Cant remove unit(s)

zero9x

Reaction score
I change the Shukuchi ability (Weaver from DotA) to: When caster move through a enemy, creat 1 unit-type of picked unit and order that unit to attack the enemy.

But i have some problems:

First if i move through a hero, it will creat a unit-type of target hero [Locust] (if i add Expiration Timer to last created unit, that unit will die and he will revive in my side with Permanent Invulnerable, not Locust)

Second, i tried to use (Wait 2+(Real(Level of Shukuchi for Casting unit))) and Remove Last Created Unit, but its not working.

Can you guys show me how to remove a unit? Cuz i cant do anything to fix it...

(For example: like Dota Spectre's Haunt, creat a unit-type of Casting Unit for each enemy hero, after 5 seconds that unit will remove without losing any gold :( )

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
Hmm,

Create a Unit Variable, name it Dummy_Unit or whatever you wish, when the caster moves through an enemy unit and your dummy unit is created, Set Last Created Unit = Dummy_Unit , than Add an Generic Expiration Timer to Dummy_Unit set to 5 seconds or whatever your choice, after this action, Order Dummy_Unit to Attack Picked Unit (or whichever you want to attack.) , Make sure when creating the Dummy Unit, to create it under Casters Ownership, (example, Player 1 is caster, create Dummy Unit for Player 1.)

Ps. If i understood your request right, than that should be just fine, im sure there are others who might give you an even better solution, or even correct mine, but however, give it a try and see if it works out for you ,best of luck :thup:

zero9x

Reaction score
Here is the trigger:
Trigger:
  • Trigger 1:
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) Transparent (Wind Walk)
    • Actions
      • Set ShukuchiCaster = (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Set ShukuchiCaster movement speed to 600.00
      • Trigger - Turn on Trigger 2 <gen>

Trigger:
  • Trigger 2:
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.20 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set ShukuchiCasterPoint = (Position of ShukuchiCaster)
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
        • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • (ShukuchiCaster has buff Transparent ) Equal to (==) False
          • Then - Actions
            • Unit - Set ShukuchiCaster movement speed to (Default movement speed of ShukuchiCaster)
            • Unit Group - Remove all units from ShukuchiGroup
            • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
          • Else - Actions
            • Do nothing
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 100.00 of ShukuchiCasterPoint matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to (==) False) and ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of ShukuchiCaster)) Equal to (==) True) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to (==) True)))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) is in ShukuchiGroup) Not equal to (!=) True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to ShukuchiGroup
              • Set AALoc1 = (Position of (Picked unit))
              • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) for (Owner of ShukuchiCaster) at AALoc1 facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
              • Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s vertex coloring to (0.00%, 33.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
              • Unit - Add Locust to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack (Picked unit)
              • Wait 5.00 seconds
              • Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_AALoc1)
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_ShukuchiCasterPoint)

Can you answer for me, why i cant remove the unit? I use "wait" action but it isnt work...

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
"Last created unit" might be getting overwritten. Have you tried adding an expiration timer?

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
I dont know for sure, but i think i've heard it before not to use waits within loops, Dont know for sure! :( , But whichever the case, remove that wait action, and just simply add an Action that Adds a Generic Timer to the Last Created Unit , and that will certainly fix it up.

zero9x

Reaction score
My map its a AoS map like dota, if my hero dies, the game will take 200 gold from me.

So when i move through a enemy's hero. It will creat a "unit-type of that Enemy" [Hero, creep...], and i (add 5s generic timer for "Last created unit"), after 5s the game said
"You killed your self (-200 gold)"

After that, the unit will revive as a hero -> so i can control him, order him to use some abilities... this is dangerous now...

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Are you trying to create an illusion of the target? You might want to check out WolfieeifloW's Phantom Dash in the Tutorials and Resources section.

zero9x

Reaction score
His Phantom Dash is cool!

But i wish he change the dash to Wind Walk and creat illusion when walk through a enemy... Cuz im not good with Jass.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Give it an expiration timer and change your hero revive trigger to filter certain units out. Maybe by giving them a dummy ability you can check for.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.