Warcraft 4: The Awakening - |Map of the Week #10|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Alright, well put. I think that's what we all want here. This is a damn slow process between all of us posting repeatedly though. The Helper should have like a live chat system or something, that'd make things move along a lot faster.

The helper has that. If I recall correctly, then to use it one need over a certain amount of rep, something between 25-75. I don't remember the exact amount either:p

bradleo

Reaction score
Ok now I'm going to join this chat, I read the whole thing today and will probably look back for more things.

Going way back:
  • Archer double attack seems really strong, dull down second hit maybe?
  • We need more units besides undead, undead are easy to think of cause anything that was previously alive could be undead. I say we need to add orc units, like take some of Rexxar's stuff and do a take on beasts and training. Will try to add to others too.
  • For lore discussion: lore is law, but lore can be messed with. If Illidain dies, just do a sacrifice of naga or bring him to humans so pallies can resserect, etc. Powerful characters don't have to stay dead forever. It may be more complicated but ya know, Illidain is one of the top five most powerful characters in lore, and you all know pallies have ressurection ability!:p
  • LOLS just thought of this in last post. Make a priest that can change undead to same tier human unit. (ghouls->footies) Really long cooldown and defence spells/aura to back them up (or sacrifice themselves, etc.)
  • Make a new race, or take some creeps and make a race. Gnolls would be easy, could side with orcs or make bonus campaign (awesome). Dragonlings, bandits, golems, heck, you could make one up yourself!:thup:
  • Running out of good ideas, wait, how about to go along with weather, do farming optional, which gets less gold and only a certain amount of maximum income, and rises and falls with seasons.
  • Make one scene where all four come together for a free for all battle, out of confusion, madness, chaos, anger, possesion, what have you. It would just be great to have them all fight and then side up against the person ultimatly winning (e.g. Undead) in one battle.

All I got now, lore thing is just my opinion, but I'm not lore fanatic so thats how I look at lore. Everything is just opinion, feel free not to use it, just ideas. I am not suggesting using all or nothing, just pick and choose the best ideas. May post more later.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
A lot of that is well put, lore is law, but the fact that you can mess with it is true, as long as you justify your reasons. Also illidan isnt one of the most 5 powerful beings by far (stronger than him: arthas, alexstrasza, old gods and there are 4 or 5 of them i cant remember, the pantheon which im not sure how big it is it is the ruling class of the titans, kiljaeden, all the dragon aspects, sargeras, and im sure there are more). also about the new race thing, making one up would be absurd, unless you have very good reasons (the naga were made up in WC3, and had good justification), and the new race should have major reason to be a new race. The Forsaken are a possibility; and also let me say that there doesnt have to be blood elves back on azeroth if you were thinking that. warcraft III depicts them as all leaving with kaelthas (there would be for sure a still left behind of course) so thats up to you what happened.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
A lot of that is well put, lore is law, but the fact that you can mess with it is true, as long as you justify your reasons. Also illidan isnt one of the most 5 powerful beings by far (stronger than him: arthas, alexstrasza, old gods and there are 4 or 5 of them i cant remember, the pantheon which im not sure how big it is it is the ruling class of the titans, kiljaeden, all the dragon aspects, sargeras, and im sure there are more). also about the new race thing, making one up would be absurd, unless you have very good reasons (the naga were made up in WC3, and had good justification), and the new race should have major reason to be a new race. The Forsaken are a possibility; and also let me say that there doesnt have to be blood elves back on azeroth if you were thinking that. warcraft III depicts them as all leaving with kaelthas (there would be for sure a still left behind of course) so thats up to you what happened.

Amen to that:D
I must disagree on one thing tho.
Alexstrasza and the dragon aspects, you could leave that to just the dragon aspects since she is one of them

Nozdormu the Timeless One
Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
Ysera the Dreamer
Malygos the Spell-Weaver
Neltharion the Earth-Warder(now known as Deathwing, he made an appearance in warcraft2)

Those alone are enought to put illidian out of that list.

