"trample" spell

Reaction score
I want a siege engine to be able to activate an ability called "grinding wheel" or something, where it hurts any unit in front of it within a 300 radius, but doesn't hurt itself. I tried a trigger like this:

-Unit is issued move order

-Unit equal to siege engine

-do 100 damage per second in a 300 radius from position of triggering unit

This worked, but it hurt the siege engine and units anywhere around it. I want it to only hurt the units in front of it (and not itself). Is there any way to trigger this without JASS? If so please help.

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
or how about:
Code:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 300 range of (Triggering Unit) matching ((((Matching Unit) is an enemy of (Triggering Unit) Equal to True) and (((Matching Unit) is A structure) Equal to True))
    Loop - Actions
        Unit - Cause (Triggering Unit) to damage (Picked Unit) dealing 100 damage of the attack type Siege and Damage type Normal

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Code:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 300 range of (Triggering Unit) matching ((((Matching Unit) is an enemy of (Triggering Unit) Equal to True) and ([B][COLOR="Red"]((Matching Unit) is A structure) Equal to True)[/COLOR][/B])
Why the structure condition Xenim? (Red Text)

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
Idk if this will work i dont have WE right now(patch 1.22) anyway try making a region the amount of range you want it to be. and then make a trigger that keeps that region in front of the seige engine. and then make another trigger to make A
every 5 seconds of game time
pick every unit in region and do action
loop actions
do damageto picked unit -(amount you want)

Sorry kinda sloppy If I had WE right now I would make the trigger for you and post it.

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
If you do that trigger anyways, it would basically just cast a fan of knives around you every time you move. So you could do that if you're having trouble. But...

I don't have world editor up, but I think you should do something like this...
Two triggers.

Trample Prime
E: Unit issues move order
C:
A:
Clear all units from Trample Group

Trample Active
E: Periodic event, .10 seconds, maybe?
C:
A:
Pick units within 250 of (units of type Horseman)
-If Picked Unit is in Trample Group equal to false, do Then, else do Else.
--Then:
---Unit - damage Picked Unit "X damage"
---Unit Group - Add Picked Unit unit to Trample Group
---Else

That should work, I think. If you're ordered to move rapidly however, it will do lots of damage, so you might want to put a cooldown time on the trigger. Also, there's leaks, eh. You can fix them if you plan to use this.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.