The right to bear arms

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Because they taste good. And elk and I want to shoot a wolf but I find and coyotes and I have a tag for a bear but I don't really want to kill one unless it's on the road because they weigh a lot..
So you can just shot a animal if you see one?

Would you prefer we go back to swords and armor?.
LOL sure not, but no weapon at all shouldn't exist!

I don't know what that means.
well, it's sounds like it's so easy to use a gun and shot the burgler if you see a burgler in your house. But Think if is not a burgler maybe its just a 14years old kid in your house. and the kid is not even a theif. so what you do if you find out after you shot? So in the reality, I dont think you can be sure what you would do. isn't that right?

I know there is evil humans. @thewrongvine
But guns&weapons not always is the best thing to use.

Hunting That's :mad:

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
So you can just shot a animal if you see one?

Well I have to pay for it and tell the government that I intend on shooting something, but yeah I suppose. Actually I'm going this weekend. And you know it's not all fun and games like BANG dead HAHA I KILLED SOMETHING, they weigh a lot and I got to pack the damn thing out. Coyotes you can kill, they're classified as varmint I think. Wolves I don't have a tag for, but they're open for game in Idaho this year. Last year it was like a 10k fine and poaching charges and they're endangered so it's felony counts and a bunch of other shit.

LOL sure not, but no weapon at all shouldn't exist!

If they didn't we would all just fight wars with our hands. Which isn't very effective strategically, tactically it's fine.

well, it's sounds like it's so easy to use a gun and shot the burgler if you see a burgler in your house. But Think if is not a burgler maybe its just a 14years old kid in your house. and the kid is not even a theif. so what you do if you find out after you shot? So in the reality, I dont think you can be sure what you would do. isn't that right?

Is there a reason a fourteen year old kid just happens to be in my house without me knowing and he isn't stealing anything?

But guns&weapons not always is the best thing to use.

Do you have a better idea? I threw out mine (swords; I think that would be kind of fun actually... running around with a battleaxe and a sword and stuff would be awesome) and you said no.

Hunting That's

Why?

FireCat

Reaction score
Well I have to pay for it and tell the government that I intend on shooting something, but they're open for game in Idaho this year. Last year it was like a 10k fine and poaching charges and they're endangered so it's felony counts and a bunch of other shit. ?
Well, Good its not free to kill poor animals. and chould not be easy. Even incrase a bit if you want shot something that would be awesome. Oh and that game sounds pretty boring and not funny!

If they didn't we would all just fight wars with our hands. Which isn't very effective strategically, tactically it's fine. ?
meh, fight with hands its pretty messy also. You can hurt you self also. would be bad idea. yeah?

Is there a reason a fourteen year old kid just happens to be in my house without me knowing and he isn't stealing anything? ?
well. the kid could just sleepwalking think its his house, get lost. or just try to get help. something like that and yeah there is plenty more reason why a 14 year old kid can be on your house.

Do you have a better idea? I threw out mine (swords; I think that would be kind of fun actually... running around with a battleaxe and a sword and stuff would be awesome) and you said no. ?
It doesn't sounds funny, running around like that. Would not be awesome just fight talk no one would be hurt. With a sword it would be to bloody and cruel. So its still a NO.

Because, hunters shot so many animals. Soon there is no animals left thats bad.. and even some do it for fun. It shoulden be like that. "There is a wolf shot it hahaha funny". Some people do that, kill animals for fun. isn't that horrific ?

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
meh, fight with hands its pretty messy also. You can hurt you self also. would be bad idea. yeah?
mma fightings actually pretty fun...

well. the kid could just sleepwalking think its his house, get lost. or just try to get help. something like that and yeah there is plenty more reason why a 14 year old kid can be on your house.

plz move to humor zone :thup:

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
Hate to break it to you Firecat, but you can ALWAYS make something a weapon.

Even if you were to get rid of every sword, gun, rifle, tank, airplane, ship, bomb, knife, machine gun, rocket launcher, and dagger in existence, people would just start using pencils, hammers, planks of wood, crowbars, hedge trimmers, and bow & arrows as their weapons of choice.

Even if you got rid of all that, people will still have their hands, fighting skills, natural poisons, pieces of technology, dust, and broken mailbox things as new weapons.

