Trigger-based item

Bomook

Reaction score
I made an item which "summons" a transport to the user.

By summoning, the transport isn't created by the conventional item ability, but is trigger-based. I under "Abilities - Abilities", I left it empty.

I made a trigger controlling the item's use.
Events
  • Unit - A unit Uses an item
Conditions
  • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Pihyara Flute
Actions
  • Unit - Change ownership of Booskaboo 0047 <gen> to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) and Retain color
  • Unit - Move Booskaboo 0047 <gen> instantly to (Position of (Triggering unit)), facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
the "Pihyara Flute" is the item I'm using, and "Booskaboo 0047 <gen>" is the unit being summoned.

When I test this, however, left-clicking to activate the item doesn't do anything.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
hey bomook, long time no see.

are you sure the trigger isn't being activated? insert a "game - display text" action in there and see if it shows. Perhaps the only problem there might be that the event doesn't know what triggering unit is, but I would have to check that out a bit more.

other than that, i see no major issues with the trigger.......

i'll try and replicate it myself.

Bomook

Reaction score
ah, hi Darg:)
I had a lot of homework and such with school, so I stopped working on my map and also stopped checking this forum. My long awaited winter vacation is finally coming up, so I finally have time again :D

I tried the display text message, and nothing showed. I also disabled the condition, so the problem should be in the event, although I can't figure anything wrong with it.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
hmm ok the problem stems from the fact that, if the item has no ability, then no matter what you do the event will not fire. The solution is to give the item an ability that does nothing. To save time for you, just take a squiz at the map I made which should have everything you need.

Attachments

• using an item.w3x
    19.7 KB · Views: 218

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
yeah i'm only just looking at my maps today for the first time in over 2 months. Surprisingly they look a little better than I expected. If you're willing, one of my maps will be going beta sometime soon, so I will be after some beta testers.

THIS IS A CHEAP POST TO ATTRACT ATTENTION OF ALL MAPPERS IN THIS FORUM.

:)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.