 evil players" point

I just dont think its worth it

N

NEDM

Doomhammer said:
I'd go for a max of 2 evil vs 10 good.

The goodies are not necessarily stuck in a boring round if the evil commander leaves. See how the hardcoded "AI" made by BladeDLK jumps in for Hero Arena players that left game. It surely can be done. Go one step further: if the evil commanders are absolute beginners, their attacks would be partly AI directed.

I feel you really have to integrate the option of evil players. It does add another dimension, and that's what many players will be keen on. Don't care too much about complexity yet. We're already a pretty good team, eh? So some complexity will even add to make it interesting for more people long enough. The player does not necessarily have to feel that. The goodies get their introduction, the badies get theirs.

LISTEN UP CAREFULLY NOW EVERYONE :)

This is the, so far, most controversial part of this project - i am now going to make a thread containing a poll - we will all vote, everyone in the project list, and then a decision will be made. (I hate taking control like this, but i guess that if there is a "team leader" or w/e it'd be me. And after all, i AM proposing a democratical decision)

PLEASE, HOLD YOUR POSTING UNTIL AFTER YOU'VE VOTED - THANK YOU

lllidan

Reaction score
ok if you say so, but I am strong on the "stay away from 2 evil players" point

I just dont think its worth it

you dont always have to have it. it can be the players choice. that way if they think its too one-sided or gay they can simply choose not to play it. After all we're making it for them.

B

begone77

lllidan said:
you dont always have to have it. it can be the players choice. that way if they think its too one-sided or gay they can simply choose not to play it. After all we're making it for them.

but the extra codeing will be horrific and unnecessary plus the added...I give up I will vote and you will vote we will see, and I will be happy with whatever happens

lllidan

Reaction score
well if you dont want to do it, im sure I along with a few others would make it. Im for it. And btw wheres the poll at?

Doomhammer

Bob Kotick - Gamers' corporate spoilsport No. 1
Reaction score
it's a clash of two gameplay dimensions. This particular map should contain both!

B

begone77

lllidan said:
well if you dont want to do it, im sure I along with a few others would make it. Im for it. And btw wheres the poll at?

in a galaxie far far away.....

N

NEDM

begone77 said:
but the extra codeing will be horrific and unnecessary plus the added...I give up I will vote and you will vote we will see, and I will be happy with whatever happens

You are very grown up, Begone77! Very good spoken :)!

N

NEDM

I actually voted for both - i stay open-minded about theese things ;):D All i know is one thing; wichever outcome is a good one :)

And the discussion about it is not gone yet, particularly since not all Project members have voted :rolleyes:

Edit: JESUS CHRIST i've been double posting :eek: :p ;)

B

begone77

NEDM said:
I actually voted for both - i stay open-minded about theese things ;):D All i know is one thing; wichever outcome is a good one :)

And the discussion about it is not gone yet, particularly since not all Project members have voted :rolleyes:

Edit: JESUS CHRIST i've been double posting :eek: :p ;)

yes alot lol :p

N

NEDM

Anyway - where were we? Ah yes, the design, output and content of the tutorial! :) This will proove useful, i just know it ;)

Didn't we decide to cinematize it? Like, an intructional movie in the beginning in order to teach everyone the goals etc? I'm not sure what we said, but for now, i think we should make a cinematic with a vote before, where all the participants of the game can vote - if anyone votes yes, it means he hasn't seen it, and he will get to see it as well! :D Is this good? Perhaps some other ideas circulating out here, we will se :rolleyes:

P

phantom

I'd like to help out with this project in any way possible. I'll have more drive to do a map if there's other people counting on me, and I've always wanted to work on a team with something like this.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.