Campaign Warcraft IV: The New Age - |Map of the Week #10|

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainrads

Reaction score
Ok, for organization and the fact that its really hard to read through the whole front post, could you give us a list of what you currently need? I'll look through the first post again but like I said its hard to pinpoint and organize thoughts when they're all scattered.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
There's a section called Contributors/What I Need. Read that, I just updated it.

captainrads

Reaction score
Ok, the story's pretty good, and like I said, I don't know WoW lore so I'm kinda useless there but the storyline itself sounds interesting and diverse.

After searching through the whole thread I finally found what you mean by teching paths(You might wanna put up the misc. ideas on the front page...unless its there and I missed it, not sure).

You could do A LOT with that, but as a base I would suggest melee focused, range focused, or magic focused as paths. A lot of that depends on the race too, though. Like for night elves you could do a "moonlight" path where the town hall has the ability to make it night anytime, and units that can shadowmeld have permanent invisibility at night. For orcs, you could have specific race paths like troll/tauren/orc paths. If you were to add ogres you could have that too...but you may not want to add ogres. I guess most paths for races are determined by the units and abilities they have. For example, undead, which is good at massing and overwhelming, could have a skeletal path which make skeletons more powerful and let necromancers summon more skeletons. Necromancers themselves could also be upgraded into liches or something, like as an added ability for the sacrificial pit.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Hmm nice ideas.
First of all, only the Scarlet Dawn will be completely path based. An offensive path, and a defensive path. Although, there will be paths for other races too (IE, most races have optional paths for their new T1 Alternative Building. IE Humans can either have a Deep Forge, which trains tough, defensive dwarves good at eliminating enemy defeenses, or they can have a Haven, which trains high elven units that aren't very tough, but are very good at stopping combat/keeping units alive).

Melee/Ranged/Magical I don't think would work. Doesn't have a lot to do with race. Because, like you said it depends on race. What I'm going to do for paths for the other races besides Scarlet Dawn, is have paths for T1 Alt Buildings (like i said above) and upgrade paths (possibly with tiers).

Night Elves are an outwitting, more damage based than armor based race I'd say. So, I really like your Moonlight path, so that will be one making them more of an ambush race. Maybe for another upgrade path, they could have Primal. Primal manipulates the environment and nature to fight (Druid upgrade). Also, for their path buildings, one will be for the Moonlight path, and one for the Primal path.

Humans are defensive, and their upgrade paths will be like the path buildings i mentioned above. One will be more defensive as in tough, resilient units, and the other will be based on healing.

Orcs are very offensive, and with your idea for each race... hmm, I'll have to think about it. I'm pretty short on Orcish ideas. Oh, and no ogres. I have no reason for them to join the Horde yet.

Undead, hmm. I like your skeletal idea. Maybe one of their upgrades will benefit their the units from both of their T1 Alternative Buildings, and the other upgrade will be your skeletal one. With the skeletal upgrade they would be able to make zombies. Also that Necromancer/Sacrificial Pit idea of yours gave me an idea. How about, with one upgrade you are allowed to build the Sacrificial Pit, (which will do more, I'm thinking of what the necromancer could become) and with the skeletal upgrade you could make a Flesh Pit, which will allow you to sacrifice a number of zombies (it will appear that they are loaded into the Flesh Pit and cannot come out) to create a Flesh Giant.

Thanks for your ideas captainrads, + rep.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Arthas has succumbed to the great power of the Lich King, now bound to him in spirit and soul. A great power has emerged and wishes to destroy all that is living. The Lich King, knowing Arthas to be a mere human has destroyed all remnants of his past human self by destroying his frail human heart. Now, his anger summoned anew, the Lich King seeks to destroy Kil'Jaeden. Calling upon Darion Morgraine for this task, the corrupted Ashbringer and it's wielder shall bring Kil'Jaeden from his throne down to Northrend, to die.

