The Collaborative Map Making Project

M

Maddog117

but that would eliminate the rpg elements unless we made this into a full arena lets say 5 good 5 evil and they both build there villiage for a certain amount of time then its pretty open ended from there

also in most game where the are more good then evil or more evil then good such as starcrafts cat and mouse its hard to get a evil as it is the most disliked position in the game abut if you make a 6v6 good evil it will contain a element of dota and amny other games basicly if we have computer as evil it leaves alot more options in the future and provides originality also we can make diffrent difficulties to provide diffrent experences. if we continue as 2 evil and 10 good it will be more like a tag or vampireism game

B

begone77

lllidan said:
dont you see the benefits of having it both? people could choose what they prefer, thus making the game more fun for them, which is the goal of every map. Having a computer as the enemy limits things, while having a player you never know what to expect. The difficulty is always varying. And as whoever the fuck said, some people are weird and have a fetish for being evil. Let the players decide.

still I agree computer is better IMO, lots of reasond coading a big one

lllidan

Reaction score
for ur other easons: whats wrong with having a mode where two players act as the "vampires" (so to speak) in a map?

lllidan

Reaction score
i agree with u about the difficulty so thats y i say BOTH. what im syaing is theres no reason whatsoever to omit the option of player controlled evil gameplay.

Besides you wouldnt make a difference to the map anyways because u can only terrain.

B

begone77

lllidan said:
i agree with u about the difficulty so thats y i say BOTH. what im syaing is theres no reason whatsoever to omit the option of player controlled evil gameplay.

Besides you wouldnt make a difference to the map anyways because u can only terrain.

there are resons to not have evil player controled gameplay, now that I look at it though, haveing a good village and an evil village might solve both our disagreements

M

Maddog117

if both did win who would be willing/able to code it also i did not say i could only terrain if you would have read the first post i made in this thread it says im open to anything because im new and would like to get experiance

M

Maddog117

the poll needs to be remade/updated cause there are many more sollutions to the problem i would go for 6v6 because of the compition with this idea you could host turny's and many other advertising schemes to get the game out

also voting would be complicated cause how we will choose evil befor hand we would have to make seperate maps if it randomly chose 2 people they would most likely leave

lllidan

Reaction score
as I said earlier id be more than happy to code it, along with a few others if they want.

lllidan

Reaction score
It does not need to be updated. If you were listening this is just a simple settlement of two of the play modes used. There will be others.

lllidan

Reaction score
haveing a good village and an evil village might solve both our disagreements

of course, but we should have all three as a possible type of gameplay (selected by dialog by player 1)

lllidan

Reaction score
also voting would be complicated cause how we will choose evil befor hand we would have to make seperate maps if it randomly chose 2 people they would most likely leave

this you mean? we would not have to make seperate maps, i dont know what gave you that idea. The idea is to make it fun to be the evil guy. I could simply alos have a tigger where the two fastest people to type a chat message will become the evil guys, otherwise it will be random. If someone chooses the gameplay with two evil players, than that means that someone wants to play as evil. besides b4 the game starts im sure the host will ask/decide on gameplay and who does what. Please stop bringing up stupid points.

B

begone77

Maddog117 said:
the poll needs to be remade/updated cause there are many more sollutions to the problem i would go for 6v6 because of the compition with this idea you could host turny's and many other advertising schemes to get the game out

totaly agree

M

Maddog117

i havent seen these features alot but i do beleive it would add a edge to game it would allow the -save and -load commands such as saving level and items

lllidan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maddog117

totaly agree

did u even read what i just posted?

M

Maddog117

also brining up my stupid point what if no one says evil the game would eventually have to choose random and people would leave

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.