The Collaborative Map Making Project

lllidan

Reaction score
so basically to add a few of our ideas together, we could have multiple towns, some that sell shit, some that are just there to kill (or conquer) and some that send waves, and then the big bastion. My question is even in 6v6 should we seperate the towns for each player?

Reaction score
Well i guess we might make it epic. But what ussually bother me in huge maps, is teh time to get from oen poitn to another. And abotu towns.. I thought making towns *LIKE* real towns with neutral peasants that live and trade, Ability to start yoru own business etc. And if you play just as players i nteam, the best thing it can get to is an Arena/City builder hybrid

lllidan

Reaction score
Well i guess we might make it epic. But what ussually bother me in huge maps, is teh time to get from oen poitn to another. And abotu towns.. I thought making towns *LIKE* real towns with neutral peasants that live and trade, Ability to start yoru own business etc

yes i like this. basically the map should be a how to say "life" map wait no a "empire" map. A save/load trigger would definitely be necesary cause this game wont end in an hour.

lllidan

Reaction score
as for the business there should be many diff careers and requirements/quests in order to improve income. there should be lots of little creep zones to explore each with a secret (lik a waygate deep within a creep infested cave)

lllidan

Reaction score
Depending on the poll poutcome we could have it like this:

FFA- each empire works in solitaire to explore and conquer and be the wealthiest, and of course destroying the other bases and killing a few creep dungeons and the great bastion.

Team 6v6- same as FFA except allied with no solitary, and bastion/dungeons will be way stronger

2v10- The bastion stilll remains computer controlled, but two new kingdoms are introduced with unique units and careers. Very powerful.

lllidan

Reaction score
Assuming this would be in a Village setting, you could talk to the village elder in the place you start on to help destroy the bandit problem. Victory assures trust to nearby towns, and allows you to get a unique item.

Alternatively, you could join the bandits and destroy the village, losing your trust in the other villages, but it gives you trust in the bandit 'society', giving you some access in good items in the process.

I saw this in another post. Maybe something to consider?

M

Maddog117

Just read the new post and they look like good ideas at least we are getting some where but i guess i have to wait for cat to come on before i do anything els

Z

Zero R.

lllidan said:
I saw this in another post. Maybe something to consider?

Yes, Consider my idea, without my consent. Do that.

Really, Do that.

lllidan

Reaction score
And illidian, did you just Quadriple-post

yes i did my friend yes i did (accident)

Yes, Consider my idea, without my consent. Do that.

Really, Do that.

sorry man you were offline and i thought it was open information for all of thehelper. sry wont happen again

Z

Zero R.

No, I like it when my ideas are used. They make me feel happy and warm inside.

N

NEDM

101112131415 said:
NEDM, I tried to read all of the posts, but it went from 3 pages to 8 in 11hours :p so i gave up at page 4 :p . Just here to say, my map I was working on before has been put off to the side. You can count me as a full member. :shades:

Thanks, 101112131415 :)! It means a lot to us :D :) Even though we put a lot of weight on the importance of reading through it all. But it
's not REALLY that important, since i'll structure everything in a while. Just remember to vote!!!
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29642

N

NEDM

Maddog117 said:
and i have a idea as for the cooperation in making this map we can use msn mesenger cause you can form chatrooms and share files we can also use aim but i dont like it that much so im for msn anyone with me

Perhaps later, i'll structure the posting after reading throuhg the 4 new pages that came over night :rolleyes: :p :D !

Z

Zero R.

Well, seeing as I am here, I would like to join too.[and to remind all of you of the edit button. Trust me, it's very useful.]

N

NEDM

Zero R. said:
Well, seeing as I am here, I would like to join too.[and to remind all of you of the edit button. Trust me, it's very useful.]

You're in Zero R! I know what you mean, when i'm throug responding to pages 8-12 i'll add new "rules" on posting ;):D for the ease and delight of everyone

N

NEDM

lllidan said:
for ur other easons: whats wrong with having a mode where two players act as the "vampires" (so to speak) in a map?

To play vampire or such is an all to minor role in the game, and i strongly reccomend computer controlled vampires for several reasons. But, as everything here, it can (and will) be discussed. Time is unlimited, friends ;):D!

N

NEDM

Maddog117 said:
the poll needs to be remade/updated cause there are many more sollutions to the problem i would go for 6v6 because of the compition with this idea you could host turny's and many other advertising schemes to get the game out

also voting would be complicated cause how we will choose evil befor hand we would have to make seperate maps if it randomly chose 2 people they would most likely leave

I see your point, maddog. The problem is;
A)We can't go on making threads.
B)We can't really consider our project "greater" or "higher" that others, letting us post threads as we want.
C)And the thing with this is, we can't keep going back in the discussions, to topics already settled and discussed through - then wouldn't come anywhere! So, you know...We'll see :shades: :rolleyes:

Z

Zero R.

Can we have a recap of what're we planning?

Honestly, all I know is that we're making an RPG, and that we're arguring about the forces of evil. The rest is drowned in ideas.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.