:thup:

wc3shady

Reaction score
Hey thanks, I'll use this. I'll only change it a little bit to note that the Lich King is killing Kil'Jaeden for vengeance.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Vengeance.
Replace "Now, his anger summoned anew, the Lich King seeks to destroy Kil'Jaeden." with "Now, his anger summoned anew, the Lich King seeks to destroy Kil'Jaeden for vengeance."

captainrads

Reaction score
Although, there will be paths for other races too (IE, most races have optional paths for their new T1 Alternative Building. IE Humans can either have a Deep Forge, which trains tough, defensive dwarves good at eliminating enemy defeenses, or they can have a Haven, which trains high elven units that aren't very tough, but are very good at stopping combat/keeping units alive).

Ok, so for the building aspect, do players upgrade their town halls differently for different units to be available, or do they build different buildings? I'm a bit confused there.

Maybe for another upgrade path, they could have Primal. Primal manipulates the environment and nature to fight (Druid upgrade). Also, for their path buildings, one will be for the Moonlight path, and one for the Primal path.

How about something like "Animal Instincts," where druids are significantly more powerful in animal form, and maybe make a new druid available(Druid of the Fang?).

Humans are defensive, and their upgrade paths will be like the path buildings i mentioned above. One will be more defensive as in tough, resilient units, and the other will be based on healing.

Humans seem incredibly similar to the Scarlet Crusade(can't remember the name), and since they already have an offensive/defensive path, maybe humans should focus somewhere else, like mechanical unit paths over organic unit paths?

Orcs are very offensive, and with your idea for each race... hmm, I'll have to think about it. I'm pretty short on Orcish ideas. Oh, and no ogres. I have no reason for them to join the Horde yet.

You could do some fel orc stuff, but of course there's lore conflict there...I guess it comes down to main fighter units(mostly orc and tauren) and support units(trolls mostly). I can't really think of much either, except for adding units based on troll or orc paths. For trolls, they could get a new caster, the Voodoo Rainmaker or something. For orcs, they could get either a ranged unit or a heavy melee unit which is also somewhat of a support unit. It could be like, the Orcish Axemaster which has cleaving axes that cause units to bleed, slowing them like poison would. You could put dragons in there too...

Undead, hmm. I like your skeletal idea. Maybe one of their upgrades will benefit their the units from both of their T1 Alternative Buildings, and the other upgrade will be your skeletal one. With the skeletal upgrade they would be able to make zombies. Also that Necromancer/Sacrificial Pit idea of yours gave me an idea. How about, with one upgrade you are allowed to build the Sacrificial Pit, (which will do more, I'm thinking of what the necromancer could become) and with the skeletal upgrade you could make a Flesh Pit, which will allow you to sacrifice a number of zombies (it will appear that they are loaded into the Flesh Pit and cannot come out) to create a Flesh Giant.

Maybe the paths could be between skeletons and flesh creatures(you could add spirit in there too). Each path allows for new units, and they become more powerful. I like the Flesh Pit idea, but maybe it could be an ability for the slaughterhouse, since they already make aboms. Necromancers would probably be able to become different units depending on the path taken and summon different units as well. Maybe for the skeletal path the Frost Mammoths can be made from the boneyard, like on Kingbdogz' project.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Ok, so for the building aspect, do players upgrade their town halls differently for different units to be available, or do they build different buildings? I'm a bit confused there.

No, this is how it's going to be.

At T1 - You can get one of two upgrades (it doesn't upgrade the main building, it's just an upgrade) that let you build a new building.

At T2 - You can get one of two upgrades (it doesn't upgrade the main building, it's just an upgrade) that lets you upgrade certain units and get certain units.

How about something like "Animal Instincts," where druids are significantly more powerful in animal form, and maybe make a new druid available(Druid of the Fang?).

Druid of the Fang are actually from WoW and they are evil/turn into snakes. We have Druid of the Claw, Druid of the Talon, hmm... Druid of the Paw? Can turn into a Panther that's invisible whenever it's not attacking. Very fast good hit and run.

Humans seem incredibly similar to the Scarlet Crusade(can't remember the name), and since they already have an offensive/defensive path, maybe humans should focus somewhere else, like mechanical unit paths over organic unit paths?

