Campaign Warcraft IV: The New Age - |Map of the Week #10|

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Pics!!! From the Azjol-Nerub part of Assault At Angrathar.

20qic5c.jpg
20qic5c.jpg

Also, does anyone have any advice on getting more replies to this thread?

Wow brilliant Terrain! Can't wait till you do some terrain on my War 4:eek: :thup: Hmm, you probably have a lot of followers on this campaign, but no ones replying since there is nothing really new. I try my hardest to get story lines out there and discuss them, or new units. Perhaps you should release one of the missions just to get peoples attention, then they should start commenting.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Bah thanks kingbdogz you gave me a great idea.

I'm not going to release a mission from the campaign, but I have another idea.

I'll do a prelude mission, about how Darion Mograine became a death knight.

:D

Well, I sort released the units when I had everything thought out (almost) perfectly to what I want.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Bah thanks kingbdogz you gave me a great idea.

I'm not going to release a mission from the campaign, but I have another idea.

I'll do a prelude mission, about how Darion Mograine became a death knight.

:D

Well, I sort released the units when I had everything thought out (almost) perfectly to what I want.

Nice idea, it would set out the storyline better and gives Darion more backstory.

EDIT: Congrats on 100 replies! :thup:

wc3shady

Reaction score
Lol, you mean 100 replies :p. No match to your near 500.

So I updated the first post with the images of Assault At Angrathar and added the Prelude, Prelude to Darkness.

Prelude to Darkness
"This prelude describes the events prior to the New Age. It is about Darion Mograine's claim of the corrupted Ashbringer, his affliction, his becoming of a Death Knight, and his Prelude to Darkness..."
Just a little tidbit of description. It will be the Demo.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Lol, you mean 100 replies :p. No match to your near 500.

So I updated the first post with the images of Assault At Angrathar and added the Prelude, Prelude to Darkness.

Prelude to Darkness
"This prelude describes the events prior to the New Age. It is about Darion Mograine's claim of the corrupted Ashbringer, his affliction, his becoming of a Death Knight, and his Prelude to Darkness..."
Just a little tidbit of description. It will be the Demo.

LOLz 100 pages, damn it with my stupid mind :rolleyes:
Nice description, makes me want to play even more.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Cool demo. An intro is always fun. :)

Um... is it just me or are those two screenshots basically the same thing? :D There are too many spammed rocks there. You could increases the size of the rocks, use different types of rocks and different variations, use simply other doodads, or block player sight from that. :D But it's nice. Good job. For a second, I forgot that it was a campaign and thought that was your whole map. :p

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

wc3shady

Reaction score
I'll try to change it, thewrongvine.

Still looking for modeler... come on guys!!!

wc3shady

Reaction score
I need your ideas!!!

I have had a bit of a slew of gameplay ideas that I need your advice on.

First of all, the gameplay will be much quicker. All the build, train and upgrade times will be cut by half. I'm also considering cutting all unit health by half, but I'm unsure about this. The Demo will be released before the campaign's release along with a melee map! (Then release of the actual campaign will be with more melee maps).

I've been working on Prelude to Darkness (Demo) script and story, and I have three heroes to be made just for this mission (and actually melee maps).

(I don't have ideas for the class names)

- One is for High General Abbendis, she will revolve around leading an army.
- One is for Grand Admiral Barean Westwind, he will be some sort of caster.
- One is for Darion Mograine before he was a Death Knight (class name: Redeemer? Knight-Lieutenant?) I have no ideas for what he's going to be like.

Also, I need a special gameplay element, something unique to the game. Hmm... maybe... well you know I just don't have any solid ideas. I need help on this!

Now... concerning the humans.

I need a new alternate Tier 2 building. Something with a new purpose. As humans, it will probably be defensive. This will train two new units.

Priest model will be replaced.

Spellbreakers will be replaced with a new anti-magic caster. Rune Priest? (Dwarven guy based around making runes to use against mages - ideas?)

Dragonhawk Riders replaced with something from the Workshop (actually, it can be from any building), an additional Tier 3 unit. It doesn't have to be a flying unit. I'm dead on ideas here as well.

New spellcaster - something that would be a straight damage dealer. Fully offensive some sort of mage. A direct damage guy. Arcanist? (Abilities: Magic Missile, a channeled ability dealing damage over time, shooting magic missiles; Ley Torrent, another channeled ability which does the amount of seconds channeled times 25, Maximum of 10 seconds, deals damage when channeling stops; Arcane Vulnerability, when hit by Magic Missiles, it has a chance to stun, Ley Torrent will also slow the unit while being channeled) Comments?

kingbdogz

Reaction score
I need your ideas!!!

