Xmen : The Resistance[Partner Wanted]

shiFt

Reaction score
Xmen : The Resistance

Background Info
I have been working on this map for a couple of months now. It is based on the marvel comic , Xmen. It is pretty much completed just needs a few finishing touches from somebody that knows what they are doing in terms of triggers etc. Whoever is interested in helping is welcome to reply i need the map functions optimized as they have become a bit messy with constant updates, i need to put a credits system in place( as in the f9 menu or sumthng), and somebody who can just help me to rewrite a few of the maps triggers .

Gameplay
The gameplay is basicaly an Aos. the map originally was a 4v4 and had 3 forces i had to use a player for the 3rd force. After reading about making a hostile creep into a player foorce i changed it to a 5v5, with some minor bugs here and there. You are basically on a mutant force with other team members trying to defend off the military force aka Purifiers (3rd force) aswell as the opposing player controlled force. All the heros are from xmen and all have unique abilities and colour schemes, much thought was given into each hero with its own unique strategy in place.

Items
The map contains items and item recipes, However i did not want to make a system where the players find out what items they needed immeadiatly when trying to make an item, in other words i hid all the recipe requirements as to make players think and improvise on how to make certian items. This was soon changed as i realized that thinking in a map that isnt Dota was apparently 'gay'. I would like to make a new system with my new hopefull partner that balanced the two elements of user freindlyness and still being a challenge to make them.

Terrain
The terrain is pretty much final, its set in snow and is pretty much playable, plenty of places to hide and sneak in the 3 main lanes aswell as heavily forested areas. Input is also appreciated in this field eventhough it is pretty much finalised.

Changes
General map functions are still pretty primative and still seem to have that Dota template Cookie cutter feel to them, for example the basic mundane Dota style multiboard. I would very much l ike help on breaking free form the Dota convention in maps that is so hard to make playable to a Bnet that has become so Dota reliant. I would also like to create a new kill system but i have run out of ideas and methods with which to make it.

Sourcing
The map has been hosted on epicwar so you can track the progress there, they mainly contain minor bugs and balance fixes but i need a partner to finish off the major balances. The map as is, is playable. but i would like to just finally polish it off from its Dota-like mold and make it something of its own, and hopefully with the help of a partner this can b e successfully achieved.

Requirments
Preferably somebody with real mapmaking experience that can fix simple bugs and help to rewrite and optimize triggers and help improve gameplay with some creative contribution.
Email any replies here or to the maps dedicated email address [email protected]
Thanks

shiFt

Latest Link:

http://epicwar.com/maps/58176/

Storm doing her namesake. Hard to get good screenies wen ur working alone :(

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
It would attract more people if it was more flashy. Add some color, space out the blocks of text, change font sizes, and add screenshots.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.