Warcraft 4: The Awakening - |Map of the Week #10|

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainrads

Reaction score
So no forsaken race then? That's a bummer, but I gotta ask where they're gonna fit into the campaigns?

EDIT: Yeah, reading's not so bad, I was just being goofy.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Well i haven't thought of it.. BUT perhaps i could fit it in the Orc campaign, like the Forsaken joins the orcs to try fight the Undead, this way Thrall has a chance to fight and win. Good Idea! :thup: lol

captainrads

Reaction score
Glad I thought of it?

Will the forsaken be the same undead though? Or will they find alternate units to add, since there's no nerubians anywhere but Northrend, and I'm not totally sure where the Basilisks are coming from, but they seem like frozen water amphibious creatures(from Northrend). EDIT: Are the Basilisks supposed to be those snake things in the water on the title screen? That would explain what those damn things are.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
If you know the lore... Most of the fel orcs are actually just clones of each other, and are very corrupted, they can't go back, they have a far more addicition to demonic magic then the blood elves. fading over time wonm't work for them, you have to pretty much just kill them, its like saying over time the burning legion will turn to the good guys. Not gonna happen. The fel orcs arn't like the orcs in warcraft 1-2, these ones are far worse, far more corrupted, this kind of orc won't go back to normal after a while, withdrawl will likely kill them. They are the pure evil race of orcs. Fel orcs are merely just pawns to other demons, they don't have the same things the wc2 orcs had, all the orcs had to do in wc2 was go through a long withdrawl and have a good leader. Won't work for fel orcs... Your gonna have to rework that. Maybe if the horde had a new leader, a evil leader, powerful one, that delt in demonic magic, then he could just control them. Otherwise, fel orcs arn't a race you jus tally with, there merely just puppets.

Grom recovered, granted, he had Thrall and Jaina's help.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Glad I thought of it?

Lol, you didn't think of the idea but you made me think of it xD:thup:

Will the forsaken be the same undead though? Or will they find alternate units to add, since there's no nerubians anywhere but Northrend, and I'm not totally sure where the Basilisks are coming from, but they seem like frozen water amphibious creatures(from Northrend). EDIT: Are the Basilisks supposed to be those snake things in the water on the title screen? That would explain what those damn things are.

No they will have completely different units, ill even make a new building method. The Basilisks are from Northrend, they were amphibious snow snakes until the Lich King found a corpse of it and raised it, then he started to create more and more into his army. BTW what title screen are you talking about, could you show me a link?

captainrads

Reaction score
Grom had only been corrupted for a little while, so it probably wasn't that hard to bring him back.
Regardless, that's a bit off topic right now.

EDIT: Just the main menu screen of TFT when you open the program. You see the frozen throne shining in the background with serpents just barely coming out of the water.

Snow snakes though? It might make more sense if they were undead naga, since Arthas remarks in like the fourth or fifth mission, "Snake men? I've never seen their kind in Northrend before." when he sees the Naga for the first time.

Any ideas for the new forsaken units? If you're gonna try and make it totally different, you may want to focus on the main reason for the forsaken: they were originally banshees freed from the lich king's control. It might make sense to use the Lost Soul and Soul Reaper I suggested earlier to keep the banshee/ghost/whatever thing going.

EDIT2: I hads another idea! How about some werewolves with the forsaken? Werewolves are cursed humans, and "The Forsaken" pretty much means the cursed, or the abandoned. So...if you use the undead human units idea I suggested...you could have some sort of undead human worker...and the call to arms would turn them into werewolves! I've got so many god damn ideas...if you need any more unit ideas for the other races, lemme know, I've already thought of a few.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Grom had only been corrupted for a little while, so it probably wasn't that hard to bring him back.

EDIT: Just the main menu screen of TFT when you open the program. You see the frozen throne shining in the background with serpents just barely coming out of the water.

Oh those! wow nice find i could use that for lore, something like "The Basilisks were the Protectors of the Frozen Throne during the Undead Slumber, when the Lich King awoke from his Ancient Slumber, he awoke with him a new enemy amongst the Alliance, the Undead Basilisk, Protectors of the Throne."

captainrads

Reaction score
There you go, that works pretty damn well. Actually, you can use that base for a bunch of other units you can bring in. "(Insert unit) had been in a dormant state, ready to awake should the lich king be freed from his frozen prison."(Not limited to undead)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Argh, it's not WoW lore. Illidan is not dead. Even with the encounter of Arthas at the end of the in-game cinematic, he is not dead.
1) Did it show his death? It showed him being terribly wounded, but he did not die.

