[Need]Hero - Ideas

avalya

Reaction score
I was thinking today of some mana stealer or mage killer hero.. but I think I'll get some inspiration from your ideas too. Thank you :)

Like Anti-Mage from DotA? (The same KIND of hero, different spells of course) I might got one on my mind.

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
Yeah! Just some anti caster.. which is good against heroes that needs mana. If you have any idea.. just post it! :)

avalya

Reaction score
Okey, ain't got too much time, but here goes a quick hero idea (no icons, no time to upload/link it sorry)

Name: Mage Huntress
Model: Blood Elf Arcane Huntress (it's on the hive)
Strength: Medium
Agility (Primary): High
Intelligence: Low-Medium

Skills

Energy Blink - Active
- Quickly teleports to the target location or unit, draining a nearby hero's mana in the process and heals you for an amount equal to half of the amount of mana burned.

Level 1: 30 Seconds Cooldown, Drains 100 Mana
Level 2: 23 Seconds Cooldown, Drains 175 Mana and Restores 25 Mana to You
Level 3: 16 Seconds Cooldown, Drains 250 Mana and Restores 50 Mana to You
Level 4: 9 Seconds Cooldown, Drains 325 Mana and Restores 75 Mana to You

Magic Shield - Active
- Creates a magical barrier around the Huntress, greatly increasing her resistance to enemy magic, but drains mana each second it's active.

Level 1: Increases magic resistance by 25%, drains 10 mana per second.
Level 2: Increases magic resistance by 40%, drains 15 mana per second.
Level 3: Increases magic resistance by 55%, drains 20 mana per second.
Level 4: Increases magic resistance by 70%, drains 25 mana per second.

Power Disruption - Passive
- Enchanting her blades, [name] is able to manipulate the magical energies that flow through both her targets and herself, granting her a 25% chance on each attack to stun a target and restore her mana. The duration of the stun and the amount of mana restored depends on the current amount of mana the enemy has, as a percentage of its maximum mana.
Has a 4 seconds cooldown.

Level 1: For every 10% mana missing, stuns for 0.2 seconds and restores 3 mana.
Level 2: For every 10% mana missing, stuns for 0.25 seconds and restores 4 mana.
Level 3: For every 10% mana missing, stuns for 0.3 seconds and restores 5 mana.
Level 4: For every 10% mana missing, stuns for 0.35 seconds and restores 6 mana.

Ultimate
Mana Dancer - Active
- The Mage Huntress unleashes a powerful assault, quickly moving around the battlefield, attacking any unit with mana within range, dealing damage to it and draining its mana. Any unit that has a mana pool with less than 10% of its mana left will take additional damage and be slowed by 40% for 4 seconds.

Level 1: Jumps 5 times, draining 120 mana per hit and dealing 100 physical damage. Deals 125 extra magic damage to completely burned enemies.
Level 2: Jumps 7 times, draining 160 mana per hit and dealing 150 physical damage. Deals 200 extra magic damage to completely burned enemies.
Level 3: Jumps 10 times, draining 200 mana per hit and dealing 200 physical damage. Deals 275 extra magic damage to completely burned enemies.

The Blink is either target ground or unit targeted, draining mana to the nearest hero within a 500 area.

The magic shield is an active ability (as in Immolation) that drains mana each second it is active and greatly increases her magic resistance.

The bash stuns for a longer time and restores more mana to her the less mana the target has as a percentage.

The ultimate is kinda like Omnislash, you jump around and drain mana as well as dealing minor physical damage and deal heavy damage to targets without any mana left (will not target any unit without mana though, as in creeps) and slow them for 4 seconds.

Summoned

Reaction score
No fancy portraits/fonts here. "Anti-caster" heroes often end up destroying non-casters more easily due to mana burn effects not scaling very well against high mana pool enemies but are devastating to low mana pool enemies.