However the Humans are similar to the Scarlet Dawn, they are only similar if the Scarlet Dawn is focused more defensively. In fact, seeing as how the Scarlet Dawn has a path for a number of units, they can be constantly changed making them different to everyone. The Humans two paths are only defensive. One is Protective, one is Holy. They are either defensive focused or healer focused.

You could do some fel orc stuff, but of course there's lore conflict there...I guess it comes down to main fighter units(mostly orc and tauren) and support units(trolls mostly). I can't really think of much either, except for adding units based on troll or orc paths. For trolls, they could get a new caster, the Voodoo Rainmaker or something. For orcs, they could get either a ranged unit or a heavy melee unit which is also somewhat of a support unit. It could be like, the Orcish Axemaster which has cleaving axes that cause units to bleed, slowing them like poison would. You could put dragons in there too...

The thing is, I don't want to do paths with different races and the such. And no fel orcs, like you said the lore conflict. Maybe a Path of Primal Fury and a Path of the Elements. Path of Primal Fury would be offensive in a brute, melee sort of way. Path of the Elements would be offensive in a caster sort of way. Primal Fury could give you a ranged troll riding a raptor O-=. Then for the buildings they would have Shrine of the Elements or Primal Hold.

Maybe the paths could be between skeletons and flesh creatures(you could add spirit in there too). Each path allows for new units, and they become more powerful. I like the Flesh Pit idea, but maybe it could be an ability for the slaughterhouse, since they already make aboms. Necromancers would probably be able to become different units depending on the path taken and summon different units as well. Maybe for the skeletal path the Frost Mammoths can be made from the boneyard, like on Kingbdogz' project.

The thing is I was planning to put flesh and skeletal into one, because there are not enough skeletal units. Then, for my second one I'm stuck between a nerubian one (which would allow those sinkholes nerubians can teleport between) and a spirit one. Yeah with Flesh Pit I think it's a good idea it would be an ability for the slaughterhouse. I know, I'll do that and then I could make it so you get a choice between the Sacrificial Circle (which I still need ideas to do something else) and a Sinkhole.

EDIT
Idea for melee! How about every single unit has a Follow ability usable on allies. So say Unit A uses Follow on Unit B. Unit A moves to Point A. Unit B automatically moves to Point A. Unit A attack moves to Point B. Unit B automatically attack moves to Point B.

This will be very good so you can make as many units as you want follow one units, so you can control large groups of units at a time.

captainrads

Reaction score
No, this is how it's going to be.

At T1 - You can get one of two upgrades (it doesn't upgrade the main building, it's just an upgrade) that let you build a new building.

At T2 - You can get one of two upgrades (it doesn't upgrade the main building, it's just an upgrade) that lets you upgrade certain units and get certain units.

Ok then, so its just different upgrades...I assume they'll be available in the town hall though?

Druid of the Fang are actually from WoW and they are evil/turn into snakes. We have Druid of the Claw, Druid of the Talon, hmm... Druid of the Paw? Can turn into a Panther that's invisible whenever it's not attacking. Very fast good hit and run.

God damn WoW...I thought of a Druid of the Fang and made it a panther...I guess DotP works, although Paw doesn't sound very...vicious like one would expect from an animal, in fact it sounds almost cuddly, although I personally can't think of anything else. Druid of the Horn?

However the Humans are similar to the Scarlet Dawn, they are only similar if the Scarlet Dawn is focused more defensively. In fact, seeing as how the Scarlet Dawn has a path for a number of units, they can be constantly changed making them different to everyone. The Humans two paths are only defensive. One is Protective, one is Holy. They are either defensive focused or healer focused.

Alright then, any ideas on what the paths will feature for them specifically?

The thing is, I don't want to do paths with different races and the such. And no fel orcs, like you said the lore conflict. Maybe a Path of Primal Fury and a Path of the Elements. Path of Primal Fury would be offensive in a brute, melee sort of way. Path of the Elements would be offensive in a caster sort of way. Primal Fury could give you a ranged troll riding a raptor O-=. Then for the buildings they would have Shrine of the Elements or Primal Hold.

