World editor unlimited: Huge size?

SrL04

Reaction score
Hello. I just recently downloaded WEU so I could make a map that is around 350 by 350 in size, but when I did...it went up to 6MB! That's just INSANE! And I unchecked all of the other stuff like advanced triggers and whatnot...I just don't understand why this happened, can someone please explain/help me figure this so that the size is smaller? Thank you in advance. +rep

zylack

Reaction score
if you just took out those features you may need to open your map and save it again...i dunno y but after i do sum thing like that it seems to decrease my map size a lot. but be carefull...i've damaged one of my maps by giving it advanced triggers and then taking them out...then i couldnt save it again. Make sure u have a copy of it.

K

Krelian

yeah when i saw that i was like "this is excelent" and made a 500x500 or so map, and the it size was gargantuan... only world editor size maps get small size :(

The worst, i think u cant play games with more than 4000Kb in B.net

SrL04

Reaction score
Thanks! But I can't try it now >< My mom took my CD and I quit WE accidentaly...+ rep dragon man :)

M

Masterfrog

Every map that is arager than 256x256 gets insanely large because a lot of modifications has to be done just to let you do it. Oftenmost it's not worth it, so just stick with 256, but it's there as an option for those who really need it, wich is good.

SrL04

Reaction score
Ok...wow!...the map I created was abour 4 mb, and when I saved, it went down to 45k!!! THANK YOU!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.