Name: Derivius
Class: The Devourer
Model: Voidwalker
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
Secondary Attribute: Agility
Attack Range: 500

Mana Tap (Passive): Each of Derivius' attacks will steal a percentage of the target's current mana. Each attack also deals bonus damage to summons.

Level 1 - 3% of current mana, 30 bonus damage against summons.
Level 2 - 4% of current mana, 45 bonus damage against summons.
Level 3 - 5% of current mana, 60 bonus damage against summons.
Level 4 - 6% of current mana, 75 bonus damage against summons.

Reverse Flow (Area Effect Buff): Derivius temporarily reverses the flow of life and mana. Causes units caught in the area of effect (225 radius) to lose health whenever they would otherwise lose mana.

Level 1 - 4 second duration, 25 second cooldown. 100 mana cost.
Level 2 - 6 second duration, 20 second cooldown. 115 mana cost.
Level 3 - 8 second duration, 15 second cooldown. 130 mana cost.
Level 4 - 10 second duration, 10 second cooldown. 145 mana cost.

Power Surge (No Target): Derivius unleashes a large portion of his energy to devastate the nearby area. 20 second cooldown. 1.5 second casting time.

Level 1 - 900 radius, 225 damage. 225 mana cost.
Level 2 - 1000 radius, 300 damage. 300 mana cost.
Level 3 - 1100 radius, 375 damage. 375 mana cost.
Level 4 - 1200 radius, 450 damage. 450 mana cost.

Mana Detonation (Single Target): Afflicts the target with a powerful curse. Every second, the affected unit will lose 5% of its maximum mana and damage its nearby allies (the target itself takes no detonation damage). Lasts until the target reaches a certain amount of mana.

Level 1 - Lasts until below 50% mana, each detonation deals 50 damage in a 400 radius. 150 mana cost. 100 second cooldown.
Level 2 - Lasts until below 45% mana, each detonation deals 75 damage in a 450 radius. 200 mana cost. 90 second cooldown.
Level 3 - Lasts until below 40% mana, each detonation deals 100 damage in a 500 radius. 250 mana cost. 80 second cooldown.

WARNING: Mana Detonation working with Reverse Flow may be too powerful, since the target may never reach the mana limit and will just keep losing health.

avalya

Reaction score
Yeah well, my hero can just be rescaled for percentages instead of solid numbers on all of the spells without too much of a difference for an intelligence hero, but might be slightly less effective against agility and strength.

soul_reaper

Reaction score
orc_o_grunt.jpg
Name: Orc Warchief
Proper Name: Grurub Blood-Axe
Model File: Grunt
Attack Range: 100 (Melee)
Attributes:
Strenght = High
Agility = Meduim
Strtenght = Low
Skills:

icons_1426_btn.jpg

Power Strike
Grurub throws his axe at the target, causing an hemmoragy, slowing movespeed and cause damage over time

Level 1 - 15% movespeed penalty, 15 Damage/sec, Last 5 Second
Level 2 - 25% movespeed penalty, 15 Damage/sec, Last 5 Second
Level 3 - 35% movespeed penalty, 20 Damage/sec, Last 5 Second
Level 4 - 45% movespeed penalty, 20 Damage/sec, Last 10 Second
Manacost : 80
Cooldown : 12
Casting Time : Instant
Racial_Orc_BerserkerStrength.png

War Fury
Grurub enters in a deadly fury, increasing his attack speed and giving him a chance to stun for 2 second.Last 10 Second
Level 1 - 15% Attack Speed, 5% Stun Chance
Level 2 - 25% Attack Speed, 10% Stun Chance
Level 3 - 35% Attack Speed, 15% Stun Chance
Level 4 - 45% Attack Speed, 20% Stun Chance
Manacost : 100
Cooldown : 15

command.gif

Strenght of the Horde
passively increases Grurub's attack speed and hit point.

