Warcraft 4: The Awakening - |Map of the Week #10|

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Sorry double post, don't -rep :(

Ive been thinking of alot of ways to improve this project. I want this to truly be a sequal of Warcraft 3 not just warcraft 3 with new units. Im going to be making completely new maps, new creeps, new mechanics and of course new units. So, first of all here are my ideas so far for Maps in general:

First of all, there will be a weather system. Weather will effect units minor but enough for you to notice. Weather depends on the map, if it's just a normal sunny map it will do it's usual raining, drought, storm, wind, and so forth. But on a cold map there will be snow storms, blizzards, hales, tornadoes and more. On some even more special maps where there are volcanoes, there will be meteor showers, ash, lava overflows. It will be a really cool system i enjoy.

Second, im not completely sure on this system but if been thinking about it, a seasoning system. A seasoning system is when over time the trees and terrain change to the next season, of course though this only happens on different maps, a volcano map wouldn't have seasons. The seasons effect buildings instead of units, this makes you think where you should place your units.

Third, some spells are effected by weather and season, like in summer while a drought is undergoing, fire spells are more powerful and inflict more damage.

Tell me what you think about these, or what could be improved. Tell me what should not be in and what shouldn't, and also don't forget to suggest ideas, id like this to be a sequal not a "ooo new units" map.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
First of all, there will be a weather system. Weather will effect units minor but enough for you to notice. Weather depends on the map, if it's just a normal sunny map it will do it's usual raining, drought, storm, wind, and so forth. But on a cold map there will be snow storms, blizzards, hales, tornadoes and more. On some even more special maps where there are volcanoes, there will be meteor showers, ash, lava overflows. It will be a really cool system i enjoy.

Second, im not completely sure on this system but if been thinking about it, a seasoning system. A seasoning system is when over time the trees and terrain change to the next season, of course though this only happens on different maps, a volcano map wouldn't have seasons. The seasons effect buildings instead of units, this makes you think where you should place your units.

Pff, what to say -.-
Seriously, i'm not pissed off. You use them if you'd like to.

Edit: Work some on One war too. We never got to see the version 0.04 :(

captainrads

Reaction score
Alright, I dig the campaign ideas and such, but the undead hero seems way too much like the Crypt Lord with its abilities:

Carrion Beetle Egg: (lvl1:50 Mana, lvl2:75 Mana, lvl3:105 Mana) The Carrion Beetle Egg ability spawns a small, medium or large egg according to level which hatches a carrion beetle forever.
Carrion Beetles does the same job, and if the Queen is a supportive base defensive hero, it will have ready corpses at the graveyard. I'd suggest either switching to Carrion Beetles or having a different ability, like make the eggs spill acidic bile or something.

Parasite: (lvl1:50 Mana) The Parasite ability is a targeted ability. When the targeted unit dies a void walker spawns from it's corpse.
I like it, but why a voidwalker? That's a demonic thing, and even though the Dreadlords have Inferno, also demonic, dreadlords were originally part of the Legion anyway so it makes sense. The Queen should spawn something more pertaining to the undead, like a carrion beetle or some sort of undead flesh creature.

Dead Frenzy: (lvl1:75 Mana, lvl2:100 Mana, lvl3:145 Mana) The Dead Frenzy ability is like the Bloodlust ability but it can only be cast upon undead units.
The undead already have unholy frenzy, so this is probably unnecessary. How about instead using something that will either raise attack damage or increase armor? Call it something like: Unholy Forces, or something of the like.
Doom: (lvl1:150 Mana) The Doom ability is a targeted ability, the targeted unit cannot cast spells and will take 40 damage per second until it dies. Upon its death, a great Demon will spawn from its corpse.

Locust Swarm: (lvl1:150 Mana) The Locust Swarm Ability Creates a swarm of angry locusts that bite and tear at nearby enemy units. As they chew the enemy flesh, they convert it into a substance that restores hit points to the Crypt Queen when they return.
Two ultimates? Plus, they're already used by existing heroes. If you really want unique heroes, try and make unique abilities too.

I did see that ability idea you posted with the auto-spawn on blight insect ward or whatever, and I really like that, definitely work that into the Queen somewhere.

Oh yeah, and that weather affecting units is a damn good idea. How about when its cold, cold attacks freeze the enemy instead of just slowing them? Hell, they could even shatter if killed while frozen. That'd be awesome.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Pff, what to say -.-
Seriously, i'm not pissed off. You use them if you'd like to.