Elements...why the hell didn't I think of that? Those are pretty good ideas though...maybe the raptor could get upgraded into a T-Rex! But instead of Primal Hold it should be called Primal Dungeon(or Keep). So if the player goes Elemental, will the casters like shamans be upgraded? Or will there just be new units? Or both?

The thing is I was planning to put flesh and skeletal into one, because there are not enough skeletal units. Then, for my second one I'm stuck between a nerubian one (which would allow those sinkholes nerubians can teleport between) and a spirit one. Yeah with Flesh Pit I think it's a good idea it would be an ability for the slaughterhouse. I know, I'll do that and then I could make it so you get a choice between the Sacrificial Circle (which I still need ideas to do something else) and a Sinkhole.

There's quite a bit of skeletal units, and they're pretty easy to make...I mean there's already Skeletal Warriors, Mages, Archers, and Frost Wyrms, and you can easily make others, like that Frost Mammoth.
The only problem with doing nerubian stuff is that there's really not that many nerubian units unless you plan to add quite a bit of them. The sinkhole thing sounds like it could just be a burrow upgrade. A spirit one unfortunately doesn't give much option either, the only thing actually in there is Shades and Banshees until you add more, but its much easier to add those kinds of units(in my opinion). What you could do is just base it off the upgrades, put units with unholy armor/strength in one path and the creature upgrades in another. Or you could just make three different paths. I don't know, its your call. By the way, what's the sacrificial circle?

EDIT
Idea for melee! How about every single unit has a Follow ability usable on allies. So say Unit A uses Follow on Unit B. Unit A moves to Point A. Unit B automatically moves to Point A. Unit A attack moves to Point B. Unit B automatically attack moves to Point B.

This will be very good so you can make as many units as you want follow one units, so you can control large groups of units at a time.

Actually, that function already exists, you just move target the unit you want to have the selected units follow...what I'd like to see is a "Take Point" command where the following units go in front of the selected unit. That way, when you have a ranged hero you can order your melee units to stay in front of it at all times.

EDIT: Say, I just got an idea, its a bit wacky, but hear me out. In Warcraft melee, players often have the same units the whole game if they're good at microing. While that's a useful skill in itself, there's no real reward other than keeping your units, which end up being weak at later tiers if they're tier 1 units. What if the altars had an upgrade for units which made them hero like? Not skill-wise, but level-wise where they gained combat experience, leveled up, and became stronger so they could fight through the whole game. Of course you could add skill upgrades, although that might be difficult. The ability could be called something like commander training or officer training, costing resources but upgrading units. It might be a bit too odd, but it does have some practicality.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Ok then, so its just different upgrades...I assume they'll be available in the town hall though?
Yep

God damn WoW...I thought of a Druid of the Fang and made it a panther...I guess DotP works, although Paw doesn't sound very...vicious like one would expect from an animal, in fact it sounds almost cuddly, although I personally can't think of anything else. Druid of the Horn?

Bah yeah I thought you meant snake. Fuck wow lore, it's called Druid of the Fang.

Alright then, any ideas on what the paths will feature for them specifically?

Still thinking on it... I know, how about I make it so with the Holy path you can get Priests (normal) and on Protective you get Rune Priest (Dwarven Rune Priest, puts up runes to reduce damage taken and the such) maybe path heroes too?

Elements...why the hell didn't I think of that? Those are pretty good ideas though...maybe the raptor could get upgraded into a T-Rex! But instead of Primal Hold it should be called Primal Dungeon(or Keep). So if the player goes Elemental, will the casters like shamans be upgraded? Or will there just be new units? Or both?

Man T-Rex would be awesome! But I don't want it to be upgraded. Ok how about Primal Keep. If you've played BFME 1/2, remember those elephant guys that could charge and garrison archers? how about a t-rex that can do that!

And with Elemental, both. I'm thinking of making the Elemental building called the Elemental Rift, in which you can create elementals (Storm, Earth, and Fire!)