Level 1 - 5% Attack Speed, 100 HP
Level 2 - 10% Attack Speed, 250 HP
Level 3 - 15% Attack Speed, 300 HP
Level 4 - 20% Attack Speed, 400 HP
Manacost : N/A
Cooldown : N/A
Casting Time : Passive

bannerWarsongGS.jpg

Battle Thirst
Each time, Grurub takes damage, his hitpoint regeneration and armor are increases.Stack up to 10 times.Bonus vanishes after 6 second out of combat

Level 1 - 1% HP regeneration Bonus, 2% Armor Bonus
Level 2 - 2% HP regeneration Bonus, 4% Armor Bonus
Level 3 - 3% HP regeneration Bonus, 6% Armor Bonus

millz-

Reaction score
Battle Thirst
Each time, Grurub takes damage, his hitpoint regeneration and armor are increases.Stack up to 10 times.Bonus vanishes after 6 second out of combat

Level 1 - 1% HP regeneration Bonus, 2% Armor Bonus
Level 2 - 2% HP regeneration Bonus, 4% Armor Bonus
Level 3 - 3% HP regeneration Bonus, 6% Armor Bonus

Erm, so if you attack him just 3 times when he has level 3 ulti, didn't that already make him near to invulnerable?

avalya

Reaction score
Seems a bit like Huskar, although I don't like the first skill nor the ultimate, the first is very simple and the ultimate is way too overpowered, and 2 passives, 1 active and 1 self-buff ain't a very good combination, think like every hero should have 2-3 active abilities (not counting ultimate), 1 or no passive skill, and 1 ultimate (active or passive, preferably active in most cases).

Furby

Reaction score
Roflmao, soul_reaper.. his ultimate will do 60% bonus armor and 30% bonus regeneration.. that's just op :D

Anyway thanks :)

avalya

Reaction score
So, by the way, did you like my idea? I might got more in mind as well, if you like my heroes that is.

soul_reaper

Reaction score
I'm posting a Peon Hero ^^

EDIT :
Orc-Peon-resized-64.gif
Name: Peon
Proper Name: Kuuj
Model File: Peon
Attack Range: 100 (Melee)
Attributes:

Agility = High
Intelligence = Meduim
Strenght = Low
Skills:

repair.gif

Repair
Kuuj repairs damaged towers

Level 1 - 5 HP/sec
Level 2 - 10 HP/sec
Level 3 - 15 HP/sec
Level 4 - 20 HP/sec
Manacost : 80
Cooldown : 12
construction4.jpg

Watch Tower
Build a deadly tower which shoot arrows at enemies
Level 1 - 400 HP, 30 Base Damage, 3 Armor.
Level 2 - 600 HP, 35 Base Damage, 5 Armor
Level 3 - 800 HP, 40 Base Damage, 7 Armor.
Level 4 - 1000 HP, 50 Base Damage, 9 Armor.

hurlboulder.gif

Boulder Tower
Kuuj build a tower which throw boulder at enemies.

Level 1 - 300 HP, 30 Base Damage, 3 Armor.
Level 2 - 400 HP, 40 Base Damage, 3 Armor.
Level 3 - 500 HP, 50 Base Damage, 3 Armor.
Level 4 - 600 HP, 70 Base Damage, 5 Armor.

Ability_Repair.png

Reinforce Towers
Create a random which can be placed in tower to improve their powers

Level 1 - Basic Items
Level 2 - Enchanted Items
Level 3 - Rare Items

Manacost : 150
Cooldown : 35

avalya

Reaction score
Yep, I liked it. Got some originality! Post more always if you have.

I'm glad I can help you! I'll see what I can do, if you need a tank hero (this certain hero focuses alot on survival and control, model is Spell Breaker by the way so you can't use him for something else then, but you already got an Anti-Mage so I think it's fine).

