Tooltip Missing?

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
Hey guys, i created a few custom spells,and its all good,the effects and everything, but,when i play the map,and i choose my hero,and when i go to select my spells, the image of the spell doesnt show :S,it says "Tooltip Missing" ... but after i select that spell, than it shows the image and the description of the spell, so im wondering if anyone knows how to fix this ?

avalya

Reaction score
It's the actual learning tooltip that is missing, make sure you have text in the learning text fields.

Kyux

Reaction score
the actual tool tip for learning isnt placed near the other tooltips when you do them. i found this out too, and had the same problem. im pretty sure that the :tooltip - learn" is next to name and such in the object editor

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
ok guys thanks for the help,its all good now :thup:

1 more question :)

How can i make creeps to give gold when killed?:eek:

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
If the Creeps are controlled by a player then you have to turn the player flag on:

Event - Map Initialization
Conditions
Actions - Turn Player flag on for Player 12 (brown)

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I believe there is a snippet by Azlier that can fix this, if you haven`t.

Also, you have a tool tip error.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
My script thing fixes some bug caused by spell books or hero leveling or something. I forget. Not your everyday tooltip errors.

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
Heya guys,i've got another question :D i hope you can help me:)

how can i convert a .jpg file to a .mdx ?
and than from .mdx to .tga or .blp i think it was...

i want to make a custom loading screen :) ..:D

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score

A .jpg is an image.
A .mdx is a model.
What I understand is that you want to make a flat model out of a picture? That's possible by opening .jpg file in Magos's Model Editor.

On the other hand, you can't convert a .mdx back to pictures such as .tga and .blp.

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
damn i got it all wrong :S

ok lemme try and rephrase my question

I need to make a custom loading screen,and i already checked the guide at the site,but it was not helpful to me,can anyone tell me how to set up a custom loading screen...please?:)

Mael

Reaction score

Wait, an .mdx file is a model so it wouldn't really be used as a picture for a loading screen. I think .blp files are used for pictures in Warcraft.

So if you have a .jpg file, then you could download the Warcraft III Viewer and use that program (Convert Files: "BMP, TGA, or JPG --> BLP"). Here's a link if you want: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/warcraft-iii-viewer-62878/.

Edit: You have to use "loadingscreen.mdx" as well so I would suggest finding a good tutorial.
Edit: Try http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/simple-loading-screen-139768/.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Don't ask questions after questions. Its best to ask new questions in new threads, and that's also in the rules. Makes things easier so you don't go to a thread titled Tooltip missing? to fix a custom loading screen problem.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.