I have had a bit of a slew of gameplay ideas that I need your advice on.

First of all, the gameplay will be much quicker. All the build, train and upgrade times will be cut by half. I'm also considering cutting all unit health by half, but I'm unsure about this. The Demo will be released before the campaign's release along with a melee map! (Then release of the actual campaign will be with more melee maps).

Awesome looking forward to it.

I've been working on Prelude to Darkness (Demo) script and story, and I have three heroes to be made just for this mission (and actually melee maps).

Once again, looking forward to it :thup:

(I don't have ideas for the class names)

- One is for High General Abbendis, she will revolve around leading an army.
- One is for Grand Admiral Barean Westwind, he will be some sort of caster.
- One is for Darion Mograine before he was a Death Knight (class name: Redeemer? Knight-Lieutenant?) I have no ideas for what he's going to be like.

High General Abbendis: Legionnaire
Grand Admiral Barean Westwind: Seeker
Darion Mograine: Redeemer
Thats all I can think of.

Also, I need a special gameplay element, something unique to the game. Hmm... maybe... well you know I just don't have any solid ideas. I need help on this!

How about making destructibles a big part of the game and map. Like really high HP destructibles that lead to back entrances to bases or lead to an expansion without creeps there.

Now... concerning the humans.

I need a new alternate Tier 2 building. Something with a new purpose. As humans, it will probably be defensive. This will train two new units.

How about making 2 alternatives. The first one could be a Keep with a cross on one of the towers. It will be called a Biblical Hall and it can do a slow cool down heal to nearby units. The other one can be called Raging Keep. It has fists on top of the towers and pitch forks are standing up against the walls. This gives nearby units a buff that increases attacking speed by 2 for each kill it has done while the buff was active. When the Ragings Keep buff is out of range the buff is immediately removed from the unit and looses the attack speed bonus.

Priest model will be replaced.

Cool

Spellbreakers will be replaced with a new anti-magic caster. Rune Priest? (Dwarven guy based around making runes to use against mages - ideas?)

Sagebreakers? Instead of doing anti magic attacks and spells by it self to kill casters, it could use anti magic supportive auras and spells so it gives the advantage to nearby units to kill caster units easily.

Dragonhawk Riders replaced with something from the Workshop (actually, it can be from any building), an additional Tier 3 unit. It doesn't have to be a flying unit. I'm dead on ideas here as well.

Ragehawk: Has the ability to land and fly easily, this gives the unit a lot of flexibility. Also it has an Air form ability that makes the targeted air unit invulnerable but cannot attack (yes it can still move) this gives some nice scouting options.

New spellcaster - something that would be a straight damage dealer. Fully offensive some sort of mage. A direct damage guy. Arcanist? (Abilities: Magic Missile, a channeled ability dealing damage over time, shooting magic missiles; Ley Torrent, another channeled ability which does the amount of seconds channeled times 25, Maximum of 10 seconds, deals damage when channeling stops; Arcane Vulnerability, when hit by Magic Missiles, it has a chance to stun, Ley Torrent will also slow the unit while being channeled) Comments?

Arcanist sounds good. :thup:

wc3shady

Reaction score
Wow man ideas aren't bad

Hero Names will be considered!

How about making 2 alternatives. The first one could be a Keep with a cross on one of the towers. It will be called a Biblical Hall and it can do a slow cool down heal to nearby units. The other one can be called Raging Keep. It has fists on top of the towers and pitch forks are standing up against the walls. This gives nearby units a buff that increases attacking speed by 2 for each kill it has done while the buff was active. When the Ragings Keep buff is out of range the buff is immediately removed from the unit and looses the attack speed bonus.

Hmm I like the idea but no. I actually had an idea - Ironforge Alliance or Remnants of Quel'thalas Alliance. Ironforge will give you a Deep Forge, which creates defensive Dwarf units in a "tanking" aspect. Quel'thalas will give you a Haven, which will train High Elven units who can heal.

Ironforge -
T1 Iron Hammer
T2 Shield Cleft

Quel'thalas -
T1 Sanctite
T2 Sun Keeper

Sagebreakers? Instead of doing anti magic attacks and spells by it self to kill casters, it could use anti magic supportive auras and spells so it gives the advantage to nearby units to kill caster units easily.

Sounds great! Sort of reminds me of my Banisher for the Scarlet Dawn (AND I LOVE THAT UNIT) so I love this unit. Abilities: Unstable Magic? (Debuff that would make it so the target would lose mana whenever it is attacked) Magical Mortality (Debuff; whenever the target loses mana, it loses health)?

