Fate of www.wc3sear.ch

Mind

Reaction score
Reading the ban-list of www.wc3sear.ch, I don't feel very optimistic about its destiny.

Tyrannous, unauthoritair administrators constantly abolish its members. Malevolent terrorists cause major chaos and havoc, and fire bullets into the crowd at random.

How will Darky solve this calamitous situation? Is there still a brighter future for www.wc3sear.ch?

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
haha, I guess that's what eventually happens to forums that get that popular. That is why I hope that these forums never get as popular as that because similar havoc is likely to erupt.

some warnings / bans seem a little strange.......
Reviving old thread's is bad. You Post Was Deleted

taking the liberty to judge resources without checking them first

Discussing a member is against the rules.

others seem very justified.........
Flaming another member.

map stealing

No Nazi Maps

Map stealing. Those maps you have your name on belong to another mapper.

You have submitted a stolen map. The map was deleted.

Model thievery

haha, these ones are for dark:
And PLEASE learn to type. No one who uses "plz" instead of "please" should expect ANYTHING done for them

it says "DON'T POST REQUESTS", you don't post requests. And if English is your first language, YOUR SPELLING SUCKS. I'VE SEEN BETTER GRAMMER FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T HEARD OF ENGLISH FOR THEIR ENTIRE LIVES!

Given the amount of traffic they get on the forums, I think the moderators there are doing a pretty good job. If you want to blame anyone, blame Darky for turning a blind eye to this sort of thing from the start. Every time someone on the battle.net forums tried to tell him what was wrong with his site, he blatantly ignored them. And this includes the respected veteran mapmakers (who he ignored).

Darky is technically a nice guy, but I got very annoyed at him for not addressing what we all saw coming. If he did anything to seriously address the problems now, I would be very surprised.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Its not the ONE thread revival offesnse that does it.

Its MASS people doing it. Its the tolerance level.

They are probobly SO SICK of people doing this over, and over, and over, that they said screw it. Just start banning people.

With the ammount of people they have, its little loss to their community.

IN OTHER WORDS

If you can't control the situation, ban the situation, and it goes away.

Its kind of how I feel about people answering posts incorrectly.

Every time there is an incorrect answer given, some poor sap spends two hours working on the problem and can't get it to work ANYWAY.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
I have been going to www.wc3sear.ch lately, and www.wc3sear.ch has been going downhill every day. Since Chris's (Darky28) dissapearance from the WoW site, www.wc3sear.ch, and www.wc3campaigns.com (if you didn't know, he's a site administrator on www.wc3campaigns.com) the site has been going downhill with a flood of new users who have been bashing things without playing them, or bashing them just because the name doesn't fit the model.

The administrators there are trying to keep things together, and Vexorian has made a troubling announcement here on the situation.

Vexorian, probably one of my Warcraft III gods is threatening to leave the site if it doesn't clean up, as he sais every other Warcraft III site is death right now, and he might quit Warcraft III modding for good if things like this don't stop.

I commend you Vexorian, he and only a handful of people are keeping that place together, and with Chris gone, the site will easily fall apart if Vexorian leaves.

I jsut wanted to bring it to everyone's attention that Vexorian might leave Warcraft III, and that means no more of his awesome spells and maps, and no more JASS snippets and such.

In my opinion, www.wc3sear.ch is to popular for it's own good, and it will easily collapse under itself if someone doesn't do something. Www.wc3sear.ch is almost gone, and will turn into a hell hole very soon (Chris is missing, Vexorian is about to leave, they can't do anything anymore).

This is what eventually happens to sites that becomme popular, as www.wc3campaigns.com is holding up but is starting to collapse, and www.wc3sear.ch is on the brink of destruction. This site too, will eventually collapse. The site is getting bigger by the day, and the forums are being jam packed. This site is at it's highest point now, but like any other, it will fall.

Just so you know, Chris (Darky) has been missing for almost a month now, and he's the support beam of www.wc3sear.ch. Think of www.wc3sear.ch like a house, with Vexorian, Satomi, and Darky being the support beams. Darky is gone, with the house missing a support beam, Vexorian is collapsing, and Satomi is almost destroyed.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
yeah vexorian is one of the few wc3c guys I really respect, he's done a ton for the wc3 community. I totally agree with all his complaints, kudos to him.

