The right to bear arms

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
and that is why. we dont know. Because loose gun rules will get a responsible person to bring down DA LAW but also loose gun rules will allow a gunman to shoot down a lot of people. Life is just that retarded :/

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
and that is why. we dont know. Because loose gun rules will get a responsible person to bring down DA LAW but also loose gun rules will allow a gunman to shoot down a lot of people. Life is just that retarded :/

If I was going to kill someone I would do it with or without a gun... still. The idea that 'bad people use guns to kill people' simply isn't an argument; they'll get them illegally as most of the good ones do now, or use something that isn't a gun.

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
More guns.

What kind of a fucking moron are you? It's really easy to say that guns solve problems and guns are all good, but then you fail to mention the four year old kid who shoots himself by accident, and the countless school shootings caused by guns being so available that it's scary! Every day you hear about five homecides and many more injuries caused by those inventions. Is that the way it should be, according to you?

Your comment is so fucking idiotic that it's vomitable, you don't have any clue what these things really do, and you sure as hell lost all contact with reality. It's really easy for you to praise guns as the number one problemsolver, but they have no other use aside from killing people. And that's what they do, and they do it perfectly well. Any person with a gun in hand is a safety hazard like you wouldn't believe. Around five hundred children are killed each year because of gun accidents. Either they don't know what it does, and aim it at someone else, or they aim it at themselves and fire. What on earth makes you think that this is the way it ought to be?

Guns are obsolete. They can only provoke, kill or maim. Human evolution should have progressed far enough that even you could see that, but I'm apparently wrong.

Varine

Reaction score
What kind of a fucking moron are you? It's really easy to say that guns solve problems and guns are all good, but then you fail to mention the four year old kid who shoots himself by accident, and the countless school shootings caused by guns being so available that it's scary! Every day you hear about five homecides and many more injuries caused by those inventions. Is that the way it should be, according to you?

Yeah that four year old's parents probably should have explained to them not to touch the fucking gun like my parents did. I remember I found my dad's hand gun once... he smacked me right in the head. And it's not that they are 'so available' that people get hold of them; if you want to shoot up the school you have any idea how easy it would be for them to just build a bomb and drop it in the cafeteria instead? You don't get it; if the gangsta boys in Detroit can't buy a gun legally they'll get one illegally. I live in a small fucking city and I can get a gun illegally that has no markings, no way to track it, because it's not in any systems, no one would know it exists. Besides, I would much rather have someone shoot me than beat me to death with a fucking bat.

Your comment is so fucking idiotic that it's vomitable, you don't have any clue what these things really do, and you sure as hell lost all contact with reality. It's really easy for you to praise guns as the number one problemsolver, but they have no other use aside from killing people. And that's what they do, and they do it perfectly well. Any person with a gun in hand is a safety hazard like you wouldn't believe. Around five hundred children are killed each year because of gun accidents. Either they don't know what it does, and aim it at someone else, or they aim it at themselves and fire. What on earth makes you think that this is the way it ought to be?

I'm not even going to respond to this because I don't feel like having a bunch of mods tell me to be nice again.

Guns are obsolete. They can only provoke, kill or maim. Human evolution should have progressed far enough that even you could see that, but I'm apparently wrong.

That's like saying war is obsolete; it just proves your ignorance. Obviously you're wrong because I can't kill a deer with a knife can I? Or are those obsolete too because they can cut people?

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
like i said. America sucks at responsibility lets put it into perspective

(EXAMPLE STATISTICS)
100 People properly teach their children what to do with their guns
1 Person screws up, and doesnt tell the child, so the child kill (insert here)

---

Now. People against Gun rights (or loose gun rules. whichever you prefer) treat that one person like 1000. Thats why. They exaggerate the severity of the situation and dont look at the other angles, like the parents neglecting to properly teach their child.
----

Remember Prohibition? (i really doubt anyone is old enough to have remember that experience) but when it was put into place. All of the law-abiding citizens didnt drink alcohol... so.. maybe it will be the same thing with guns. And there lies another problem. Drinking doesnt directly kill a person. and a criminal could EASILY get an illegal gun. And what do you have to defend yourself? nothing. yur screwed.
---
A parent should be smart enough to hide or teach their child how what to do with the gun.

Varine

Reaction score
Supposedly, citizens in the US own 270 million weapons classified as a firearm. Let's be really liberal and assume that each person owning a gun has five, which is a lot. That means 54 million people own a gun. I'm going to say that half of the population is an adult (there's 305 million people, so 152.5 million are adults). So 54 million of those people have five guns. In 2004 649 people died from gun accidents in the US. Over 42 thousand people were killed in car accidents.

Therefore, your argument sucks so go away.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
ok, srsly, I just think that the thumb rule should apply: you can have a knife the size of your thumb. That is all. Fire arms should be restricted to army and police men.

