X-Men: Mutant Wars! (Yes it's a Remake)

E

Elf-Beast

I am currently in the process of extensively editing the common X-Men map out there with permission from OrangeElf, the original maker. The map is almost done, but I need someone to make a hero for me, or help me make a hero.
For those of you who haven't played it, the original map works like this:

There are three teams, each with a base positioned across the map. Each team has four heroes from the X-Men comics. The goal of the map is to quickly gain levels fighting off anti-mutant protestors so you can destroy your enemies' base.
Teamwork is essential to effectively leveling, well sort of.

My improved version has these added features:

Altered Team Bases. The goal is now more of an assassination mission where each team has to kill their enemies' leader. The leader is a powerful boss with abilities ranging between each team.

Teams are now divided and players may only select heroes from that team.
Teams: X-Men - Leader Professor X
Brotherhood - Leader Magneto
Agents of Apocalypse - Leader Apocalypse

Added more shops, including a shop to hire units.

All players generate gold very slowly and lumber moderately slow. Lumber is used to purchase units from the team base. (Such as Young Mutants, Acolytes, or Soldiers from an Alternate Timeline)

More items added and effects altered. Now if you buy the item with your hero's name in it you gain bonuses. For instance, if Wolverine bought Wolverine's Claws, he gains double damage when using his Draw Claws ability, but takes more penalty damage.

Added many spells including triggered spells and ultimates

Created more challlenging bosses such as Mojo, Shadowking, and Morlock Revolutionist.

Altered terrain to remove disadvantages some teams had

Removed pointless heros or heroes that weren't neccessary narrowing 10 heroes to each race.

Added more powerup items to restore health/mana so it isn't so easy to die to creeps.

Gave heroes Charged Teleporting Items to reduce travel time.

Allowed towers to be upgraded to give users options for defense.

Added death penalties. (Gold lost and wait time determined by level)

Needless to say, I've been a busy bee trying to finish all this by myself. As a result 3 heroes won't be put out when I release this map due to lack of time. Rogue, Sauron, and Mystique are all unit/ability altering heroes that I just don't have time for right now. If anyone is interested in helping me, please post with ideas/suggestions/criticism/hatemail. I can take a punch or two. (Ideas for gameplay would help too, as the original map is pretty boring and I'm trying my best to spice it up)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.