Edit: Work some on One war too. We never got to see the version 0.04 :(

sorry, are you angry because i used your season system idea? Sorry for stealing the idea i suppose, i just think it's so cool. If you really don't like me stealing it ill remove it, i was going to put credit on this for your idea btw. :( Don't worry, im still working on one war, but just not as fast as i did last time. Once ive done a fair amount i will start doing one war again at full speed.

Alright, I dig the campaign ideas and such, but the undead hero seems way too much like the Crypt Lord with its abilities:

Carrion Beetles does the same job, and if the Queen is a supportive base defensive hero, it will have ready corpses at the graveyard. I'd suggest either switching to Carrion Beetles or having a different ability, like make the eggs spill acidic bile or something.

I like it, but why a voidwalker? That's a demonic thing, and even though the Dreadlords have Inferno, also demonic, dreadlords were originally part of the Legion anyway so it makes sense. The Queen should spawn something more pertaining to the undead, like a carrion beetle or some sort of undead flesh creature.

The undead already have unholy frenzy, so this is probably unnecessary. How about instead using something that will either raise attack damage or increase armor? Call it something like: Unholy Forces, or something of the like.

Two ultimates? Plus, they're already used by existing heroes. If you really want unique heroes, try and make unique abilities too.

I did see that ability idea you posted with the auto-spawn on blight insect ward or whatever, and I really like that, definitely work that into the Queen somewhere.

Oh yeah, and that weather affecting units is a damn good idea. How about when its cold, cold attacks freeze the enemy instead of just slowing them? Hell, they could even shatter if killed while frozen. That'd be awesome.

Alot of the ability's are place holders, most of those were already in war3, the parasite ability will actuelly spawn locusts and weak small spiders to more suit the Crypt Queens backstory. The difference between the Carrion beetle eggs and normal carrion beetles, is that you can lay them anywhere and there is no limit to how many you got, although i agree there should be something a little different, how about on level three it spawns a level 3 carrion beetle and a level 1 carrion beetle, and at the same time explodes in healing acid that only effects undead units.

The ability's im currently creating is Insect Mound and I'm redoing Dead Frenzy because at the moment it's too much like Bloodlust, but i must tell you it is very useful for defending your base. Here is the description of Insect Mound and an icon i made(it's not finished though):

BTN:
BTNInsectMound3.jpg

DISBTN:
DISBTNInsectMound3.jpg

Insect Mound:

1. This ability is casted instantly and can only be casted while the hero is on blight, there are up to 3 levels. When casted, all around the hero disease clouds poof out of the side then fade, then the hero moves aside and an insect mound (model does not matter i can change) slowly rises from the ground (like the graves from the grave yard) and the terrain level rises slightly.

2. For the first level the mound lasts 20 seconds, second level 40 seconds, and third level 70 seconds. While the mound is alive, it is like a defense, the mound "sprays" green insects at enemy units and it decreases armour by 1 for 5 seconds, does 10 base damage, and does 8 poison damage over 6 seconds (so like 4 damage each 3 seconds until 6 seconds is over)

3. The green insects bounce off of the first unit it attacks to the nearest enemy unit, then the next nearest enemy then comes back to the mound, if there are no enemy units after the insects attack or the first bounce, they retreat to the mound.

4. Also, when the insects attack the first target, it does the normal 8 poison damage over 6 seconds, but for the next bounce, it only does 6 poison damage, and 4 for the last bounce, so really it reduces poison damage by 2 each bounce. Oh also the cooldown of the mounds attack is 6 seconds.

Additional info:

Mana costs:
Level 1: 120
Level 2: 145
Level 3: 155

Hitpoints:
Level 1: 450
Level 2: 650
Level 3: 750

Armour Reduction:

Level 1: 1
Level 2: 2
Level 3: 3

Poison Damage:
Level 1: 8
Level 2: 10
Level 3: 12

Base Damage:
Level 1: 10
Level 2: 12
Level 3: 14

Overall Scaling Value(including insects):
Level 1: 1.00
Level 2: 1.20
Level 3: 1.40

Mound Tinting:

Level 1: Normal
Level 2: Darker
Level 3: Slightly Darker then Level 2 with a slight red tint.

Here is what the tool tip may look like:

Insect Mound
Rises an Insect Mound from the depths of Undead Blight. This Mound attacks with Green Insects that inflict base damage, reduce armour for 5 seconds, cause poison damage over 6 seconds and Bounces 2 times to nearby enemy units. Each time the Green Insects bounce, the poison damage reduces by 2.