Even tho there is a slight thing you forgot.
Skull of Gul'dan, the item that Illidan got his imba powers from, it is a quite powerfull item, I for one even believe that it can match the powers of frostmourne and even top them. But not the full powers of the lich king.

I would say, that with the titans out of the picture and still counting the dragon aspects and demigods, he would atleast be among the top twenty;)

Edit: Not to mention that the skull of Gul'dan was used in warcraft 2 by Kadghar to close the dark portal, wich makes it pretty powerfull to me:D

wc3shady

Reaction score
I realize that the Skull of Gul'dan is immensly powerful, but Frostmourne is still stronger. In case you forgot, Arthas defeated Illidan with Frostmourne, before he was part of the Lich King.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I realize that the Skull of Gul'dan is immensly powerful, but Frostmourne is still stronger. In case you forgot, Arthas defeated Illidan with Frostmourne, before he was part of the Lich King.

Luck and power is not the same thing:p
Frostmourne is a weapon, skull of Gul'dan is not.
Their power's can't be compared like that.
And Frostmourne was just a beacon or reciever for Nerzuls powers when he was trapped in the frozen throne, don't forget that. Without nerzul, the blade would be just a cool but ordinary sword:p

wc3shady

Reaction score
Luck? Nah. Frostmourne was there before Ner'zhul was the Lich King. Frostmourne is one of the - or is the - most powerful runeblade, and has the power to consume souls. Kil'jaeden gave it to Ner'zhul when he made him the Lich King, but the Lich King devised his plan to get Arthas to get Frostmourne, and he cursed the blade so he could whisper and corrupt it's bearer.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
wow so much discussed in one day. First a few things:

1. For the person who asked for a demo, ive nearly finished a very early alpha which only adds new units and replaces a few, no new upgrades, near to no new replaced units. If you would like me to release it, i could, but it seems better to wait until beta when all the units are finished.

2. On a new race, the campaign will have 3 new races, The Forsaken, and two others i shall not mention (because of spoilers of course). The Forsaken will have a completely new building method, this way they are not too much like the Undead, the units will be completely different, Nerubians aren't with the Forsaken anymore since the Lich King used nearly there whole army (with the new Crypt Queen, Nerubian Guard, and special upgrades for all Nerubian units). They will have a small campaign and no it is not a bonus campaign. It is right after the Humans campaign. This small campaign will have about 6 missions, with the Forsaken as a whole new race to play. If your asking, no the other 2 races are not playable in the campaign.

3. Archer double attack upgrade is high tier, and is likely to not see the light of battle, but if you ever get that long in game it can be very useful.

4. @Bradleo: I have already done nearly all new orc, nightelf, and human units. I just haven't had much time to put it up on the front. Also the priest idea is very nice, im adding it! :thup:

Here are some lore and gameplay updates:

1. The Archsorcerer is getting completely revamped, she will now be the master of time and space.

2. And lastly on the intro cinematic (this is kinda a spoiler) to the Night Elf campaign, the last phrases are:

"They... Come from the stars... "
*Light flashes in the sky and it is raining bright, light engulfed water"
"They're coming to get back what is theirs..."
"They are Awakening..."

:) Discuss

Off Topic: i just realized this thread has the most posts on the first page, i guess all the lore discussion is the reason xD

wc3shady

Reaction score
Cool stuff I admit I'm excited. I wish my thread got this much activity. I like all your ideas except the Archsorcerer... call it a Chronomagi! Also, let me say, that in Warcraft III:ROC/TFT each hero in the races was used in the campaign. Who is this Archsorcerer/Chronomagi (if you use my name)?

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Im not sure yet, atm im just using the Jaina model until i get a new one but until i get into the human campaign i cannot say much about her. The Night Elf campaign is going to be by far, the most epic campaign ever made. It will tell you the truth about warcraft, the wars with the humans, the orcs, the undead, and the Night Elves were nothing, like the last words on the intro said, "They are Awakening...".

