CorelDraw X3 : Error 1606, With A Box!!!

K

katman

I am trying to install CorelDraw Grahpics Suite x3, midway through the installation process up pops the following:

"Error 1606. Could not access network location □."

IT DOES NOT SAY WHAT NETWORK LOCATION IT CANT ACCESS, it just shows a 'box' what the heck is that? So how am I to figure out what it is that Im supposed to fix!!!

Ok I've been all over the net and cant find a solution. Nothing so far I have come across has solved the problem; in fact I've not seen the problem anywhere else as well.

PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!

F

fratleyslaye

Try being connected to the internet??

Goto Start -> Control Panel -> Network Connections

Make sure both say connected while installing/downloading

K

katman

Internet is running just fine, no problems there at all.

What installation file do you mean?

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
The CorelDRAW installation file. I have the trial. If you have the key, I can send you the installation file and you can activate it.

K

katman

oh ok, but I have the original software. The problem is clearly a windows issue but windows is so out of whack it wont tell me exactly what is the problem and replaces the vital piece of information with a "box" symbol. I was hoping someone might have come across this same problem and knows what it is that this 'deaf and dumb' windows system is trying to say about the error. Im hoping to correct the problem without having to resort to rolling back the system or even reinstallation (yikes!) Or perhapse I'll just drop-kick the whole stinking PC right off the roof (sorry, thats the anger talking). But thanks for your offer.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
You could reinstall windows, but all your custom settings will be reverted to default...

K

katman

Like I said, I was hoping to avoid that. Thanks and if you come across another idea or someone who has been there, please let me know. :)

K

katman

thanks but like i said, ive tried all the places including microsoft; its not the same error. my error ends with a "box" this one is the admistrator problem from upgrading and I didnt upgrade. In any case ive checked all the 'error 1606' everywhere there are variations to the same problem and I've tried them all. but thanks anyway.

C

cfnasc

windows 2000 sp4

having the same problem on XP. but it works on w2k sp4.

any ideas?

A

AstroTiger

I am trying to install CorelDraw Grahpics Suite x3, midway through the installation process up pops the following:

IT DOES NOT SAY WHAT NETWORK LOCATION IT CANT ACCESS, it just shows a 'box' what the heck is that? So how am I to figure out what it is that Im supposed to fix!!!

Ok I've been all over the net and cant find a solution. Nothing so far I have come across has solved the problem; in fact I've not seen the problem anywhere else as well.

PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!

Same thing happen to me... how did you fix it???

E

evilx

Hello fellow Corel Users: After buying Corel X3 and getting that awful 1606 Error message, I did try the RegEdit Solution but without success. I finally found my way to the Corel Update & Patches page and downloaded the patches and installed them. Then finally, after 2 days of trying, I succeeded in getting Corel to Install:

Go to the address below and install Hot Patch Number 1.

It is a 3 step process, first download it, then execute it, then reboot your PC and try the Corel Installation again. Good Luck (P.S. if you were smart enough to find your way to this posting then you are smart enough to fix this Corel Bug - plus this ordeal has to have made you smarter. So take a deep breath and let's get this 1606 fixed!)

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?c=Content_C1&cid=1153321224268&lc=en&pagename=CorelCom%2FLayout&pid=1151092456309

Resumiendo... entren al link, bajen Hot Patch Number 1...instalen y listo....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.