General The Hobbit confirmed - Peter Jackson, New Line Cinema, and MGM

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
ACADEMY AWARD-WINNER PETER JACKSON AND NEW LINE CINEMA JOIN WITH MGM TO PRODUCE “THE HOBBIT,” EAGERLY-ANTICIPATED FANTASY ADVENTURE EPIC

NEW LINE AND MGM TO CO-PRODUCE AND SHARE WORLDWIDE DISTRIBUTION RIGHTS

PETER JACKSON AND FRAN WALSH TO EXECUTIVE PRODUCE TWO FILMS BASED ON “THE HOBBIT”

Last edited:
>TWO FILMS
Even better

You wrote the whole thing in capitalized letters :p.. oh.. it's written in capitalized on the site..

Whoa, another LOTR! Awesome! :D
YAY, YAY, YAY, YAY YAAEHEHAEHHA YEE-HAW
------------
1200 posts

But... Why two movies? Yeah, more money and you can do more of the things that happened in the books and stuff, but still? It isn't that long.

But... Why two movies? Yeah, more money and you can do more of the things that happened in the books and stuff, but still? It isn't that long.

The money alone is attractive enough, and I'm sure they will add some filler for both films since, as you said, the book isn't that long.

I personally don't give a s***. It's Peter jackson, every movie I've seen by him is EXCELLENT. Now take Eragon, (a really bad movie in my opinion, a "highlight" package :mad:) imagine it had been directed by Peter Jackson. He has experience with fantasies, he could've made that movie a real legend, not some flimsy, action-packed movie that is really a boast of special effects.

I'd love to see the hobbit, I've heard or read the stroy about 8 times, and I love it to pieces. If it's done by Peter Jackson, who defied every other nob who tried to create the LOTR series, and make The Hobbit a legendary movie as well... <breathe in> <sigh...> that would be sooo great... <:)

Hey! Even better, there's gonna be a game based on the movie! Tell me when that's gonna be released!!

great news, cant wait, the Hobbit was a great book, cannot wait to see how they portray Biorn

Eek!

Cool, I can wait, but I am excited. My younger brother is going to wet himself. I think I've seen him reading The Hobbit like 8 times front to back. I heard someone mention games, in my humble opinion I seldom find a game created in a movie's wake that has any real staying power. Sure some of the LOTR's games were good, however, few have the replay value of say WCIII TFT, even if some of them were R.T.S. style.

ya, lotr was a great movie and stuff, but Isnt it kindof late (I knew they had troubles already, but) If your going to wait to make a prequel, dont wait this long.

Of course, LOTR was based of a book published around, was it WW2?

Finally, the hobbit! And its not some crappy animation!

Peter Jackson ? The honorable Lord Jackson ?! The same guy who produced movies of dubious quality like
Flying killer piranhas and Bad taste ? The same gentleman who masterfully portrayed cult classic like LotR ? C'mon you fantasy geeks admit it ! Jackson turned whole LotR
into a beautiful, touching opera with flying super elf, comic relief dwarf and Fairy king
( who was human btw ) and just used exorbitantly large amounts of money to take audience's and critic's attention away from rather gigantic plotholes with "massive" battle scenes.

Kindly disregard that, hobbit the book was bad enough, and now that Jackie boy makes film about it, I bet Bilbo Baggins, the dynamic protagonist can flip somersaults and throw shurikens and decapitate trolls with single blow, all along some triumph majestic victory dance blasting from background.. PASS

Please refrain from using such language in your posting.

--SilverHawk

Yay, the hobbit! Im not a huge lotr fan but I think I liked the hobbit better than the other books.

JuffoWup, I would like to see you do it better....

WOO! NEver been a MAJOR LOTR fan but They are indeed good movies. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

You need to stop cussing so freakin much JuffoWup o_O. Besides, not like you can do much better.

We usually let a little cussing slide but JuffoWup you are pushing the limits on that one.

Great news. It's exciting indeed :)

If it's of the same quality as the LOTR trilogy, we can expect something epic coming out from Peter Jackson.

I also find the 2-movies idea the best they could have. Even if it seems shorts, there is a lot of stuff that happens in The Hobbit, and they couldn't just cut a few things and release the movie. Everything needs to be done, everything needs to happen and everything needs to be precised with an entirety of details. Only 2 movies of 1 book can do that.

Yay, the hobbit! Im not a huge lotr fan but I think I liked the hobbit better than the other books.

JuffoWup, I would like to see you do it better....

Hell yes I'd do, just pass me the amount of money Jackson used to elude dimwitted nutsuckers to take his "masterpiece" seriously, and I'd put the money on better use by creating guinness world record by burning record breaking pile of LoTr copies... That book alone is at least questionable reading for mature audiences, and more questionable literal puke by man who is a professor for gods sake.

I'm done

This kind of reminds me of the LOTR vs. Star Wars in Clerks 2.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I would like to see it again like Ghan had it the first time with pagination though - without the pagination that view will not work but with pagination it just might...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This drink recipe I have had more than a few times back in the day! Mind Eraser https://www.thehelper.net/threads/cocktail-mind-eraser.194720/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.