EDIT: Chronomagi is nice, but i need something different that states it's a girl hero, but Chrono definitely needs to be in it.
EDIT2: Oh also, im not working on One War for a while, so One Wars project is on pause atm. This means production will be alot more smoother and an earlier beta is possible.

wc3shady

Reaction score
For the Chronomagi thing, I need to know more about the char for a better name. If you want to you can pm me about it.

So are the guys that are awakening new guys you created? Are they from azeroth? Or are they from the twisting nether?

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
1. For the person who asked for a demo, ive nearly finished a very early alpha which only adds new units and replaces a few, no new upgrades, near to no new replaced units. If you would like me to release it, i could, but it seems better to wait until beta when all the units are finished.

Is that all I am to you? Just a person? After all we been thru?:(
Not really anything, but still:p I got a nick:eek:

Do you think it will take long? I can wait, but you have been teasing for quite a while now:p

Don't you have any screens? some pictures of the units or something?

I see why it take a lot of time tho, it seems to be a very well organized and "thought thru" project:D

And just for the sake: "You can't rush perfection";)

Edit: @wc3shady: You sure has done your homework, I quess I must surrender, I made some points tho:p hehe..

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Is that all I am to you? Just a person? After all we been thru?:(
Not really anything, but still:p I got a nick:eek:

Do you think it will take long? I can wait, but you have been teasing for quite a while now:p

Don't you have any screens? some pictures of the units or something?

I see why it take a lot of time tho, it seems to be a very well organized and "thought thru" project:D

And just for the sake: "You can't rush perfection";)

Edit: @wc3shady: You sure has done your homework, I quess I must surrender, I made some points tho:p hehe..

Sorry lol it's just so much posts i had to skip through so i didn't see you posted it. xD plus i forgot names easily trust me if you knew me in rl life you'd find me always forgetting what day it is. :D

So are the guys that are awakening new guys you created? Are they from azeroth? Or are they from the twisting nether?

Quote from the intro:

"They... Come from the stars..."

Self explanatory? :thup:

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Ah, your bringing the queen of blades into warcraft:p

LOLz, that would be interesting :rolleyes:

Ontopic though, these guys are from a planet nearby Azeroth, it has only just appeared. Sort of like the outland but this new planet has only just been created, or awoken. :)

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score

As samael said. You can skip alexstrasza since you mentioned the aspects too. I don't really remember the campaign lore. Who's mightier? Archimonde or kil'jaeden? Because i'm quite sure Illidan could beat Archimonde with the skull of gul'dan.

@Kingbdogz: Call it Scourgewagon! The new unit for the undeads.

Also, a good hero for the Burning Legion could be hakkar. Now don't flame me saying he's a troll demigod. Because he was orginally not. There's 2 hakkars. The one I'm talking about, Hakkar the houndmaster: http://www.wowwiki.com/Hakkar_the_Houndmaster and the wow hakkar, hakkar the soulflayer: http://www.wowwiki.com/Hakkar_the_Soulflayer

wc3shady

Reaction score
Yeah I know it was a mistake (alexstrasza thing).

Also Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde were equal, I always figured, seeing as how they are both equal ranks in the Burning Legion, and were both equals when Sargeras recruited them. Also Illidan couldn't beat Archimonde since they were equals, because Illidan feared Kil'Jaeden.

Call it Blightwagon or Plaguewagon.

I know about the two hakkars, but hakkar the houndmaster died in the war of the ancients.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I know it was a mistake (alexstrasza thing).

Also Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde were equal, I always figured, seeing as how they are both equal ranks in the Burning Legion, and were both equals when Sargeras recruited them. Also Illidan couldn't beat Archimonde since they were equals, because Illidan feared Kil'Jaeden.

Call it Blightwagon or Plaguewagon.

I know about the two hakkars, but hakkar the houndmaster died in the war of the ancients.

Ah, thanks for reminding me about hakkar. I read the trilogy once. I'm rereading it right now. Haven't come there yet. Or wait, I might have. Anyways skip him.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
@Kingbdogz: Call it Scourgewagon! The new unit for the undeads.

Call what the Scourgewagon?

Also am i wrong when i say, isn't the Burning Legion gone? i thought they were destroyed or something. I'm probably wrong. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.