The Collaborative Map Making Project

lllidan

Reaction score
i havent seen these features alot but i do beleive it would add a edge to game it would allow the -save and -load commands such as saving level and items

If a save script is necesary than we will add it. here are already pre-made save codes that are easy to add.

lllidan

Reaction score
also brining up my stupid point what if no one says evil the game would eventually have to choose random and people would leave

Ill say it again: why the hell would the host decide on doing 2 evils if he knew he and the others dont want to be evil? god this is getting irritating

M

Maddog117

ok if no one ever wanted to be evil that was time wasted when we could be making a gametype people want to play better look at the xbox-live game halo 2 for example they spent way to much time online and the campaign sucked 2 game types. 1 sucked and no one played twice and the other one everyone loved

lllidan

Reaction score
how would it be time wasted? how the hell do u knwo if people would like it? we would simply test it and ask the public.

M

Maddog117

also lets talk about the protection subject i dont think we should protect the map to allow new map makers to look at how we lay out maps if they ever wanted to make a map type like ours

lllidan

Reaction score
this is not your decision. I dont know why you think everything is up to you, youve only just now come in. We will probably have a poll on this (though I dont know why we'd unprotect it)

M

Maddog117

im not making decisions im sugesting things why we shouldn't unprotect it umm. maybe to allow the new map makers to look at the triggers

lllidan

Reaction score
My opinion on this: if they want to learn they can come to thehelper and ask questions. If they want to copy and not learn anything than they can open the map. It folows the same principle as the "give a man to fish feed him for a day, teach a man to fish feed him for a lifetime" bible thing.

M

Maddog117

NEDM said:
we'd "donate" it to TheHelper. And even if we don't publish it on BNet, and
----------

and what does the helper do for new map makers?

M

Maddog117

good point but if they copied it people would know its not there works the helper tell you to look at the triggers of other maps for ideas but i do believe there are dickheads who would try to steal it

M

Maddog117

and sory i posted the quote befor you posted the comment i see your side now

lllidan

Reaction score
exactly. so why go thru the bother of having someone try and steal it (regardless of the sucess) or just siply copy and paste trigs, when we can instead teach it to them and leave the map protected to people outside thehelper. (I notcie a circle here...)

M

Maddog117

im agree with you know and if the poll does happen i would probbly vote to protect it unless someone brings up a good point to sway my answer

M

Maddog117

all i know is im new to map making and am tring to see how people do things while getting as much experiance as i can

Reaction score
Hmm.. after alot of reading, i noticed one thing...

We're not going anywhere!
All ideas are great but we switch from one to another just in minutes.

Allright some thoughts:

1. I have voted for Computer Player controlled enemies. But 10 players vs 2 computers? The most i can think of are 6 human players. Then there would go allies like Villagers, Village Militia, <some kind of another ally we could implent> and enemies like Random creeps (for events lets say.), Creep overtakers (for conquering the towns) and one more for other things.

2. As agent papers and mines ideas were familiar, and havent found any other big idea ill try to sum everything.:
-You start out as a simpel villager that workd his way up, until he gets some kind of a class - Knight/wizard/engineer etc (might involve a lot of mini quests in this part). You can become trader/buidler or anything else whiel your'e simpel villager.
-After some time, Someone attacks your village. You go out defending the town (Traders and other non war people might hire a mercenaries to fight for them perhaps?)
-Perhaps another wave you defend with towers.
-New message that some other towns were conquered. You go out and clear them. Villagers from the freed towns are very gratefull and announce one of the players as their mayor, and players could choose wich oen wants to be mayor. If two or more players want the same town, a duel involving fighting and diblomacy skills or something like that would begin. ( there could be 6 villages maximum. if tehre would be less than 6 players playing, just set some villages for missing players to gecome ruins or something like that (like one player can have maximum one village.))
-after taking out the last village, you get some information that there is a Bastion of Evil that has been attacking all lands. Your villages are constantly under attack from teh enemy forces. You have to get some soldiers and push back the enemies back to their castle, where you would take out all of them.

3. Map shouldnt be too large (perhaps 160x160?) and, as i thing could be something like this:

Code:
(V)- A village owned by the computer frendlies.
(H)- A village owned by the nasties.
(B)- The bastion of Evil
|       (H)         |
|  (H)              |
|                   |
|        (H)        |
| (H)           (V) |
|___________________|

Well these are just my ideas.
Oh, and NEDM is really up to something! Hes trying to bee so sweet cat, the he will take us down while we sleep together with him (not litterally)! :p

lllidan

Reaction score
A few ideas

I disagree. The map size should be Huge. We should truly make it a "world" with plenty of towns (or villages w/e). Throw in a few neutral hostile towns that dont send waves for fun, and have neutral passive towns that are like market places. Maybe if we end up doing the select your gameplay thing, we could have one mode be conquer where you can take over the hostile cities and claim them as your own (itd be FFa or 2v2v2v2v2v2 or 3v3v3v3).

Just a few ideas...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.