Campaign Warcraft IV: The New Age - |Map of the Week #10|

Status
Not open for further replies.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
They're part of the Scarlet Dawn. (Not Undead)

Half of the Scarlet Dawn is the corrupted Scarlet Crusade, and the other half is all the good redeemed people. Hence the paths; the Crusade people being more offensive, and the Dawn being more defensive. The Exorcist is Crusade, so it's offensive.

I like your ideas! I'm definitely using the Corruption thing. But I'm changing it so that it's "Lightflame Daggers" (they don't consider themselves corrupted, but bringers of the light). It will do very good damage, and like you said be 4 seconds long (I'm actually thinking longer then that), but can stack. This way you need lots of them to be really good, they are "hero hunters". I'm using aeromeld as well :). But, it's not necessarily a caster unit, so it wont have the third ability. Thanks for the ideas!

And happy new year!

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
They're part of the Scarlet Dawn. (Not Undead)

Half of the Scarlet Dawn is the corrupted Scarlet Crusade, and the other half is all the good redeemed people. Hence the paths; the Crusade people being more offensive, and the Dawn being more defensive. The Exorcist is Crusade, so it's offensive.

I like your ideas! I'm definitely using the Corruption thing. But I'm changing it so that it's "Lightflame Daggers" (they don't consider themselves corrupted, but bringers of the light). It will do very good damage, and like you said be 4 seconds long (I'm actually thinking longer then that), but can stack. This way you need lots of them to be really good, they are "hero hunters". I'm using aeromeld as well :). But, it's not necessarily a caster unit, so it wont have the third ability. Thanks for the ideas!

And happy new year!

Ahh sorry I thought you wrote Undead, lol I should really have a sleep or rest :D

kingbdogz

Reaction score
I'll check in one sec.
Just one comment on your Gryphon Vanguard unit, isn't it a bit plain for an Anti Air unit? It doesn't really have anything special apart from high damage to air. Maybe you could give it like a Shock Hammer ability that stuns the targeted unit for 5 seconds allowing air units to rip apart at the enemy unit. I may be wrong though, you know more about the units then I do.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Hmm it does have Charge... Do you just mean a stun? It gave me an idea. maybe they could have something along the lines of "Holy Snare" where the Gryphon Vanguard can pull units up into the air and hold them there, so other Gryphon Vanguards can kill them.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Hmm it does have Charge... Do you just mean a stun? It gave me an idea. maybe they could have something along the lines of "Holy Snare" where the Gryphon Vanguard can pull units up into the air and hold them there, so other Gryphon Vanguards can kill them.

Wouldn't that make it more of a multipurpose unit, it wouldn't really make it an Anti Air unit.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Damnsit your right. I wouldn't want something like Aerial Shackles though. Hmmph. Maybe a hammer idea like you said, but it knocks them to the ground so melee units can make them their pinata?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Wouldn't that make it more of a multipurpose unit, it wouldn't really make it an Anti Air unit.

Well why don't you add a special unit just for this mission? Like the only droids that are produced die in the end of the mission before they are in mass production... be creative!

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Damnsit your right. I wouldn't want something like Aerial Shackles though. Hmmph. Maybe a hammer idea like you said, but it knocks them to the ground so melee units can make them their pinata?

LOL@ Pinata. Although it would be awesome to let ground units attack them like pinatas, it would make it's air attack useless since it can no longer attack the grounded unit. Plus what if you don't have ground units with you? You can't use the hammer then not be able to attack the unit. Sorry if I'm being too negative just trying to make this Project the best it can possibly be. :)

wc3shady

Reaction score
Sorry if I'm being too negative just trying to make this Project the best it can possibly be.
That's my line!

And now I love it.

BUt, it would mean you'd have to strategize.

Like how most caster abilities are useless without ground units around them.

EDIT Added new chapter to the Scepter of the Dark Titan

kingbdogz

Reaction score
That's my line!

And now I love it.

BUt, it would mean you'd have to strategize.

Like how most caster abilities are useless without ground units around them.

I guess that would make it even less of a multipurpose unit as well since it requires others (ground units in this case) to finish the job. I think the Hammer idea is good :thup:

wc3shady

Reaction score
Although, they don't even really need the hammer idea to be good anti air. It wouuld just be extra anti air crowd control. I need a Yay or a Neigh

wc3shady

Reaction score
It's a yay then

You know what, the Scarlet Dawn is finished idea wise :D

I'll start thinkin' up some ideas for a human race (Act 2).

wc3shady

Reaction score
Hey you guys, I've been working on that cinematic again, and when I go to test it the cinematic doesn't start. Any ideas?

wc3shady

Reaction score
Triple Post!!!

This is my logo so far:
2jdhw95.jpg

So that's what I've done after playing around and learning GIMP for an hour. Now, I've tried, and I've failed horribly, at making the "IV" and the New Age and getting a good background.

Does anybody want to finish it?

I need:

- A background, with one side a misty darkish green and the other side a misty darkish grey.
- IV in the same grey? the same green? both? You decide what looks best.
- "the New Age" on the background, with it glowing a misty darkish red.
- Recolor "Warcraft" to what seems fit

+++++ Rep if you help finish it!

Thanks!

EDIT Warcraft Font Set

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Do you need help on triggers? I'm already helping the other two..

wc3shady

Reaction score
lol yeah sure.

Here are the heroes on the first post :
(I put a + next to the non-triggered abilities)

Darion Mograine
Death Knight

Abilities

Death Coil - (Unit Targetable) Damages an enemy for 150/300/400 or heals an allied undead unit for 200/400/600 health. (+, but you will need to make it anyways for the ultimate)
Corpse Explosion - (Unit Targetable) Targets an organic unit corpse and explodes it, dealing AoE damage.
Unholy Ground - (Area Targetable) Desecrates the ground with unholy energy, causing all units within it to take 10/20/30% more damage.
One With Death - (Ultimate; Passive) Grants mastery over your unholy powers, enhancing each of your skills.
- Death Coil - Now returns health equal to 50% of damage dealt.
- Corpse Explosion - Targets killed by corpse explosion now explode as well, dealing diminished AoE damage.
- Unholy Ground - Any unit killed on unholy ground is revived as a ghoul minion. Minions have low health but are excellent fodder for corpse explosion.

Arthas
Lich King

Abilities

Frostmourne Hungers - (Passive) The runeblade Frostmourne eats souls - whenever the Lich King kills a unit, he becomes stronger, healing him for 75/150/225, and increasing his damage by 10/15/20, stacks up to three times.
Frozen Wrath - (Area Targetable) The Lich King unleashes his wrath upon an area, dealing 200/400/600 damage to each unit it hits, and freezes them. If a frozen unit is attacked, it will become unfrozen and there is a chance that the unit will shatter, dealing an additional 400 damage.
Unholy Prison - (Unit Targetable) The Lich King imprisons a target enemy unit, dealing 50/100/200 damage per 3 seconds for 15 seconds, keeping the target from attacking units. If the target dies, it is transformed into an Unholy Soul (with the ability Soul Hunger, which is like a close range v of dark arrow), and when the DoT ends, it explodes and attacks every enemy unit around the cage (fan of knives) dealing 400 damage per unit. If this kills a unit, the unit will become a ghoul minion.
King of Undeath - (Ultimate; Non-Targetable) Summons two Skeletal Giants per corpse around the Lich King, with a max of 8 corpses. (+)

wc3shady

Reaction score
Pics!!! From the Azjol-Nerub part of Assault At Angrathar.

20qic5c.jpg
20qic5c.jpg

Also, does anyone have any advice on getting more replies to this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.