Campaign Warcraft IV: The New Age - |Map of the Week #10|

Status
Not open for further replies.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hmm it would make sense if it was a demonic artifact... possibly called the Eye of Flames, the Heart of Flames, or the Molten Core, or something like that... I need somewhere fiery. Maybe something from the Tomb of Sargeras, where Illidan found his eye. It definitely has to be demonic.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Hmm it would make sense if it was a demonic artifact... possibly called the Eye of Flames, the Heart of Flames, or the Molten Core, or something like that... I need somewhere fiery. Maybe something from the Tomb of Sargeras, where Illidan found his eye. It definitely has to be demonic.

Maybe a Skull of an important Necromancer that was buried in a Graveyard? When flesh touches the skull, it gives searing pain to the holder and the Skull catches on fire. Perhaps the Death Knight needs to find a special pouch to hold the Skull and return it safely to the Lich King.

wc3shady

Reaction score
I actually just got finished rewriting the campaign, and I'm about to change the first campaign's name to the Scepter of the Dark Titan. When he was still Ner'zhul, when he was insane and creating all the portals that ripped Draenor apart, one of the artifacts he used was the Jeweled Scepter of Sargeras. This was one of the artifacts sent back through the portal to Azeroth when the humans on Draenor were closing it. Now (my lore) it is being protected on Kul Tiras. So, the Lich King sends Darion Mograine to get it.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
I actually just got finished rewriting the campaign, and I'm about to change the first campaign's name to the Scepter of the Dark Titan. When he was still Ner'zhul, when he was insane and creating all the portals that ripped Draenor apart, one of the artifacts he used was the Jeweled Scepter of Sargeras. This was one of the artifacts sent back through the portal to Azeroth when the humans on Draenor were closing it. Now (my lore) it is being protected on Kul Tiras. So, the Lich King sends Darion Mograine to get it.

Sounds cool :thup:

wc3shady

Reaction score

So guys, the Prologue Cinematic, Vengeance Beckons, is coming out really well! For the first part (A camera looking over seas, look at the prologue on the first post), its awesome because the camera begins looking through some really close rocks (stalagmite) with some big icebergs, and farther back I made more icebergs only they're smaller and I made them darker, so it looks like you're looking into the distance. Also, with the help of a couple of lighting tutorials on wc3campaigns, I made the water look icy with the light and I made a sun at the end, and with blue fog and wind, it is doing really well. I am very pleased with myself, so I had to come brag to you all. I will release the prologue without the map, before I have voice actors. I have all of the fog/lighting/terrain done for all of it, I just need to create the cinematic and triggers to actually watch it. So, keep tuned, it will be with you within the next few days!

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Me be waitinz. :) Sounds cool.
Nice heroes. Partly simple but works out well.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

G

Gregoriovich

It all sounds great :), if you get this out, it'll be my first time playing a melee map of sorts on warcraft. Ever.

Best of luck :D

wc3shady

Reaction score
Ty you guys =-)

Anyways, all the cinematics are just about done, I need someone to be very helpful and help find me some music for it, I will put you on my contributors list.
I need
- A calm piece, but a little upbeat so it seems a little restless
- A more "angry" piece for war
- And then something really epic
These pieces will have to flow together

Thanks!

EDIT - Hey I added Contributors/Open Positions section, I need a voice actor as well!

wc3shady

Reaction score
Because of changes to the storyline, I'm reworking the Undead Techtree.

Now, certain nerubians will be able to make Sinkholes. (If any of you have played LOTR: BFME 2, this is like the Goblin Tunnel). Say you make two sinkholes. You can garrison say two nerubians in one of them, in every sinkhole you will see two nerubians. Now, if you remove one nerubian from anywhere, there will be only one nerubian left in the sinkhole. This way, with Sinkholes, Nerubian units can teleport across the map.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Ty you guys =-)

Anyways, all the cinematics are just about done, I need someone to be very helpful and help find me some music for it, I will put you on my contributors list.
I need
- A calm piece, but a little upbeat so it seems a little restless
- A more "angry" piece for war
- And then something really epic
These pieces will have to flow together

Thanks!

EDIT - Hey I added Contributors/Open Positions section, I need a voice actor as well!

