Cant move dummy unit?

zero9x

Reaction score
Hi guys, i have a custom shockwave ability, that will deals dmg and -50% mana of every units in a line. But when i cast it, the dummy dont move and just standing... Can you guys help me to fix it plz :(? I tried to fix it in 1 day but i still cant...

Trigger:
Trigger:
  • EnergyBarage
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) Energy Barrage
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set SpellLevel = (Level of Energy Barrage for Caster)
      • Set A_Duration = 15.00
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of Caster)
      • Set TempPoint2 = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit Group - Remove all units from EnergyBarrage_Hit
      • Unit - Create 1 Energy Barrage for (Owner of Caster) at TempPoint facing TempPoint2
      • Unit - Add a A_Duration second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Set EnergyBarrage_Dummy = (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint2)
      • Trigger - Turn on EnergyBarrage Move <gen>

Trigger:
  • EnergyBarage Move
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.02 seconds of game time
    • Actions
      • Set A_Real = 500.00
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of EnergyBarrage_Dummy)
      • Set TempPoint2 = (TempPoint offset by (A_Real / 25.00) towards (Facing of EnergyBarrage_Dummy) degrees)
      • Unit - Move EnergyBarrage_Dummy instantly to TempPoint2
      • Set AAGroup = (Units within 150.00 of TempPoint2 matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to (==) False) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to (==) True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Caster)) Equal to (==) True))))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in AAGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause Caster to damage (Picked unit), dealing (100.00 + (100.00 x (Real((Level of Energy Barrage for Caster))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Magic
          • Unit - Set mana of (Picked unit) to ((Mana of (Picked unit)) / 2.00)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Weapons\SpiritOfVengeanceMissile\SpiritOfVengeanceMissile.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to EnergyBarrage_Hit
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup( udg_AAGroup )
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint2)
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

My demo map: View attachment EnergyBarage.w3x

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Are you sure the dummy can move? If it's not set up to move normally, it won't change position when moved by a sliding trigger.

zero9x

Reaction score
It cant move, i tried. When i cast the spell, the dummy appear at my position and just stand on there.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Why are you turning off the trigger? Leave it on, and add a condition that units in EnergyBarrage_Hit won't be damaged again.

zero9x

Reaction score
Can you let me know that condition plz, i really really need it :D (sorry, im still new with GUI)

jnZ

I
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Set AAGroup = (Units within 150.00 of TempPoint2 matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to (==) False) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to (==) True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Caster)) Equal to (==) True))))

change this to:

Trigger:
  • Set AAGroup = (Units within 150.00 of TempPoint2 matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to (==) False) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to (==) True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Caster)) Equal to (==) True) and (((Matching unit) is in Unitgroup (EnergyBarrage_Hit)) Equal to (==) false)))

it should be in Conditions > Boolean comparisons > Unit in Unitgroup

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.