Ragehawk: Has the ability to land and fly easily, this gives the unit a lot of flexibility. Also it has an Air form ability that makes the targeted air unit invulnerable but cannot attack (yes it can still move) this gives some nice scouting options.

I like it, but it just doesn't sound very... human like. I might use it for the Orcs/Night Elves

wc3shady

Reaction score
I'll think about it.

Anyways, I have had some ideas...

ok for the Sun Keeper, how about he initially has the ability to turn it from night to day (good anti night elves) and they can learn an activated aura ability that makes it so, during day, all units around the Sun Keeper have greatly increased regeneration?

now, the Shield Cleft. He will be all about making units more vulnerable. He can use Cleft Strike, decreasing the armor of a target unit severely. Also, can learn the ability Shield Bash, which strikes a unit for 200 damage divided by the units armor.

Now, the Shield Cleft would be pretty powerful with these abilities, so would it be T3?

Also, Iron Hammers and Sanctites I need ideas on.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Ok, so I've been coming up with ideas for heroes and I've tried my hand at making icons.

Ok this icon is for Grand Inquisitor Isillien/Grand Inquisitor Hero
I took an image of his on WoW, threw it on GIMP, messed around, and this is what I came up with. (It's not very good yet, I know, I'm still working on it)
zyey3q.jpg

Anyways, for heroes, I came up for ideas for the Seeker and the Knight-Champion (the Redeemer, changed the name, Darion Mograine in demo mission before he's a Death Knight and also a hero for melee)

Grand Admiral Barean Westwind

Seeker
INT
Seekers are tough intelligence-based heroes. They are; per say, battle mages, who control thunder and often patron the sea.​

Seek – The Seeker quickly teleports to a target location.
Storm Aura – Every four seconds, units near the Seeker take damage. Farther they are away, the less damage they take, with the highest possible damage being 100.
Shock Bolt – The Seeker lets loose a bolt of lightning from his palms, seeking an enemy to damage, dealing nova damage to all nearby enemy units. The Shock Bolt can be shot over very long distances, but the farther it goes, the less damage it does.
Thunderstorm – (ULT) The Seeker begins channeling lightning to fall from the sky, damaging nearby enemy units. Although Thunderstorm has a very large radius, the bolts of lightning from the Thunderstorm strikes units closer to the Seeker more often than units away from the Seeker.

Darion Mograine (Pre-DK)
Knight-Champion
STR
The Knight-Champion is considered one of the strongest paladins of the Scarlet Crusade, and very high ranked members. They are masters of oaths and judgement, and are sworn to their cause of purging the world of all things unholy.​

Judgement – (Initial) The Knight-Champion unleashes the power of his oaths on a target unit affected by his oaths.

Oath of Holy Flames – The Knight-Champion speaks hatred, condemning a target enemy unit. When unleashes, Oath of Holy Flames will scald it’s host from the inside out, dealing damage over time and a burst of damage at the end.
Oath of Pristine Clarity – The Knight-Champion speaks the light, empowering a target allied unit with very high health regeneration for a short period of time.
Oath of Deadly Demoralization – The Knight-Champion speaks belittling intimidation, forcing the target enemy unit to take extra damage when hit.
Divine Judgement – (ULT) The Knight-Champion imbues his judgement with holy energies, unleashing his oaths great than before.

- Oath of Holy Flames – As the damage continues, it becomes greater, and when it bursts, it stuns the target.
- Oath of Pristine Clarity – When the Knight-Champion utters this oath it has a chance to double the healing.
- Oath of Deadly Demoralization – The unit subject to the Knight-Champions demoralizing words will be slowed as well.

captainrads

Reaction score
Damn, this looks really nice...I mean you're using a lot of WoW lore so I'm useless for comment there, but the units look good, functional and all that. Your front page says you need a model idea for the Warder, so how about like a vampire hunter looking guy? Vampire hunters are usually decked out in crosses, stakes, etc. so it might make sense...but I'm not sure if you got the idea already, I didn't read through all the posts. An alternative would be a Priest looking guy with a red cape and a silver cross on it. He would be kinda hunched low and have either a wand or a dagger in one hand with a gold cross in the other.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Thanks, right now I'm not focusing on the lore too much, but the races. Working on a melee map for you all. And I need tech tree feedback.