He es-ca-ped. He wouldn't be like in WoW which completely ruins the story of Warcraft, but he is still alive out there.

captainrads

Reaction score
The end-game cinematic showed him not moving, nor did it show any indication of his escape. We can deduce that he died since he was covered in blood. Again, I haven't read the books, I just go by the game's storyline, so if he did somehow survive, the game didn't show it.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score

Off topic: Bring back grom? Atleast people can't say that he is alive, he clearly died in thralls arms:nuts: Unless you are talking about bringing him back from the dead, that would be easier to understand.

so if he did somehow survive, the game didn't show it.

That could also be a way to bringing him back in later games, like they did to kerrigan in stacraft. They never showed anyone if she was dead or not.
This way they can say that he died, or they can say that a pownser wisp/mage-thingy came and brought him back at a cost or something.

@Kingbdogz: When will we see a demo or something? I am starting to think that this teasing has been going on long enought:p

captainrads

Reaction score
I was saying bring back Grom from the demonic corruption(in the last level of the orcish campaign on RoC).

That is true about Illidan though, but if he did come back, there would have to be a reasonable explanation as to why he's not dead after being cut open by a big ass sword.(I know, Frostmourne's not that big, I just like to jack up the story)

As to the demo question, I think Kingbdogz said that this was just in the planning stage and that he was working on another map right now. One War, I believe. I have no idea what that's about by the way. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I was saying bring back Grom from the demonic corruption(in the last level of the orcish campaign on RoC).

Yeah, well, but he died later in the same game:p He sacrificed himself to kill manaroth

That is true about Illidan though, but if he did come back, there would have to be a reasonable explanation as to why he's not dead after being cut open by a big ass sword.(I know, Frostmourne's not that big, I just like to jack up the story)

But is there none here who knows if frostmourne got some kind of soulsteal?
I recall it to have that, or I'm just to tired to get the story right. I will play thru the campaign soon just to refresh my memory, it was a couple of years since I last played thru it all, three I think to be exact:p

captainrads

Reaction score
The grom thing's not important, it was just referring to the fact that fel orcs can't be brought back from demonic corruption, and the example of grom being freed from it came up...but then again, he went a bit demonic to kill Mannoroth, so I don't know.

I'm not sure about Frostmourne, I think its power is that it corrupts those who wield it, for example, Arthas. I think it was something like, "Those who wield this blade will have power eternal, at the cost of their soul," meaning the sword corrupts its wielder, but I'm not sure of the exact words, they're in the last mission of the human campaign when Arthas finds Frostmourne.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
The grom thing's not important, it was just referring to the fact that fel orcs can't be brought back from demonic corruption, and the example of grom being freed from it came up...but then again, he went a bit demonic to kill Mannoroth, so I don't know.

But was not the rest of the orcs cured when he was killed? He has no power over them when he dies, or does he:confused:

I'm not sure about Frostmourne, I think its power is that it corrupts those who wield it, for example, Arthas. I think it was something like, "Those who wield this blade will have power eternal, at the cost of their soul," meaning the sword corrupts its wielder, but I'm not sure of the exact words, they're in the last mission of the human campaign when Arthas finds Frostmourne.

Yeah, that was where I got it from:D I must have played to much oblivion or something:p

captainrads

Reaction score
Yeah, the game left a lot of open ends, so a sequel could go in a lot of directions.

A soul stealing frostmourne isn't too bad of an idea though...it could be an ultimate passive ability where units killed add to the attack damage/speed, or what have you.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
By the way, the werewolves are worgen. And there are no worgen in the Forsaken... just because the word forsaken means abandoned and the etc, doesnt mean the worgen are in the Forsaken, the Forsaken is just the name. Worgen have absolutely no reason to join the Forsaken, because they have no agenda against the Lich King. The only reason they are even in the game is from WoW, there are none in WC3.

captainrads

Reaction score
Like I've said before, I don't play WoW and don't know WoW lore. It was just an idea, and I still have a shit ton of other ideas, so you can expect to see more things that might be related to WoW, and maybe even Diablo, which I do play.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
i know, im just giving info about them to kingbdogz. i dont mean to put down your ideas, i just want to help kingbdogz make this the best campaign possible.

captainrads

Reaction score
Alright, well put. I think that's what we all want here. This is a damn slow process between all of us posting repeatedly though. The Helper should have like a live chat system or something, that'd make things move along a lot faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.