Unless you decide to remove every blasted material thing in existence, you will never be able to stop violence or weapons. People will always adapt, and those that decide to hold onto the stronger ones are typically the ones that want to take your stuff in the first place.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
or. in other words. anything can kill you, might as well let yourself defend yourself with a gun

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
It's funny because it's humor. 14-year old kids can kill people. Kids 'r crazy these days, :)

So teh final is that better to be able to bear arms to save yourself then die so you can possibly maybe be in an accidental situation!

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Varine

Reaction score
Well, Good its not free to kill poor animals. and chould not be easy. Even incrase a bit if you want shot something that would be awesome. Oh and that game sounds pretty boring and not funny!

It's not easy you got to walk and carry a gun and a pack and look for them and then if you don't shoot it right you have to chase it and they go a long way with a shattered leg. And THEN you got to pack it out and they weigh a lot. And I didn't say it was funny or not boring, I said I wanted the food. And I want the horns because people pay a lot for them sometimes... or if they're big I can brag about it to other people without big ones. Albeit I didn't shoot one this weekend... I got another few days.

Yeah I can hurt myself walking too. The other day I tripped over the sidewalk curb where it goes straight from the road up to the sidewalk, and I scraped my arm up pretty bad... I needed a bandaid and everything.

You are pushing it.

It doesn't sounds funny, running around like that. Would not be awesome just fight talk no one would be hurt. With a sword it would be to bloody and cruel. So its still a NO.

I don't think talking works. Why would I care what you say if you're not going to hit me? Oh, I probably don't... unless I like you but in that case I don't think I'd be really excited about fighting you.

Because, hunters shot so many animals. Soon there is no animals left thats bad.. and even some do it for fun. It shoulden be like that. "There is a wolf shot it hahaha funny". Some people do that, kill animals for fun. isn't that horrific ?

Not really. If I saw a wolf I would shoot it and then leave it there because I didn't get a tag and would get fined for it.... And I don't think that's how it works. You do realize humans aren't the only ones that can have babies right?

And Why it's that so funny?

Fun and funny aren't the same thing. And it's FUN because it is; why are video games fun?

FireCat

Reaction score
Yeah I can hurt myself walking too. The other day I tripped over the sidewalk curb where it goes straight from the road up to the sidewalk, and I scraped my arm up pretty bad... I needed a bandaid and everything.
Oh my, That's so horrific. But you didn't saw the curb? You walked in a dream?

Not really. If I saw a wolf I would shoot it and then leave it there because I didn't get a tag and would get fined for it.... And I don't think that's how it works. You do realize humans aren't the only ones that can have babies right? .
Leave wolf alone :mad: they don’t harm someone. And Sure it's not only a human who have babies. What would it be if there wasn't other species babies? It would be.. Just nuts, yeah?

Fun and funny aren't the same thing. And it's FUN because it is; why are video games fun?
Can't say video games are always fun or funny to play. lol

Varine

Reaction score
Because they are ridiculous and irrational and I fail to see how it's considered an argument.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> mma fightings actually pretty fun...

Until you get shot.

> Why would I care what you say if you're not going to hit me? Oh, I probably don't...

Macho talk, I can't push it because you are a veteran. You sure have experience why to wear guns.

Though guns in sole are not solution -- radicals and otherwise narrow minded use them wrongly, they do not value human live. Then bit brighter people again have to forcefully restore order (mostly to obeying laws and value human live again). From aside it is pity and dreadful to see how human lives gets wasted. Speaking in metaphors when white (in my text smart people -- who value human live and live in general) start to fight with black (narrow minded) it gets grey. As you can't distinguish who is who because both seem like idiots from aside.

Question to Varine

Have you figured out why politicians do not take guns and fight themselves? Wait, maybe because they want to live after war too? Then why you fight their fight?

Actually hunters who are professionals respect nature and live.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
this thread has gone pretty far (pretty surprising actually) and from what i remember. no one has thought of a clear middle ground.

For example. Admit it there are some really retarded Americans out there *cough* Congress *cough*. And gun rights is something that not every person can handle. If the gun regulations were just more strict. This debate wouldnt even be happening. But as everyone knows. the American government as of right now. is retarded and wasteful. They deem it is ok for anyone with a permit to buy a gun.

Thanks to Sooda and his link to TED videos. There was a video entitled "18 minutes with an agile mind" and he said. You want to learn about the future? Dont ask a physicist, dont ask a professor. Ask a kindergarden teacher. Albeit, an experienced one. They know what will be coming to America in 20 years. The American population is becoming increasingly liberal and the parents are liberal too. So 20 years from know. America could be so far from what it was meant to be. It is unknown what will happen to America. but unless things like gun rights is properly examined. We will have problems

Varine

Reaction score
If the gun regulations were just more strict. This debate wouldnt even be happening.