Level 1: Causes 10 Base Damage, 1 Armour Reduction and 8 Poison Damage. Mound lasts 20 seconds and has 450 Hitpoints.
Level 2: Causes 12 Base Damage, 2 Armour Reduction and 10 Poison Damage. Mound lasts 40 seconds and has 650 Hitpoints.
Level 3: Causes 14 Base Damage, 3 Armour Reduction and 12 Poison Damage. Mound lasts 70 seconds and has 750 Hitpoints.

captainrads

Reaction score
you can lay them anywhere and there is no limit to how many you got.....how about on level three it spawns a level 3 carrion beetle and a level 1 carrion beetle

A carrion beetle army? That sounds pretty bitchin'. If you're going to do that, I would suggest adding supportive beetles too, like have multiple eggs layed which each spawn a different unit. Increasing levels would increase the power (and maybe number of eggs) of the beetles. However, this may become imbalanced, so you may want to add a food cost. For example:
Carrion Eggs:
The Crypt Queen lays (x) eggs which spawn (x) different units. Beetles are permanent and may be spawned indefinitely.
Level 1: Three eggs are layed and the following units are hatched:
Level 1 Carrion Beetle, Level 1 Blood Beetle, Level 1 Mud Beetle
and so on for the rest of the levels. The units themselves would work something like this:
Blood Beetle: This creature feeds off the blood of its prey, causing (x)% of attack damage to steal life. OR: ...causes all nearby undead(beetle) units to crave blood, giving a life stealing attack.
Mud Beetle: Ranged Beetle which flings mud at enemies, causing them to be slowed for a short period.

Increasing levels allows for stronger units, and at level three they might look something like this:
Level 3 Mud Beetle: Has a slow attack and can coat itself in a muddy armor which slows enemies attacking it.
Level 3 Blood Beetle: Vampiric attack and has the frenzy ability(and cannibalize?)

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Very nice idea, the blood beetle would can have no health re gen and life steal. I would have to up the mana for this of course. Also if you didn't see i made an insect mound icon, it's kinda crappy but good for now.

captainrads

Reaction score
Yeah, the ability may need some tweaking, and you might want to add a longer cooldown in there too. I never thought graphics as very important, as long as the game can function properly, its good enough.

Something did occur to me, however; in the story, where are the blood elves and naga? Did the undead just waste them all after Arthas took the throne? That would explain where the basilisk came from, and maybe some new units could be thrown in there too from other blood elf and naga units. Maybe like a fallen priest or something? I'm not sure, but I thought you said the obsidian statue was being taken out, so a fallen priest could suffice as an undead healing unit. EDIT: You could also have some sort of a parasite unit which latches onto enemies and drains their life(auto-cast ability). When the host unit dies, another parasite arises from its corpse.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Go to wowwiki and search for Darkfallen. They are elves that have fallen to the scourge and are sort of like vampiric elves.

captainrads

Reaction score
Yeah, that would fit right in, that's a pretty good idea. I don't know what they look like because my computer is too shitty to handle WoW, and I couldn't afford to play it anyways, but if they work I would definitely use them.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Well technically, since WoW never happened, the blood elves were still in the alliance which i thought made alot more sense, they should of never got to the horde. The Naga i have not thought of, they definitely have to stay in, also Illidan never got captured did he? so maybe Illidan has been in hiding for like 10 years and finally arises with his Naga slaves, i dunno i have to think about this one.

The obsidian statue at first stayed in, but to me it was kinda useless and it should of been replaced with something new. The new spell caster for Undead is the Witchdocter, which can summon blight, raise concentrated gases from blight which heal allied undead units and slow down enemy units. Im still thinking of more units and spells everyday. Oh you also may be interested in this one, the Dreadlord is getting replaced by the Lich King, ill put him up on the first page soon.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Illidan is in outland, along with Lady Vashj and a number of her naga, and Kael'thas and his blood elves are there too. it happened in the frozen throne.

Dont give undead witchdocters! it doesnt make since. Give them Blight Docters or Blightraisers. Also for the melee version dont replace Lich King with Dreadlord... I agree that the Dreadlord has to be replaced seeing as how the undead arent part of the burning legion anymore, but the Lich King is too powerful... he should be campaign only. Take some of the other undead heroes that are going to be in the campaign, weaker ones, and make them the new hero.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
sorry, are you angry because i used your season system idea? Sorry for stealing the idea i suppose, i just think it's so cool. If you really don't like me stealing it ill remove it, i was going to put credit on this for your idea btw. :( Don't worry, im still working on one war, but just not as fast as i did last time. Once ive done a fair amount i will start doing one war again at full speed.

