windwalk as a pre-learned ability

ellspeedy

Reaction score
i have a custom hero that i want to have the ability windwalk, however i want him to start off with it and not have to learn it, any ideas?
thanks in advance

ZugZugZealot

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • PickHero
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing ((90.00 - (45.00 / 2.00)) + (Random real number between 0.00 and 45.00)) degrees
      • Hero - Learn skill for (Last created unit): Wind Walk

Perhaps something like this? <_<

P.S. Mind not the angle facing, that's just something that has the unit face a random angle in a general area.

ellspeedy

Reaction score
does that windwalk have more levels or its only 1 level ?
yes it has one lvl =)

Trigger:
  • PickHero
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing ((90.00 - (45.00 / 2.00)) + (Random real number between 0.00 and 45.00)) degrees
      • Hero - Learn skill for (Last created unit): Wind Walk

Perhaps something like this? <_<

P.S. Mind not the angle facing, that's just something that has the unit face a random angle in a general area.

just tired that and it didnt quite work, the hero was created but did not have the wind walk ability :S

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
You'd need to either add the ability "Unit add ability" or have it as a Hero Ability, add it to your hero in the object editor and then learn it as mentioned above.

ellspeedy

Reaction score
iv got another question now, and its basicly the same idea so im guna post it in the thread instead of creating a new one.
i have a building where players can select a hero from. now each hero has a custom ability and il use the Blademaster (since he was the original idea of this post) as an example. he has vanish (its basicly the same as windwalk with a few changes, and i like to change the names cos we all get bored of same old names :p ). i want vanish to be a pre-learnt ability so that when the player picks the BM from the building he 'pops' out with vanish as an ability ready to be used...but i cant work out a trigger (is it a trigger i need to use?) to get this to work??
any ideas?
thanks in advance

reyghost

Reaction score
I think I dindnt understand it very well becasue it seems the same thing to me.
I f vanish has only 1 level set it in the "abilities-Normal" field in the object editor.To change names of abilities,just change the respective fields in the object editor for abilities.

ellspeedy

Reaction score
yeh iv done all that but thats not the problem :p
instead of the player having to 'learn' Vanish as a level up point i want the hero to automatically have it as an ability...get it? :D

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
If you keep it in the Abilities - Normal field...the hero will have it automatically.

Triggering wise you could use:

Trigger:
  • Trigger1:
    • Events:
      • A unit enters &lt;Your buying region here&gt;
    • Conditions:
      • Unit type of (Triggering unit) Equal to &lt;Your unit type here&gt;
    • Actions:
      • Unit - Add &lt;ability&gt; to (Triggering unit)

...event to trigger the addition of abilities to a unit.

reyghost

Reaction score
There are 3 fields that concern abilities in the obj editor,abilties-Hero,where you place your normal abilities(hero);abilities-Default(or something like that);and abilities-Normal,wich is where the inventory ability is,well in this field add your vanish and your hero will always appear with vanish "learnt".the con is that this is normal abilities,wich cannot be levelled using hero skill points.

Damn you moridin :p,im so slow

ellspeedy

Reaction score
If you keep it in the Abilities - Normal field...the hero will have it automatically.

Triggering wise you could use:

Trigger:
  • Trigger1:
    • Events:
      • A unit enters &lt;Your buying region here&gt;
    • Conditions:
      • Unit type of (Triggering unit) Equal to &lt;Your unit type here&gt;
    • Actions:
      • Unit - Add &lt;ability&gt; to (Triggering unit)

...event to trigger the addition of abilities to a unit.

well u cant put a hero ability into the normal ability field so thats out the window :p

but the trigger works fine =D
cheers m8
oh yeh and one last question :p
in my hero tavern building i want it so that when a hero is chosen it is removed from the building so that he cannot be chosen again...any ideashow to do this?

reyghost

Reaction score
the only difference between hero and normal abilities is necesary level,level skip and all that minor things,you can make vanish normal ability so can put it there and it will remin the same,then if you still want to level it you can do it via trigger for ex: for hero levels 1,3,5 or any level sequence you want.
For new question,I think there is an action like "make (unit) unavailable for training"(or something similar),though i cant find it ^^.

ellspeedy

Reaction score
aaaa i think i c what u mean about the abilities thing =)
and yeh thats the sort of trigger i was looking for but i cant find it either =( lol
there is a way though cos iv seen it in maps :)

reyghost

Reaction score
Found it
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Player - Make your unit available for training/construction by Player 1 (red)

ellspeedy

Reaction score
ok thats the one im looking for =D
however i need the event to be

event - player selects (as in buys it from the building) <insert hero here>

but i cant find that?
ideas? :)

ellspeedy

Reaction score
aaa dw m8 iv sorted it =D
Trigger:
  • Red MK
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Red hero &lt;gen&gt;
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Mountain King
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Storm Hammer to (Triggering unit)
      • Player - Make Mountain King Unavailable for training/construction by Player 1 (Red)

thx for all the help guys =D

tiennen07

Reaction score
well u cant put a hero ability into the normal ability field so thats out the window :p

but the trigger works fine =D
cheers m8
oh yeh and one last question :p
in my hero tavern building i want it so that when a hero is chosen it is removed from the building so that he cannot be chosen again...any ideashow to do this?

set the quantity for the hero in the tavern to "1"

and set the recharge rate to an astronomically high number (not sure if you'd even need to do this)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.