Now, for the "paths" for the Scarlet Dawn race, one of them is considered the offensive, old scarlet ways that are insane and driven mad with obsession. The other path is for the dawn, the new scarlet ways, the redeemed guys. Inquisitor is an old scarlet guy, the Warder is a new scarlet guys. So, I like your second idea better. I just need a modeler.

Also, Steam Rover. This is my new unit. A really fast dwarf vehicle.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Arthas... he has met his master, the Lich King... he binded with his soul. The Lich King, now fully controlling Arthas, took out his heart to eliminate the remnants of humanity within himself. He seeks vengeance on thou who imprisoned him in the frozen throne... he wishes to defeat Kil'Jaeden, the demon lord. But first, the Lich King must get him to Northrend. He bestows this mission upon Darion Mograine, holder of the corrupted Ashbringer

Okay, good map and all but the plot is just terrifying.

Arthas... he has met his master, the Lich King... he binded with his soul. The Lich King, now fully controlling Arthas, took out his heart to eliminate the remnants of humanity within himself.
1. Arthas was seduced, souls were not bound as he CAN give up the power.
2. Arthas willingly, in the end, went with the Lich King. Removing ones heart ususally leads to death. Even the lich king can die.

He seeks vengeance on thou who imprisoned him in the frozen throne... he wishes to defeat Kil'Jaeden, the demon lord. But first, the Lich King must get him to Northrend.
This is a bit confusing, personally. It seems as if LK wants Kil'Jaeden to get to Northrend, I can reword this whole thing if you wish. I am a grammar nazi.

He bestows this mission upon Darion Mograine, holder of the corrupted Ashbringer
One would think he would destroy the Ashbringer instead of giving it to someone who could turn sides....note WoW lore here.

I don't mean to be harsh but it just was really bugging me. Once again, map looks great, just those things.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Hey Wc3shady hope you don't mind but I made an icon for your Templar. Also I'm going to make a lot of other icons for your units if you want:

V1:
b6f3b2c8.jpg

V2:
b8d71cce.jpg

EDIT: Here is the Zealot, since you said they are great Assassins this is what I thought up of in my mind; a black cloaked guy with a black cloth piece on his mouth area:

b7d2f231.jpg

Hope you like it and more are to come.

EDIT2: Made the Dawn Bowyer and Crusader, they are sorta meh but it is the best I could think of. Also I thought that it would be cool in lore and on the model the Dawn Bowyer could be blind and give it that extra coolness:

Dawn Bowyer:
db44fc29.jpg

Crusader:
fbc1b035.jpg

wc3shady

Reaction score
Alright guys, thanks for your feedback!

ok, to KC:

Arthas is possessed. Well, was possessed. And, possessed by an extremely powerful being: the Lich King. So, he did not fuse willingly, he was corrupted by the Lich King through Frostmourne. Now, about the thing with removing the heart will kill you... Ok, first: this is warcraft. There is magic. Second, the Lich King was alive when he was just the armor: the armor was a carrier for his soul. Although, he wasn't able to perform physical actions, as he was locking inside the Frozen Throne. So, he got Arthas, made him his carrier for his soul, so he doesn't need the heart. The heart still has the remnants of humanity in Arthas - so the Lich King tossed it. The Lich King wants to summon Kil'Jaeden to Northrend. It's on the Lich King's turf - and the Lich King is extremely powerful anyways - so the Lich King is pretty sure he can woop Kil'Jaeden's ass, which isn't very far fetched.

Now, for the Ashbringer thing... the lore behind the Ashbringer, was that it was imbued with that orb, which was originally a voidwalker orb of extreme power. His father Mograine - Alexandros Mograine - figured it would have a polar opposite, and was able to use his divine holy energies to flip it all good. And he used that to make the Ashbringer. So, the corrupted Ashbringer was the holy orb within the Ashbringer being polarized again. And also, no Death Knight has been able to become free of the Lich King's grasp, (with the Forsaken thing, that was a different matter completely) anyways. This corrupted Ashbringer is extremely powerful - without it Darion Mograine would just be any other Death Knight. With it, he is extremely powerful - he is on par with Kel'Thuzad or stronger.

Also, a rewrite would be great if you want to be my official grammar nazi :thup:

to kingbdogz:

THANKS!!!!
They are great. The Templar looks a bit - a lot like the normal Knight, but whatever. The Zealot is a lot like the model I'm using! Zealot

And for the Dawn Bowyer the blind thing might be cool but it wouldn't really make sense. It's great, but if you would could you recolor the green on the Dawn Bowyer red? Thanks.

Crusader is great as well!

I need to spread some rep around before I give it to you again kingbdogz, so I'm going to go give rep out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.