Yes it would; there are people like me that think they're too strict as it stands. If it were more strict we wouldn't be faced with debates, you would be looking at people pushing for states to secede.

Have you figured out why politicians do not take guns and fight themselves? Wait, maybe because they want to live after war too? Then why you fight their fight?

Firstly, many of them have served in the military for a while (not the ones currently running our country, but I didn't want them). Some of them haven't. Honestly I joined the military to try and run away from the life I had, it didn't work because when I came back it got worse. But I don't consider it 'their' fight; Iraq and Afghanistan are, whether you feel the same way or not I don't care, fights for their freedom. The people there were working just as hard as I was, I wasn't doing all the work for them. I was helping, yeah, but the Iraqi and Afghani soldiers I worked with DID want to have a country like the US. We all bitch about who got elected, and I do too, but at least we CAN bitch about it without having the chance at being summarily executed.

And last I checked, I'm still alive after my tours... I know lots of people that still are amazingly. We weren't sent there to die, just prepared for the fact that we could.

1. Because they are on TV
2. And what do I do then?

They deem it is ok for anyone with a permit to buy a gun.

No, you can't. There are a lot of people who have been denied for owning a weapon.

The American population is becoming increasingly liberal and the parents are liberal too. So 20 years from know. America could be so far from what it was meant to be. It is unknown what will happen to America. but unless things like gun rights is properly examined. We will have problems

We're going to have problems as it is; I mean you don't have to agree with me, but Obama is way too radical to be a president. We can't have anyone that's really far left or really far right in government because those people are so unwilling to compromise with the other side that it forces people further and further across the spectrum, effectively erasing the moderate voice. And once Obama is out, we'll probably end up with someone really far right and all of these services Obama tried to implement will just be dropped. And it's going to seesaw back and forth and cause instability, unless a civil war breaks out before that.

FireCat

Reaction score
A hunter said they did not find a animal they want to shoot
because It's not many of them.

But next he say.. Is that better drive over them:
IF you say that's good you didn't.

and that was just only some couple of days ago.
Isent that a bit weird to say.

I don't agree with that.. Not all are that.
serioulsy!

BTW:Just open your eyes a bit more.. varine

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> I don't agree with that.. Not all are that.
serioulsy!

Thanks for correcting me.

> And what do I do then?

Surprisingly you are following the law which is good. At least it seems like that.

This gets too personal, we should discuss it generally. If I do some research I can post some good arguments. Varine, you would not believe how strict our country firearms laws are.

Quick Estonia firearms law round up:

You need to be at least 18 years old.

1. You have to successfully pass firearm exam (answer 8 questions correctly out of 10, means 80% correct). There are no answer variants (ABC tests), all answers need to be written yourself.
They check do you know how to store gun safely, how to wear gun (they mean when you are outdoor where you could use gun),do you know current firearms law, do you can give first aid to shooting victim. Do you know main things about gun type which you desire/ want to acquire.
This exam result expires within 1 year after what you need to redo it again.

2. When you have passed exam you can do practical test. You need to shoot at target(s) and know main things about your specific gun-type. When you fail it, you need to redo practical test within 1 month. When you decide to not try practical test any more and 1 month passes then you need to do both firearm exam and practical shooting test again.

3. Now 1. and 2. are passed you can send request to local/ closest police station for getting 'firearm acquiring licence' -- it consist of personal info (where you live), some medical info, psychiatrist decision (do you look normal enough to bear arms). With this licence you can buy gun from gunshop or other gun owners can give you gun to use (for shooting, storing and/ or wearing).
This 'firearm acquiring licence' expires after 3 months (you can with request make it last 3+3 months, if request is sent before first 3 months expiration).

4. Gun registration (all before requirements need to be met)

When you bought gun or got gun for use (for shooting, storing and/ or wearing) then within 7 days you have to register this action in your local or closest police station.
With that registration you get permission to use gun for 5 years after what permission expires. Again you have to lengthen permission before its expiration.

Then there are special cases when documents got lost or were destroyed. Gun went missing or you lost it. Guns safe storing point got changed (Some weapons, dunno if all, need to be kept in lockers) you have to update info in police station within reasonable time.

I myself do not have gun, I checked how are my country, Estonia firearms laws -- they seem strict which is good in my opinion.

You can't buy guns from local supermarket in Estonia.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.