There's quite a bit of skeletal units, and they're pretty easy to make...I mean there's already Skeletal Warriors, Mages, Archers, and Frost Wyrms, and you can easily make others, like that Frost Mammoth.
The only problem with doing nerubian stuff is that there's really not that many nerubian units unless you plan to add quite a bit of them. The sinkhole thing sounds like it could just be a burrow upgrade. A spirit one unfortunately doesn't give much option either, the only thing actually in there is Shades and Banshees until you add more, but its much easier to add those kinds of units(in my opinion). What you could do is just base it off the upgrades, put units with unholy armor/strength in one path and the creature upgrades in another. Or you could just make three different paths. I don't know, its your call. By the way, what's the sacrificial circle?

Keep in mind that I don't have any skeletal archers and skeletal warriors/mages are summoned. The thing about the Frost Mammoth is that kingbdogz already has it. Anyways, ill scrap the spirit thing, and make it Unholy/Skeletal, like you said.

And er, I meant Sacrifial Pit not Sacrificial Circle.

Actually, that function already exists, you just move target the unit you want to have the selected units follow...what I'd like to see is a "Take Point" command where the following units go in front of the selected unit. That way, when you have a ranged hero you can order your melee units to stay in front of it at all times.

Hmm maybe, maybe you could shape a group of units how you want (say, defenders in front and ranged in back) and then you can use "Set Formation" once you have them all selected, so next time you moved that group they would be in that formation.

EDIT: Say, I just got an idea, its a bit wacky, but hear me out. In Warcraft melee, players often have the same units the whole game if they're good at microing. While that's a useful skill in itself, there's no real reward other than keeping your units, which end up being weak at later tiers if they're tier 1 units. What if the altars had an upgrade for units which made them hero like? Not skill-wise, but level-wise where they gained combat experience, leveled up, and became stronger so they could fight through the whole game. Of course you could add skill upgrades, although that might be difficult. The ability could be called something like commander training or officer training, costing resources but upgrading units. It might be a bit too odd, but it does have some practicality.

That's a good idea! Sort of like BFME 1/2. And having the T1 units is helpful because they make good fodder. But then again they are fodder for your food cap. Skill upgrades wouldn't be that bad, and I would make them cost (IE for say the Dawn Bowyer you can have the upgrades Increased Range, Increased Damage, and Fire Arrows?) anyways, I'm using it, and units will be able to level to level 5.
+ rep captainrads for the ideas

Also, speaking of ideas from BFME 1/2, maybe for humans only to make them more unique, the base scout towers (that dont do anything but upgrade into better towers) could have an ability called "Wall" in which they could select another base wall and make it so you can build a wall from one to an other.
This would be very hard though and I would need a very good JASSER.

captainrads

Reaction score
Bah yeah I thought you meant snake. Fuck wow lore, it's called Druid of the Fang.

Alright, cool, though I checked wowwiki the other day and saw Druids of the Wild, any intention of using those?

Still thinking on it... I know, how about I make it so with the Holy path you can get Priests (normal) and on Protective you get Rune Priest (Dwarven Rune Priest, puts up runes to reduce damage taken and the such) maybe path heroes too?
I like the units, but don't path heroes, you've got awkward limitations there. Plus, if you path them, some won't be available at the start of the game since they'll need the proper upgrade to be summoned.

Man T-Rex would be awesome! But I don't want it to be upgraded. Ok how about Primal Keep. If you've played BFME 1/2, remember those elephant guys that could charge and garrison archers? how about a t-rex that can do that!
I have not played BFME 1/2, nor do I know what that is...but I do like the ideas.

And with Elemental, both. I'm thinking of making the Elemental building called the Elemental Rift, in which you can create elementals (Storm, Earth, and Fire!)
Well, elementals seem to be my specialty now...so if you need any ideas for those lemme know.

Keep in mind that I don't have any skeletal archers and skeletal warriors/mages are summoned. The thing about the Frost Mammoth is that kingbdogz already has it. Anyways, ill scrap the spirit thing, and make it Unholy/Skeletal, like you said.
So a creature path and an unholy path? Alright then, I dig it. By the way, don't worry about sharing ideas too much, I give both of you the same ones quite a bit. In fact, I gave him the commander training upgrade already, though his works differently than yours.

