Warcraft 4: The Awakening - |Map of the Week #10|

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainrads

Reaction score
Damn right, and to kingbdogz, if you have completed ideas, you should definitely post them so we can see what we can expect.

EDIT: I can't help but continuously post my ideas:
Bonus Campaign: Since humanity had gone ten years without an impending threat, they were able to focus on developing new technologies(possible new human units that I've already thought of). However, the machines became self-aware and began a war to wipe out all non-mechanical beings. Their mission: TERMINATE.

Everybody loves Terminator...

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Uh, sorry but I'm too lazy to read previous planned-stories. :p

Who are the machines? Or did you make them up in that last post? There have been too many "termination by rare race" already in Warcraft. The dragons, the Burning Crusade, and some other stuff that I can't remember.

You needa' something new! :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

captainrads

Reaction score
I just mentioned them in the last post. I've already thought of possible mechanical units which could have been brought about by industrialization. Humans use machines to solve problems in the real world, so why not in Warcraft?

bradleo

Reaction score
You could make goblins a race, like bring them out of neutrality. Warcraft already has zepplins, shredders, and a goblin hero... why dont you adjust the zepplins to not have carry and can attack and shredders be a melee unit. And also take some goblins too attack. Goblins are already a race in warcraft, they are just not playable.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Ok I have proof that illidan is not dead... this is from the official warcraft history timeline

Where did you get that from, if internet what page?
If the books, wich book?

@kingbdogz: Nice models for the new units.
I just got one question, will this be a complete mod for the entire game? Or will it be just a singleplayer? Or there will not be that many imports as it seems that it will become at the moment?

bradleo

Reaction score
You can download whole custom campaigns, that is why there is a custom campaign section. I am guessing that is what this will be, just because mods can mess up normal warcraft... One is located at the Blizzard site I believe, it is a dwarf campaign.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
You can download whole custom campaigns, that is why there is a custom campaign section. I am guessing that is what this will be, just because mods can mess up normal warcraft...

I know those facts. Yet I have only seen one real mod for warcraft 3.
I just asked beacuse that It seems to me that there will be a somewhat high amount of imports, that is why I am asking.

One is located at the Blizzard site I believe, it is a dwarf campaign.

Where then? What is the name of the campaign? Is it "Blizz-made"?
Gimme gimme:D:D

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
This is not going to be not a mod, not a campaign, but sort of a "Project". In other words, im making Campaigns, melee maps, and possibly a "Blank" map that is just like a normal blank map but with all the new units. Although, if it becomes a success, i shall be planning a mod for it where it is fully functional and that way i can REALLY do whatever i plan on it since the world editor is not as flexible as making a mod. Or, if people are willing to help, a mod could be possible now. But I just don't have that kind of knowledge of modding which is what stops me from trying such a thing. BTW, im going to update all the units for all races in about 3 hours, look out ;).

kingbdogz

Reaction score
I haven't updated much, but the Crypt Warren is up, i shall get more up soon.

captainrads

Reaction score
Ahh...I dig the model, but the blue spider might contrast with the red spires a bit too much.

Also, it doesn't have a gold cost?

P.S. Tier requirement?

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Ya no gold cost, but instead it has high wood cost. Tier... im not sure yet, im still playing around with it's tier. Atm you can get it after Halls of The Dead. The blue may distract a little, i may change it a bit.

Also the Undead Archer and Skeleton Warrior's pictures are up.

captainrads

Reaction score
The only problem is that by making a tier requirement for a hero summoner, it makes those heroes restricted until later, which could discourage use of them. But maybe you want that, I don't know. Actually, if you did that, they could have a reason to be slightly more powerful heroes.

New models look good, I dig it...I have no criticism, only that there are existing models of skeleton archers and warriors, but its not important.

Makes me wonder though, are you gonna redo the models of everything?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
You guys sure post a lot...

...why not talk on chat or something... you guys get a good 20 posts a day from one thread. :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

captainrads

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm really bored since I'm trying to study for the SAT. I usually don't study for anything, so I can't keep concentration. That's where the internet comes in, though I am still studying.

I don't think I have the rep I need to use the chat thing, and king is updating the main page, so he prolly couldn't chat anyway.

bradleo

Reaction score
Gah yeah, the link is broken, I'll go check and then edit this and the link if i find it if it still exists on anywhere but my comp.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Update:
The Lich King is now up, for people who do not know, he replaces the Dreadlord. Picture is available too. :thup:

Oh also for the models, most of these are place holders, until i find a person who is willing to make models for my project i can't really do much about it. But yeah it's always gameplay > graphics. Campaign will have new models for nearly every unit, but online maps and lan maps will have some new models but not unless they're needed. Skirmish maps (non online ones) will have new models for nearly every unit aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.