Unit Abilities

BSJikan

Reaction score
Man these are really my downfall.
I've been able to cruise through everything else on this map but Abilities.
I want to make custom ones, but there isn't a way to edit what the ability does.
I have no clue how to code them, and it looks like a bit of a complicated process. If this is the only way that I can accomplish making a truely custom ability without having to use a mold, then I'll learn it.

Hmm. Meant to make the title Custom Abilities. I must need more sleep.

NightMagi

Reaction score
use the ability editor :)

83023514vj9.png

BSJikan

Reaction score
Yeah. That wasn't helpful.
I see what you're getting at, but the fact that I said "truely custom ability without having to use a mold" should be some kind of hint that I understand where the Abilities Tab is.

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
You will need The Frozen Throne (TFT) expantion pack to edit abilitys.

Sorry didn't read right.. Then you might want to use JASS. Custom script program. Excelent for custom spells.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Then you might want to use JASS. Custom script program. Excelent for custom spells.

If you are fairly inexperienced with GUI, learning JASS now may be a good option (since you will be able to avoid any bad GUI-related habits in future).

GUI is fine for making truly custom spells, but it's limited in comparison to JASS since there are certain functions that are available in JASS, but not GUI (and much less efficient than JASS)

And JASS isn't a program, it's a programming language (maybe you are thinking of NewGen WE, which would be suited towards JASS users, or JASScraft?)

BSJikan

Reaction score
Okay that seems to be the favorite around. Guess I'm have to learn that too. Shouldn't be too hard to take on with my learning of C++, BASIC and LUA...

Any pointers to any tutorials for a quick boost in? I'm not trying to get too complex, I just want to set what the abilitie does like say I want to give them JUST and attack speed bonus instead of attack and movement speed bonus (Endurance Aura).

BSJikan

Reaction score
Thanks, and I don't wnat to set the Movement Speeds to 0, becuase that's just ugly to me. I hate doing stuff like that, aving something in there and not using it all.
But like I said, thanks.

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
Thanks, and I don't wnat to set the Movement Speeds to 0, becuase that's just ugly to me. I hate doing stuff like that, aving something in there and not using it all.
But like I said, thanks.

While I understand how you mean, when you're doing custom spells you're gonna do that a helluvalot, it doesn't matter if you trigger then. Especially if you trigger them. XD

For example, if you want to trigger an endurance aura without movement speed, you're gonna have to take an aura and put ALL effects at 7, or a passive and do the same but it will then take a lot of more work. Anyway, you're gonna be using dummy abilities.

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
It's hard to answer your question if you simply say 'I need to know how to make a custom spell.'

Every custom spell is different :p. Think of something, try your best to do it yourself and ask questions when you need help ;d.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.