I'm not really. I was just generally angry at IRL stuff. Give me some credits and it's okey.

Well technically, since WoW never happened, the blood elves were still in the alliance which i thought made alot more sense, they should of never got to the horde. The Naga i have not thought of, they definitely have to stay in, also Illidan never got captured did he? so maybe Illidan has been in hiding for like 10 years and finally arises with his Naga slaves, i dunno i have to think about this one.

The obsidian statue at first stayed in, but to me it was kinda useless and it should of been replaced with something new. The new spell caster for Undead is the Witchdocter, which can summon blight, raise concentrated gases from blight which heal allied undead units and slow down enemy units. Im still thinking of more units and spells everyday. Oh you also may be interested in this one, the Dreadlord is getting replaced by the Lich King, ill put him up on the first page soon.

I think the name you want is scourgewagons. They was used by the forsaken and can be seen in this movie for example(They come in the end) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrMa_sU1Nnk Around 2:40

captainrads

Reaction score
Illidan was killed at the end of TFT, so he can't be in there.

By the way, obsidian statues are pretty useful, being main healers and being able to morph into destroyers, which are undead anti-casters.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Learn Lore.

Illidan was NOT killed. Not in TFT, not by Arthas, never! He was wounded, but escaped.

Kingbdogs, you should brighten up the icons for Insect Mound. Right now it's a bit dark and the sun makes it look like glare, which is even worse. :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

captainrads

Reaction score
Illidan survived? That's a bit confusing since he was laying motionless, covered in blood after that movie scene where he and Arthas fought and Arthas slashed him in the gut. I must have missed the part where he got up and ran away.

If you're talking about WoW lore, don't include that; its not a part of Warcraft lore and therefore shouldn't be included in a Warcraft sequel.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Illidan is in outland, along with Lady Vashj and a number of her naga, and Kael'thas and his blood elves are there too. it happened in the frozen throne.

Dont give undead witchdocters! it doesnt make since. Give them Blight Docters or Blightraisers. Also for the melee version dont replace Lich King with Dreadlord... I agree that the Dreadlord has to be replaced seeing as how the undead arent part of the burning legion anymore, but the Lich King is too powerful... he should be campaign only. Take some of the other undead heroes that are going to be in the campaign, weaker ones, and make them the new hero.

Ok, maybe Blightraisers. The Lich King will be balanced in melee version, in the Campaign of course he will be powerful.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Illidan survived? That's a bit confusing since he was laying motionless, covered in blood after that movie scene where he and Arthas fought and Arthas slashed him in the gut. I must have missed the part where he got up and ran away.

If you're talking about WoW lore, don't include that; its not a part of Warcraft lore and therefore shouldn't be included in a Warcraft sequel.

Actually according to lore (im not sure if this is WoW lore or warcraft 3 lore) the Naga carried him back to the altar and resurrected him, like any other hero you cannot die lol.

EDIT: oops soz double post, i meant to copy this and put it in my above post.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Learn Lore.

Illidan was NOT killed. Not in TFT, not by Arthas, never! He was wounded, but escaped.

Are you not talking about the wow lore there?

He was quite dead when I watched the in game movie, but he was also extremely powerfull.

But there is one thing that bugs me then, does not Frostmourne kind of soultrap the ones slayed by it?:confused:

captainrads

Reaction score
Ok, so if you're replacing the dreadlord with the lich king, where does the dreadlord go? In the tavern, or you could put him as a part of the forsaken if you wanted to go on that road. It would be sorta like a new breed of undead, with undead human units(since Varimathras killed Garithos, its natural to assume that they just wiped out the rest of the humans under Garithos' command) and different undead units(undead units taken out of the regular scourge? Or use campaign units, your call).

EDIT: I don't know any other lore outside of the game itself, I don't spend the time to read the extras because reading sucks.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Ok, so if you're replacing the dreadlord with the lich king, where does the dreadlord go? In the tavern, or you could put him as a part of the forsaken if you wanted to go on that road. It would be sorta like a new breed of undead, with undead human units(since Varimathras killed Garithos, its natural to assume that they just wiped out the rest of the humans under Garithos' command).

He will be in hero taverns and of course in the campaign. :thup:

EDIT: I don't know any other lore outside of the game itself, I don't spend the time to read the extras because reading sucks.

That's what i thought until i took up reading, at first i was like "... BORING!" but then i read for about a month and i loved it, once you've read it you've experienced it ;) Sorry for being off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.