Then again, there was this thing that shoots you with electrisity... it can be useful to wear off attackers... and you can't really hurt someone with it.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
ok, srsly, I just think that the thumb rule should apply: you can have a knife the size of your thumb. That is all.
Lol? Can you imagine trying to chop and scoop carrots or celery with a thumb-sized knife? Or, as a general blade law, what about splitting wood? Does my 6-lb maul need to be replaced with a 2-inch butter knife or 1-ounce hatchet?

Then again, there was this thing that shoots you with electrisity... it can be useful to wear off attackers... and you can't really hurt someone with it.
Agreed. Weaponized high voltage devices couldn't possibly be used to hurt someone, or anything bad like that.

Varine

Reaction score
ok, srsly, I just think that the thumb rule should apply: you can have a knife the size of your thumb. That is all. Fire arms should be restricted to army and police men.

A tazer? Have you ever been shot with a good tazer? It fucks you up. I was on the ground for like ten minutes. People shit themselves.

And how am I going to cut my deer that I apparently can't kill anymore with a knife the size of my thumb?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Tasers have killed people. Not directly, but still.

And with the thumb rule, I can grab the average steak knife instead. Or maybe a chainsaw.

Varine

Reaction score
Tasers have killed people. Not directly, but still.

And with the thumb rule, I can grab the average steak knife instead. Or maybe a chainsaw.

Set some dude on fire... there was an article on here about it a bit ago.

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
I like all the "what if we were invaded" talk. No country can logistically occupy the entire U.S.... One of the largest countries in the world in both area and population (also has the largest amount of civilians with guns). Also the U.S. economy has a say so in for the rest of the world... With the world's largest navy, and an air force decades ahead of any other country, and one of the better ground forces in the world... I don't think we're going to get invaded ;).

OK. Here's another thing I don't get. If you were to ban guns, how would this change anything? There are 270 million firearms in the U.S., and suddenly guns are illegal. Now what? Millions and millions of houses contain illegal contraband now? You can't just somehow collect them all. You have a right to property. So all you have accomplished is piss off a large chunk of the nation, who now can't hunt or sport shoot without being a "criminal". All the people that still would be willing to kill someone with a gun still will, those guns didn't go anywhere, and all the "bad" guns (aka automatic) can still be sold illegally. You haven't changed anything for the good. Only made another conflict within the nation.

Oh, and just wondering. How many people that push for gun control either a) actually own a gun. or b) have been affected by gun crimes.
Don't raise your hands all at once :thup:

Varine

Reaction score
I like all the "what if we were invaded" talk. No country can logistically occupy the entire U.S.... One of the largest countries in the world in both area and population (also has the largest amount of civilians with guns). Also the U.S. economy has a say so in for the rest of the world... With the world's largest navy, and an air force decades ahead of any other country, and one of the better ground forces in the world... I don't think we're going to get invaded

China's active military is twice as big as ours. They're reserve is almost as big as our active. They're paramilitary is bigger than our active, reserve, and paramilitary combined. They have more people fit for service than we do population. You don't think it's a possibility that we'll be invaded, then it's partly ignorance and partly the same thing that everyone else in the US has issues with and thinking we're invincible and don't lose. Our economy is down, so is everyone's so it won't fucking matter. China owns almost half of our debt, and with us trying to force them to recognize Taiwan as not theirs, they aren't happy. No one thought 9/11 would happen, no one thought Japan would hit Pearl Harbor, because everyone feels that we're invincible. If the US were gone, the other major powers would thrive because we wouldn't be around to threaten them not to do anything. It can happen and it's quite possible, and the best time to take us down would be when we're close to civil war... like now. And I don't think they would necessarily win, but think about the damage that they would cause? And our weapons and everything might be better, but they could easily just overwhelm us.

They aren't hiding the fact that they're prepared to do it either. They have the plans printed in military textbooks. They're plan would be to hit us first, and hit as hard as they can. Which given the size of their military, would be pretty fucking hard. Our forces aren't usually forward deployed. The Chinese aren't stupid, they know that head to head, we would have a good shot at winning, and if we push back into their land, they're fucked. It would be short and intense fights, a single campaign at a time. They aren't like our military, they won't be worried about civilian casualties. If they want to invade us, and I'm sure it's getting to the point where they'll be thinking about it soon, they will and they will lose or win, and even if they do lose, they'll recover just like we will, and they'll sure fuck up a lot of the US.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Well he just said they can't occupy the entire US. Invaded, yes, but being completely conquered...

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Varine

Reaction score
Well he just said they can't occupy the entire US. Invaded, yes, but being completely conquered...

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

It doesn't matter, you don't have to completely overrun a country to make armed civilians of any use. If they were to get so far as past the front even, you would want a gun.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Now I'm confused. Can people state here if they are For or Against bearing arms? lol

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.