How to make dummy unit circle caster

LordSaddler1

Reaction score
Pretty self explanatory, How do you make a dummy unit circle the caster until you "sic" it on someone (like a wolf)? I think i know how to do the command to chase someone (channel or some targeted ability where the trigger makes the dummy follow).

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
I haven't tried this link, but it should work more or less.

To get it to fire, you could, upon casting do Unit - order (spinner) to [Insert command here] (Target unit of ability being cast), and deactivate the spin...?

I don't know jass, so I can't really help you much with this system. Hope it sets you in the right direction. This spinning unit phenomenon is generally referred to as a whispwheel.

Maybe you can find a GUI version somewhere.

LordSaddler1

Reaction score
does this make a spinning unit or one that circles around a unit like
+++
+O+
+++ Where + is the summoned unit's path and O is the caster.
Cause i want the circling

Cloak_Master

Reaction score
Lets see. You could try this

When the unit begins circling, you could order it to move to the position of the unit polar offset by "600" towards angle between the unit and the circled unit. Then, you could set the angle to a variable and create a for loop ordering it to move to the units position offset by 600 towards the variable + X.

Not sure how that'd work, though.

lindenkron

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
does this make a spinning unit or one that circles around a unit like
+++
+O+
+++ Where + is the summoned unit's path and O is the caster.
Cause i want the circling

So... what you want is:
Someone casts a spell.
A dog / Minion / Something is summoned at a specific distance from the caster
The dog / Minion / Something is running around in a circle around the caster?
Code:
   ++<++
 +       +
+         +
V    ?    A
+         +
 +       +
   ++>++
Right?

simonake

Reaction score
Code:
Events:
Unit -A unit start the effect of an ability

Conditions:
(Ability being cast) Equal to <....>

Actions:
For each (Integer A)from 1 to 6 do (Actions)
Unit -Create 1 <dummy> for (owner of (casting unit)) at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 300.00 towards (60.00 x(Real((Integer A))) degrees)facing(Facing 
 of (Casting unit)) degress

Hope it was helpful if you want more unit around your guy change the number of integers. Nvm missunderstood question, i tought you wanted to create units around a unit.

Wynd

Reaction score
If I understand what you're asking, I don't think this is quite possible in the way you want it to happen. The problem comes in the fact that you cannot tie the created unit's movement in with your own. At best, you could run a loop that continually checked your position and redirected the summoned unit even when you moved, but I'm guessing that'd eat up a lot of memory with fast checking, and with slow checking the unit's movement would look erratic. Even checking continually, you'd need the unit to have incredible speed to keep ahead of the caster when he moved.

You could try something like this:
Trigger:
  • Trigger
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set rAngle = (rAngle + 36.00)
      • If (rAngle Greater than or equal to 360.00) then do (Set rAngle = 0.00) else do (Do nothing)
      • Unit Group - Order (uSummonedUnit) to Move To ((Position of (uCastingUnit)) offset by 500.00 towards rAngle degrees)

You'd have to play with the unit speed and periodic timer a bit. You'll still have an issue where the unit needs to move faster if your unit is moving. If you make it fast enough to compensate, it'll stall between points of the "circle" while waiting for the next command telling it to move again. There are a couple ways you could get around that, but the only ones I can come up with are way complex and probably not worth doing for the small cosmetic effect they'd be worth.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.