Help is there any other way?

Forsakener

Reaction score
Hi I'm getting pretty pissed off at this... I'm making a HUGE maze map and there are alot of death regions and they are a pain to make them on the triggers.. I don't have TFT so i can't use the a unit enters type terrain. Does anyone Know how ot make it easier?:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Zhirgoyt

Reaction score
I don´t really understand what you mean. You want a map with regions that would kill units when they walk on them, but you don´t want to use triggers?

Forsakener

Reaction score

No no.. It takes alot of time and effort to make these regions. I have to make a seperate region in every spot next to the path. my map has over 1000 death regions and i need to make the trigger that makes you enter 1 of them youdie.. but that is taking me forever here is a example:

Event:
Unit enters <region> 1
Unit enters <region> 2
" "
" "
conditions:
Entering unit is equal to demonhunter.
Actions
kill triggering player

But i have to do all 1000 of them and it takes me a few hours to do 100

Zhirgoyt

Reaction score
Why not just make regions where they are walking instead and use the A unit leaves region trigger?:p

Forsakener

Reaction score
cant

I cant
i would have to make several regions for the different turns and stuff
so that means that if i leave one to turn then i die...

Forsakener

Reaction score
i wish

I wish I had tft so this would be alot easier.... lol
is there like a variable array i can use?

Forsakener

Reaction score
yea.. on tft there is a events trigger..
but i was thinking like a region array and do a trigger like this

event:
map initialization

action
set= deathregion[for loop integer a 1- 1000]

then have it do

Event:
Condition: Unit is in deathregion equal to true
action
kill... blah bah

??

quraji

zap
Reaction score
That wouldn't be any less work than just listing them all out in one trigger :p

What exactly are you doing that requires so many regions? I'd try to think of a better way but I'm not sure what you're trying to do.

Forsakener

Reaction score
maze

Its a maze map you know if you leave the path you die?
So i had to make a region near everypath so that when you enter it you die.. but i have over 1000 of them and i have to set each one in the events part of a trigger
EVENTS:
Unit enters region1
Unit enters region1000

takes me forever to set up do you know of a program or something?

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
LordOglog's JASS Death Region Creator, this can speed up your work. I hope you didn't renamed your 1000 regions. Can you convert triggers to custom text in Regin of Chaos?
vJASS has textmacros which can be used like that program, if you can't use that program tell us your starting region name and last region name, they better be organized in system like default region names.
Also make in GUI what should happen with dieing unit then I can invent JASS for your RoC map.
Additional question, is there mapheader in RoC World Editor?

Forsakener

Reaction score
LordOglog's JASS Death Region Creator, this can speed up your work. I hope you didn't renamed your 1000 regions. Can you convert triggers to custom text in Regin of Chaos?
vJASS has textmacros which can be used like that program, if you can't use that program tell us your starting region name and last region name, they better be organized in system like default region names.
Also make in GUI what should happen with dieing unit then I can invent JASS for your RoC map.
Additional question, is there mapheader in RoC World Editor?

Hmm i cant seem to open the program... And yes you can convert triggers to custom text... As soon as i get all the regions up ill send to you? Thanks.... also what do yu mean by mapheader?

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> what do yu mean by mapheader?

Where you can create new triggers, on top it has your map name with .w3m extension, when you click on it there appears two boxes one for comments and another for JASS.

> soon as i get all the regions up ill send to you?

Just write how are your regions named? For example if your regions are named "Region_000", "Region_001", "Region_002", etc, "Region_1000" (without ""), I need to know how they are named to create textmacro which would automatically add all regions to one trigger.

Forsakener

Reaction score
you asked it if has map header?
well im might send it to you or post it idk what im doing...
and yes the regions are named like that

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.