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
Ok, i just got an idea for a really unique hero! :D

Name: Invalid Model
Proper Name: Purple Box
Model: Objects\InvalidObject\InvalidObject.mdl
Attack: Melee or short ranged. (Missile type = Missile, Missile model = Abilities\Spells\Other\TalkToMe\TalkToMe.mdl)

Code:
Name: Set Start Location
Icon: ReplaceableTextures\WorldEditUI\StartingLocation.blp
Target: Point targeted
Sets the targeted location as your start location. (Create a locust unit with Objects\StartLocation\StartLocation.mdl as model) Any friendly unit within 500 of the start location gets 20/30/40/50% bonus attack speed and 10/15/20/25% bonus movespeed. Using this spell another time removes the old start location. 
Upon learning this spell, you also get a 5 second casttime teleport spell that teleports you to your start location.

Code:
Name: Start Game!
Target: No target
Creates a countdown floating text at your start location (Like the one when you start a game on bnet. Make each text appear every 0.5 seconds, since every 1 second is too slow). When the game ''starts'', 2/3/4/5 Mini boxes (Objects\Invalidmodel\Invalidmodel.mdl, scaling value 0.5) appears at your start location. Each box lasts for 30 seconds.

Code:
Name: Pathing Blockers
Target: No target OR Point target
Creates a circle of pathing blockers (Use Objects\InvalidObject\InvalidObject.mdl with some transparency and 0.5 scaling value), making units unable to leave or enter the circle. Lasts for 3/4.5/6/7.5 seconds.

Code:
Ultimate
Name: Error Dialog (or Error Box)
Target: No target
Creates a dialog for every enemy player that only has ony button that says 'Error!'. If they press this button, the dialog reappears, unless they pressed it enough. Enemies have to press the button 6/9/12 times.

This box is pretty much a combo hero. The ultimate makes enemies unable to control their units for a short time, and setting the start location close to an enemy, ''starting'' the game and trapping them with pathing blockers makes you able dish out alot of damage. Anyway, i hope you like the idea. :thup:

Furby

Reaction score
Hell yeah! Thank you Galdiuz for your REALLY UNIQUE idea! :thup:

Never heard of something like that and I liked that a lot.. though I'm not sure I'll use it, because it's too much out of my standarts. But I'll think of it. :)

Thank you anyway! +rep

NoobImbaPro

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I liked your idea very much Galdiuz, the spells reminds me a game in Playstation 1 i played(not for the first spell).Furby can you rep me now?(for the 111th post)

StormLOrd

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!I actualy made an acount just to post in this threat :D
Here is my idea
Name:Tandor The Knight
Atributes:Strenght:high;;Agility:low;;Intelligence:low
Code:
[CODE][CENTER][/CENTER]
[/CODE]
icons_8859_btn.jpg
Charge:The Knight moves to a target enemy in the blink of an eye,damaging it and burning mana on the hit.(blink strike with mana burning effect)
icons_8434_btn.jpg
Axe Slam:Tandor strikes with his huge silver axe dealing 5x Strenght and stuning the enemy for 0.75/1.00/1.35/1.75sec (melee)
icons_1435_disbtn.jpg
Slice:Tandor's axe is a special one.By having it he can strike several enemies at a time.(Passive) (like cleave)
icons_7483_btn.jpg
For the Win!:Tandor jumps of his horse and orders it to attack a targeted enemy.The horse is locust(ethearal)it cant be attacked.The horse moves realy fast and will follow the target and hitting it until it dies or until the time expires(25/30/45sec)While The Knight has no horse he will walk on his feet reducing move speed dramaticly.
Edit:He uses the Knight model.While he is in his Ultimate he uses Footman model.Tandor is a heavy melee,tank or damage dealer.
this is it.Please tell me what you think :cool:
Note:I didnt knew that they is already a "Knight" hero in this threat

Attachments

• BTNCharge.blp
    15.2 KB · Views: 204
  • BTNAxeslam2.blp
    6.2 KB · Views: 214
  • BTNFireAxe.blp
    9 KB · Views: 206
  • BTNAbility_Warrior_Cleave.blp
    9.7 KB · Views: 204
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.