Weird Map Crash - Can a guru mapper tell me why?

Jarko89

Reaction score
My advice to the OP is to check the map for infinite loops. That is most often the cause of random crashes.

i dont know how to find infinite loops! thats the problem!! for me it seems there are just no infinite loops... can u give a check?

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
What is your decay time set to for the bones? With most people such as my self the value is altered, change the decay time of the bones to 15 secounds then do a trigger trying to revive the unit 30 secounds after it died.

That is because the unit is removed before the timer/wait expires. Not because dieing unit is not MUI.

you dont only want to take into account how many leaks thru out the game but also how many leaks at one time, I have been able to run a map with no lag with more them 1 million leaks, but if I create 1,000 leaks at once it crashes.

That's not a problem with leaks, that's because you're hitting the op limit (the maximum number of things you can do at once), not because you run out of memory.

Research something before you argue it.

i dont know how to find infinite loops! thats the problem!! for me it seems there are just no infinite loops... can u give a check?

You can check by looking at your events. For example, if you have an event that runs when a unit dies, and you have the trigger create a unit and kill it, it will run the trigger again, which runs itself again, which runs itself again, which runs itself agai.... You can prevent these by making the trigger turn itself off before doing something that runs the event, and turning it back on after killing the unit.

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
the max things that can be ran at one time is well over 1,000 , I belive it is around 18,000, so you should follow your own advice, a lot of leaks at once can crash a game and it is a proven fact.

Ps I have already looked thru his triggers and he has no inf loops.

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
well i doubt that there is any trigger in the map that creates 18000+ leaks at once... so its probably not leaks that cause the crash

Cloak_Master

Reaction score
Sorry Darth, but your test lacks a controlled atmosphere. Test the trigger in a map using a fair amount of virtual memory (with units, triggers, music, terrtain, etc.) not just in a vaccum of small leaks.

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
I actualy belive what is causeing the crash is an edited unit or some thing like that, his map does have a lot of leaks, but not enought to crash the game. Sence there are no self repeating loops (inf loops) the only thing left that I can think of is a problim with a unit, I have noticed in my own map that setting a units missile art and adjusting the speed of the missile can lead to bad lag and just straight crashes.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.