The right to bear arms

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I think the self defence this is BS, and kind of sketchy.

"He said he might maybe come to my house and possible not kill me. So I shot him fifteen times. Self Defence."

Or I was sitting in my room and someone broke in so I opened my closet and found my gun and shot him sixteen times (because I keep one in the chamber).

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
It would. Still be creative, there are a lot of ways to torment people:

Make them watch Twilight all day long. This is worse then being eaten alive.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
No. Don't break into my damn house.

awww, but I heard your house has the best chocolate :(

I always keep a gun under my bed, loaded, I don't care what the law says, the law isn't going to protect me.

It's simple facts,

he broke the law to steal/rob.
I broke the law to shoot that bastard.

Zakyath

Reaction score
You guys go far beyond "an eye for an eye". You go by the "if you even look at me I'll punch a sledge hammer so hard into your head, they'll have to pull it out of your ass". Well. At least something in that direction. I don't know what you guys are capable of doing if someone punches you in the face. If you even think of a weapon here, get help! Then you're more of a danger to the society than a thief...

Varine

Reaction score
hmm maybe not a real gun, but maybe a tranquilizer?

Because if he's big and it doesn't stop him immediately and he gots a gun he'd shoot me back.

You guys go far beyond "an eye for an eye". You go by the "if you even look at me I'll punch a sledge hammer so hard into your head, they'll have to pull it out of your ass". Well. At least something in that direction. I don't know what you guys are capable of doing if someone punches you in the face. If you even think of a weapon here, get help! Then you're more of a danger to the society than a thief...

Here's an idea: Don't break into people's houses. It's fucking scary and I don't know what that 'thief' is going to do is he sees me. For all I know he has a gun too; I understand most people robbing don't wouldn't want to kill me, they just want money, but that's doesn't mean they'd think twice before pulling a glock out or shoving the sharpest shiv they can grab into my neck. And no, fighting is totally different than breaking into my house with the intention of taking what's mine. If someone hits me, yeah I'll fight back, but that doesn't mean I would kill him (unless he tried to kill me or something), I would just do my best to beat his ass to prove that I'm right about whatever we're fighting about.

What would you prefer I do? Sit there and watch some guy take all my shit?

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
its obviously better to shoot into a non-lethal area. but SOMEHOW people decide to shoot them more when the criminal is on the ground crying and bleeding profusely.

Of course, with non-lethal shots he can still shoot back. and a shot into both arms and both legs will most likely be fatal

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
head-shot-demotivational-poster.jpg

People are crazy. However, some people aren't. It all depends on if you want to play it safe and possibly make a mistake, perhaps killing the theif that might not even have been a real threat. Or if you want to take that risk and not use a firearm to defend yourself, maybe saving a guy that could be punished by the law instead. I mean I prefer me living...

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Varine

Reaction score
its obviously better to shoot into a non-lethal area. but SOMEHOW people decide to shoot them more when the criminal is on the ground crying and bleeding profusely.

Of course, with non-lethal shots he can still shoot back. and a shot into both arms and both legs will most likely be fatal

When you're actually shooting someone, you have no idea how much adrenaline is running through you. It's not like they're actively thinking "he's on the ground, better empty this clip into his head." You're not calm and thinking straight.

And the guy that's breaking into your house probably has quite a bit of adrenaline too, and even if you do shoot him once non-lethally, with the adrenaline and endorphines he probably won't feel it, and with the complete knowledge that if he doesn't get out he's going to be going to jail for a long time... it's not so simple where if you just get shot you're done. It hurts yeah, but if it's life or death (or jail), what are you going to do? Everyone's so scared and amped so far up that clear thought isn't happening.

And I mean it's like what Vine said, it's going to come down to you can risk or not and I prefer to be the one that doesn't take a shot at getting killed because some douche wants my stuff... that's mine in every way. Like if you come into my house and look at the TV, it's mine. The car? Mine. Carpet? Mine (although I don't know if anyone would steal my carpet); computer? Mine; the gun that I would shoot you with? That's especially mine, and I like to use my things.

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
Saying you need to own a gun is saying you want to shoot someone at some point in time. There is no other function. If you state it works as a form of intimidation; I'm sure that means you are willing to use it in times where you choose to and the consequence is most likely someone will die.

I own a gun, and I'm homicidal thought free :thup:

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
That's because you are a pathetic retarded americunt.
Ever heard about
- dogs
- fences
- alarm systems
- martial art self defense classes (which ARE actually more effective against a gun in dark and/or at gunpoint)?

If the robber is not a total a dumbfuck first timer, he won't even wake you.

It's not that difficult to use shields instead of death traps.

Varine

Reaction score
That's because you are a pathetic retarded americunt.
Ever heard about
- dogs
- fences
- alarm systems
- martial art self defense classes (which ARE actually more effective against a gun in dark and/or at gunpoint)?

If the robber is not a total a dumbfuck first timer, he won't even wake you.

It's not that difficult to use shields instead of death traps.

Well I was just fucking around, but yeah I do have alarms and all sorts of shit on my house. Well not really, but there is a really really loud buzz thing my friend installed and that wakes me up whenever some of my friends get drunk and decide to come to my house.

My dog is a pansy. It's not going to save me. Besides I'm up all the time and leave lights off because I like the dark more than the light. I was in the military since I was seventeen, I can hold my own in a fight just fine but still, if someone breaks into my house (and if they aren't a first timer dumbfuck they'd probably know how to disable the alarm, it's that hard given that I'm not a rich dude so I can't afford a bunch of cool security stuff) I'm not taking a chance and trying to beat the shit out of them. Again it's not that hard to shoot or stab someone in a fist fight. And getting into my house is kind of hard to do without making noise and I wake up easy.

And I might be a pathetic retarded americunt but at least I don't live in a country and spend my time talking about how much it sucks. The country wouldn't suck so much if people like you left.

ReVolver

Reaction score
And I might be a pathetic retarded americunt but at least I don't live in a country and spend my time talking about how much it sucks. The country wouldn't suck so much if people like you left.

Why do you think I left Mexico? :cool:

ontopic:

Everyone should be allowed to own a gun, why do officers and people of "the law" get one and we don't? I know many "dumb" cops who would rather shoot a suspect rather than to tazer or tackle down. There are many options to take down a burglar but if I decided I want to shoot him I have the right to do so.

A smart burglar carries a gun, I rather not risk my "kung fu" skills on someone who can just click *bang* dead.

Varine

Reaction score
No no no man tazers set people on fire dontcha know?

I'm still failing to see why I'm in the wrong for shooting a burglar. So like... if I rob a bank would the security officers be in the wrong to shoot at me?

ReVolver

Reaction score
No no no man tazers set people on fire dontcha know?

I'm still failing to see why I'm in the wrong for shooting a burglar. So like... if I rob a bank would the security officers be in the wrong to shoot at me?

People just don't understand what 'life or death' situation truly is, that's why.

It's self defense doesn't matter what you use, heck I rather use a M16 than a pistol any day.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
bullet proof vest ftw :p

On-topic.
When someone breaks into your house it will probably during the night right? (right, less chance of discovery). Use the cover of darkness to kung fu his ass when hes not looking :/

Varine

Reaction score
bullet proof vest ftw :p

On-topic.
When someone breaks into your house it will probably during the night right? (right, less chance of discovery). Use the cover of darkness to kung fu his ass when hes not looking :/

How about I use the cover of darkness to sneak over and turn a light on and then shoot him instead?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.