The right to bear arms

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
rofl, yup, it's a man's castle.

- dogs
- fences
- alarm systems
- martial art self defense classes (which ARE actually more effective against a gun in dark and/or at gunpoint)?

Yes, then you waste money to get a dog, fence, and an alarm system. And in defence of the dogs (which I love), some people that just rely on the dog as protection and like burglurery defence might not treat the dog with love and care! <3

The world isn't a nice place. Better to play it safe. (some rules of Zombieland apply to life, too).

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
rofl, yup, it's a man's castle.

- dogs
- fences
- alarm systems
- martial art self defense classes (which ARE actually more effective against a gun in dark and/or at gunpoint)?

Yes, then you waste money to get a dog, fence, and an alarm system. And in defence of the dogs (which I love), some people that just rely on the dog as protection and like burglurery defence might not treat the dog with love and care! <3

The world isn't a nice place. Better to play it safe. (some rules of Zombieland apply to life, too).

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Martial Arts are only going to help if you get close. If the robber was smart he wouldn't be playing games and would take you down from a distance if he could.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I believe you should be able to. No civilian needs an automatic assault rifle, and there are laws to prevent military grade weapons from being sold/owned. The system is fine as is.

While some bare too many arms, I do agree. For the most part the system is fine. Owning assault rifles is kind of ridiculous for civilians.

Varine

Reaction score
While some bare too many arms, I do agree. For the most part the system is fine. Owning assault rifles is kind of ridiculous for civilians.

They're pretty fun to play with.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
They're pretty fun to play with.

So are tanks, but I am not allowed to own one.
There is no difference, both are used for War, not civil defense. I can see a rifle, or a shotgun but an assualt rifle? Where do you live that you really need one of those?

Varine

Reaction score
So are tanks, but I am not allowed to own one.
There is no difference, both are used for War, not civil defense. I can see a rifle, or a shotgun but an assualt rifle? Where do you live that you really need one of those?

Detroit.

Tanks aren't that much fun... confusing little guys now. The driver has panels EVERYWHERE, it's ridiculous.

Oh and you CAN own a tank but the cannon and turrets can't work. I can find you one of you want.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I'm very liberal, yet I believe all Americans should have the right to bare arms. I don't care how many people die from crimes. If something goes wrong, we should have the option to whip out a gun to protect ourselves. Taking guns away from civilians is a bad decision and is regression.

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
Detroit.

Tanks aren't that much fun... confusing little guys now. The driver has panels EVERYWHERE, it's ridiculous.

Oh and you CAN own a tank but the cannon and turrets can't work. I can find you one of you want.

Do it....

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
Though I may be a bit too late, I'm going to go ahead and throw my expertise at this comment;

martial art self defense classes (which ARE actually more effective against a gun in dark and/or at gunpoint)?

I've accumulated a black-belt in Tae-Kwon-Do and Kenpo-Karate.

Neither of these styles, which are comprised of the same core elements that exist in vast majority of all American taught martial arts styles, lend themselves to being effective versus fire-arms.

Yes, in the later style at the higher ranks, gun "defense" technique are taught, but they are always rather ineffective.

In most cases, the advise of many martial arts instructors I have spoken with have given the same advice.

If at all possible, co-operate. A gun is more effective than your technique.

As my own instructor once put it;

"The best gun defense is to not get caught in a situation were you need to worry about gun defenses."

Varine

Reaction score
Yeah that's what we said. You can do all the flippies you want it's faster to pull a trigger.

Varine

Reaction score
Thats awesome.

Really, I don't think you need guns. If there was better gun contol I don;t think they would have a problem.

Until I want to hunt or just just go get them off the black market?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've cleaned up some abusive/racist posts from this thread.

Please keep this thread clean and free of those please.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
This Fucking guns shouldn't exist!!!!!!!!!!

all talk about how you do if a burglar get in your house. But maybe in the reality doesn't be like that?!

and how you been feeling if you shot a human.. a burglar is still a human being
so its not better do like -->

"The best gun defense is to not get caught in a situation were you need to worry about gun defenses.
"
Best idea ever!

I shoot deer and stuff with mine. And a raccoon once.
Why? and what stuff?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Because if you think humans are good people, then you're wrong. Humans are horrible people. Only way to change them is if something really bad happens, but until then, we're bad. So peace won't exist. There will be burgleries and violence, so guns for protection is good. Why do you think in every utopia story, it ends up dead or gone, because humans can't make everything peaceful naturally, you need someone to control it, and then the controllers end up abusing power (like in HOT FUZZ). So, guns ftw!

And er, in response to your last question, hunting, :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Varine

Reaction score
Why? and what stuff?

Because they taste good. And elk and I want to shoot a wolf but I find and coyotes and I have a tag for a bear but I don't really want to kill one unless it's on the road because they weigh a lot. Actually I'm hoping to shoot a elk this weekend.

and how you been feeling if you shot a human.. a burglar is still a human being
so its not better do like -->

I was in Iraq and Afghanistan.

This Fucking guns shouldn't exist!!!!!!!!!!

Would you prefer we go back to swords and armor?

all talk about how you do if a burglar get in your house. But maybe in the reality doesn't be like that?!

I don't know what that means.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.