Hmm maybe, maybe you could shape a group of units how you want (say, defenders in front and ranged in back) and then you can use "Set Formation" once you have them all selected, so next time you moved that group they would be in that formation.

Ahhh that'd be great, I hate when you tell your units to move somewhere and they get into a line so they can get picked off one by one.

That's a good idea! Sort of like BFME 1/2. And having the T1 units is helpful because they make good fodder. But then again they are fodder for your food cap. Skill upgrades wouldn't be that bad, and I would make them cost (IE for say the Dawn Bowyer you can have the upgrades Increased Range, Increased Damage, and Fire Arrows?) anyways, I'm using it, and units will be able to level to level 5.
+ rep captainrads for the ideas

Also, speaking of ideas from BFME 1/2, maybe for humans only to make them more unique, the base scout towers (that dont do anything but upgrade into better towers) could have an ability called "Wall" in which they could select another base wall and make it so you can build a wall from one to an other.
This would be very hard though and I would need a very good JASSER.

Glad you like the idea, and once again, I have no idea what BFME 1/2 is. As for the wall thing, I like that too...sounds kinda like the system in Sprout TD...if you do that, maybe you could add an upgrade to scout towers that gives them a big armor bonus and spikes when upgraded or something, kinda like having a long defensive wall.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Alright, cool, though I checked wowwiki the other day and saw Druids of the Wild, any intention of using those?

Nah, those are like a mix of druids of the talon, claw, etc.

I like the units, but don't path heroes, you've got awkward limitations there. Plus, if you path them, some won't be available at the start of the game since they'll need the proper upgrade to be summoned.

Alright then, you have a point.

I have not played BFME 1/2, nor do I know what that is...but I do like the ideas.

Battle For Middle Earth 1/2, Lords of the Rings strategy games, though they are pretty different from each other.

Well, elementals seem to be my specialty now...so if you need any ideas for those lemme know.

I'm letting you know. :D (ideas)

So a creature path and an unholy path? Alright then, I dig it. By the way, don't worry about sharing ideas too much, I give both of you the same ones quite a bit. In fact, I gave him the commander training upgrade already, though his works differently than yours.

Actually, I've been preparing for melee (all the terrain is finished for the first released melee map) and it will be Slaughter Mastery and Unholy Mastery. The thing about sharing ideas, is that I really want my project to be my own. Unique, ya know?

Glad you like the idea, and once again, I have no idea what BFME 1/2 is. As for the wall thing, I like that too...sounds kinda like the system in Sprout TD...if you do that, maybe you could add an upgrade to scout towers that gives them a big armor bonus and spikes when upgraded or something, kinda like having a long defensive wall.

i will have to try sprout td

captainrads

Reaction score
I'm guessing slaughter mastery is aboms and ghouls(What else?) and Unholy Mastery is...skellies?

Ok, elemental ideas:

Tauren Earthshaker: Melee caster unit with Entomb(Puts a unit in a strong rock prison, making it invulnerable to attack, but the prison itself can be broken, sort of an offense/defense spell depending on how you use it). Can learn Rock Solid(Armor and hp regen bonus, sort of like frost armor) and Hand of the Earth Mother(Either a ward or a strike where a hand of stone rises from the ground and strikes enemy units).

I'll come up with some more later, I just woke up so my brain isn't working too well yet.

EDIT: Here's some more:

Spirit Wyvern: Elemental flying creature, adept at using the elements of the sky. Has a lightning attack and can learn Wind Shield(Either Evasion or Defend, and maybe a different name)

Fire Juggler: Troll fire master, throws flaming torches at enemies. Can learn Flammable Liquids, where the Fire Juggler throws a batch of flammable liquid on enemies. Affected enemies will burn when touched by fire, and burning enemies set nearby enemies on fire as well.

Tauren Rainmaker: (Doesn't have to be tauren) Uses Refresh as a minor healing spell(throws water on allies, small healing but fast cooldown and probably autocast). Can learn Dehydration(Life drain, cast on enemy, slow dps while healing rainmaker or replenishing mana) and Rain Dance(Long channel before casting, could either be a tranquility kind of spell or it creates a thunderstorm where lightning, hail, etc. wail on enemies, maybe slowing them or reducing their chance to hit).