Here is the first piece of music, not sure if it is what your looking for:

BTW I was thinking of making Nerubian Holes just before I read your post xD

Attachments

• Calm Cinematic Song.zip
    333.9 KB · Views: 265

wc3shady

Reaction score
Yeah, I had settled on a teleportation some time ago, but I wasn't sure which idea to implement and I finally decided.

Also you didn't post any music.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Yeah, I had settled on a teleportation some time ago, but I wasn't sure which idea to implement and I finally decided.

Also you didn't post any music.

Sorry the music was an invalid file (TheHelper.net can't upload mp3's for some reason) so I had to put it in a zip. It's up now.

NOTE: the song is quite short, but it may be good looped or it may be short enough.

wc3shady

Reaction score
OMG! Thanks ! I actually heard this song, and I thought it was perfect for my cinematic, only I didn't know what it was called. Thanks so much!! + Rep 4 Help!

EDIT

Now I just need something a little calmer, just for the beginning of the map.

EDIT 2

I lied! It's all good.

EDIT 3

The music is good, but other bad news )-= I need to rewrite the cinematic, so it wont be with you guys til after New Years.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
OMG! Thanks ! I actually heard this song, and I thought it was perfect for my cinematic, only I didn't know what it was called. Thanks so much!! + Rep 4 Help!

EDIT

Now I just need something a little calmer, just for the beginning of the map.

EDIT 2

I lied! It's all good.

EDIT 3

The music is good, but other bad news )-= I need to rewrite the cinematic, so it wont be with you guys til after New Years.

Remember to give credits to Gev as well, he made it. (He is a Member here)

wc3shady

Reaction score
Gave credits to Gev.

Anyways, I just learned how to use GIMP and I'm sort of a noob at it. I learned to clone images and stuff, and I based my logo as the WoW one. (Trying my hand at it, kingbdogz). Well, I got rid of the part that says "World of" and the globe, and I'm not sure how I can make more writing like the way blizzard does it with warcraft. Can anyone help me out?

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Gave credits to Gev.

Anyways, I just learned how to use GIMP and I'm sort of a noob at it. I learned to clone images and stuff, and I based my logo as the WoW one. (Trying my hand at it, kingbdogz). Well, I got rid of the part that says "World of" and the globe, and I'm not sure how I can make more writing like the way blizzard does it with warcraft. Can anyone help me out?

I've tried doing the Warcraft Font, I failed badly so I ended up with the Holy Writing I made my self (you know the IV writing).

wc3shady

Reaction score
Oh wow I didn't know you could make your own font in gimp.

EDIT Oh wait you have photoshop not gimp, can you make your own font in gimp?

kingbdogz

Reaction score
No you cannot make your own font in gimp or photoshop, (I think) I had to draw the IV myself and do all the glow for the light effect.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Ah well.. I'll do some more work on it. Anyways, I need ideas for the Exorcist for the Scarlet Dawn.

Exorcist

1. Information
The Exorcists were priestly torturers of the Scarlet Crusade. They have good intent, but were driven insane and attempt to exorcise their foes.
2. Purpose
??? Weak but good damage, like a ranged zealot but less extreme in its damage/defense
3. Cost
4. Statistics
Hit Points: 400 Armor: 2 Damage: 19-23 Range: Short Cooldown: 1.1 Sight: 200
5. Upgrades
Requires Scarlet Vengeance
6. Abilities
???
7. Concept/Model
Female? Throws daggers. Need more ideas.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Ah well.. I'll do some more work on it. Anyways, I need ideas for the Exorcist for the Scarlet Dawn.

How about strong armour, high hp but low damage. That way you have a kind of Tanky spellcaster. For appearance it should look similar to the Banshee but alive, it should also through small daggers. For spells:

Corruption Dagger:
The Exorcist throws a powerful dagger tipped with a Corrupted enchantment at a Targeted unit. The targeted unit receives a Corruption Buff that lasts 4 seconds but can be stacked. If the unit is killed with the buff, it rises as a zombie. Is Autocasted.

Aeromeld:
The Exorcist fly's up to the sky and floats allowing only air units to see it. While the Exorcist is floating in the sky, it cannot move, use spells or attack until it has landed.

Unholy Rest:
Passive. Requires upgrade. When the Exorcist dies, it's body explodes and it's unholy spirit spirals upwards into the sky. Any air unit it touches takes 30 damage.

BTW Happy New Year =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.