I think the problem comes down to moronic kids who have no idea about anything and who like messing things up just for laughs. 1 idiot kid is harmless, but wc3search has a legion of these idiots at its doorstep, and thus in the absence of serious moderation it is beginning to buckle under the pressure.

frankly I hope those kids never find their way to these forums, I'm just glad we have only good kids over here (well okay maybe not that conan kid.......lol joking :p)

Mind

Reaction score
Darg said:
1 idiot kid is harmless, but wc3search has a legion of these idiots at its doorstep, and thus in the absence of serious moderation it is beginning to buckle under the pressure.

And once the plague of grasshoppers has devoured www.wc3sear.ch, it will seek for food elsewhere. Where are the insecticides?

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
I just wish those friggin jerks would realize that once THEY have devoured www.wc3sear.ch and all it's moderators, then they will have no resources left to get some very ncie things. Other sites got some stuff, but www.wc3sear.ch has everything.

They will then move onto other sites and www.wc3campaigns.com is next to come, after that who knows what is next. This site will not be devoured by these idiots, as when people search for Warcraft III sites, they will come across the tutorials page which most experts do not need. Since this site is more of a technical support site, we will not get the usual plague of noobs. (noobs ARE NOT new users, but the jerks who think they're the best when the actually suck, so far I haven't noticed any noobs in our crowds)

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
I just wish those friggin jerks would realize that once THEY have devoured www.wc3sear.ch and all it's moderators, then they will have no resources left to get some very ncie things. Other sites got some stuff, but www.wc3sear.ch has everything.

I'm sure you're familiar with the phrase, "to bite off the hand that feeds you".

we will not get the usual plague of noobs

my opinion is that TheHelper.net is very unique, because we have a world-class team of moderators here. We would never let these forums become overrun by the plague of n00bs consuming wc3search. Heck, I especially would never let that happen.

And once the plague of grasshoppers has devoured www.wc3sear.ch, it will seek for food elsewhere. Where are the insecticides?

Interesting metaphor, mind!

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Considering campagins has so much more on modeling, skinning tutorials, and the artwork / gallery sections, I don't see it falling anytime soon.

On that matter, sear.ch has the largest downloading database for mapping, so I dont see them falling anytime soon either. But I pretty much quit both forums, I just upload my map.

Most of the forums, when you post a question, someone may answer after 5 days. Kinda like a ghost town. Unless they choose to attack, then you'll get a response in a couple minutes.

This however, is the only place you can post and not get insulted. I could post 'Hiya' on campagins, and 5 people will attack you.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Mind said:
According to my English dictionary, you're wrong.

If you go online, n00b is a deragotary statement meant to offend users who are new at the game, or just new users who are being a smart @ss. I'm talking in the context of gaming, not what it means in the dictionary.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
conan is correct about what noob means, in the context of gaming. Whether it means something else in other contexts, I neither know nor care.

S

Sansui

hmm, you reading warns not bans the bans are at the bottem of the list.
The problem is darky only gave a few people power to moderate all the forums.

And frankly as skin mod i can't put up with the people their anymore, well actually i never could put up with half them.

I used to help people but it was very annoying to hear people ask the same thing over and over and over even though it is awnsered in a sticky.

and yes ive pretty much quit both forums aswell so my massive skills are no longer being used at either forums. ;)

also notice I dont think ive ever warned someone, on wc3search.

S

Sansui

Saikkan, an asshole... ive never seen him act that way but ill take your word for it.

as for CNP I personally hate the method and think that it will always be at lower quality then freehand, but i have seen results firsthand that are average, while ive seen horrid freehand aswell.

Owell, ive never seen your stuff im sorry you feel the way you do.

you just have to ignore people, thats why i hardly visit the forums.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
This is off-topic, but is this THE Sansui? There are alot of fakes out there, but if it really is you, welcome!

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
I must confess I don't know who Sansui is, I'm guessing he is a wc3search mod?

S

Sansui

heh thats not that bad ive seen 100x worse not to mention wormskull didnt blow up on ya.

I guess saikann did kinda go down hill for awhile but i have not seen him in awhile.

and yes I am Sansui the real Sansui the first section mod at wc3search.

we used to help people with skins but they would flame saying that its perfect and we were idiots for thinking its not perfect, i guess we just got tired of that attitude,
and stopped trying help people with skinning.

oh and.
"No one sits there with a curser and 'paints' the stuff on."
I do. ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.