I think that about covers the basic elements, if you want any more lemme know.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Hmm ok here's what I'm thinking.

Seeing as how you're going to be able to have 15 units, 2 are going to come from your T1.5 Alternative Building and 1 is going to be a new unit for the caster barracks.

Although, we can make it so preexisting units can have paths as well (IE Wyvern Rider or Spirit Wyvern)

So, what I'm thinking thus far is this -

Elemental -

New caster, maybe your Tauren Earthshaker

From the Elemental Rift, you can train the Earth Elemental (T1) and the Colossal Flame (T3), but I need more ideas on what they could do.

Primal -

For a new caster, maybe the Troll Riding a Raptor could be a spell caster?

From the Primal Keep, you can train Devilsaurs (T3; The big T-Rex that can be mounted by Troll Spearthrowers/Berserkers or w/e they're called) and something else at T1.

Im still thinking about using your Spirit Wyvern idea, but I'm not sure about your Fire Juggler.

captainrads

Reaction score
From the Elemental Rift, you can train the Earth Elemental (T1) and the Colossal Flame (T3), but I need more ideas on what they could do.

I would switch those around, make the T1 unit a Flame Imp(?) and the T3 unit an Earth Titan(?), since Earth is always a huge, beastly sort of thing and flames can be large or small, and it sort of makes more sense having them like that.

For a new caster, maybe the Troll Riding a Raptor could be a spell caster?

It seems...iffy, I mean if you're riding a dinosaur you probably don't need to cast spells, just use the dino to tear things apart. You'd prolly want the T1 to be the spellcaster(or change it to T2 since that's when you get casters). As for the unit itself...how about...a troll mammoth rider? It could use ice spells...or you could just change the Sprit Wyvern to a Thunder Pterodactyl or something...its hard to think of magical dinosaurs.

wc3shady

Reaction score
I would switch those around, make the T1 unit a Flame Imp(?) and the T3 unit an Earth Titan(?), since Earth is always a huge, beastly sort of thing and flames can be large or small, and it sort of makes more sense having them like that.

Sounds good, I'll start theory crafting on that. (Earth Titan - Granite Goliath; turns into a boulder?)

It seems...iffy, I mean if you're riding a dinosaur you probably don't need to cast spells, just use the dino to tear things apart. You'd prolly want the T1 to be the spellcaster(or change it to T2 since that's when you get casters). As for the unit itself...how about...a troll mammoth rider? It could use ice spells...or you could just change the Sprit Wyvern to a Thunder Pterodactyl or something...its hard to think of magical dinosaurs.

With the spell caster thing, it will be for the T2 caster barracks. The thing is I think of raptors as equivalents to wolves, something used as more of a quick travel purpose rather than devastation. The thing about the troll mammoth rider, is that these are darkspear trolls, not ice trolls.

So I will have

1 T1 unit from new barracks (need ideas for Primal!)

1 T3 unit from new barracks (devilsaur)

1 Caster unit from caster barracks (I'm pretty stuck on that raptor caster, captainrads)

Also I can path preexisting units.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Voodoo Orc? Trolls are voodoo. Plus, we already have a voodoo themed guy: the Witch Doctor. Don't think I want a spirit wolf, they're already summons.

captainrads

Reaction score
Well you could still do something with voodoo, like the Hexer in WOW, or the Voodoo Rainmaker I suggested to someone... Anyways, for the Dino-caster, how about this:
Velociraptor: Primal sound-based caster, has the Primal Screech ability(Cone dmg and slow effect). Can learn Beastly Roar(Scares all nearby units, increasing their movement speed) and Velociblast(The Velociraptor rushes through enemies, causing a sonic boom which causes damage and knockback).
And for the T1 unit:
Taurantasaurus: Ancient spider, light melee unit. Can learn the Deadly Poison upgrade(bash or slow poison).

Its kinda hard for T1 dino units, since dinosaurs are big and vicious and T1 units aren't. I'll try and think of something better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.