Crime Royal guardsman attacked a tourist who mimicked his marching

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
@FireCat, that's a lot easier said than done. What if he didn't stop? And also, even if the guy did stop, that's just one person for one day. Those things happen on a daily basis probably with different degrees of annoying.
well he must stop he can do that forever yea!? Well why not have a rescue guard.... who tell the person to stop it without violence of course.. or give a punishment bills or something like that for it, that would stop them..

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
well he must stop he can do that forever yea!? Well why not have a rescue guard.... who tell the person to stop it without violence of course.. or give a punishment bills or something like that for it, that would stop them..

They're tourists...why would they pay the fine?

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
A "nice kick right in the arse" is still violence. :D

And anyways, he didn't die so no harm done. The guards just need to put some respect back into the idiots every now and then. :rolleyes:

@FireCat, that's a lot easier said than done. What if he didn't stop? And also, even if the guy did stop, that's just one person for one day. Those things happen on a daily basis probably with different degrees of annoying.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Matter of speech....
cwmddd.gif

As for the rest of you. The guards' status is definitely hurt. But that's not the tourist's problem, Being an idiot does not justify a personal, violent attack on you. Something must be done within the British administration to fix the wrong, but not on the personal level. That is not the solution, nor a legal action.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
When you are a tourist in another country, you respect the customs and traditions of your host. You don't mock them, and if you did, you should expect reprisals. In another country, he could have been arrested for it... we're too lenient really.

Tourists mock these guys all the time, they take more than I would ever be able to put up with.

Frozenhelfir

set Gwypaas = Guhveepaws
Reaction score
Well I would ignore him.. even laugh how stupid he looks when he copying me, I don't think it be so fun anymore for that guy.

And anyway .. I think actually he would stop eventually really.

Well if the guards followed that example, you'd see all the terrorists mocking them. Once ignored, slip passed and get some bombing done.

I think support the attack, people should learn some respect. I really don't know why people are sympathizing so much with the guy who got attacked like its some horrible nightmare.

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
This guard deserves an award.

I think that any guard that wouldn't have attacked the man on impulse would have deserved a medal alot more then this one.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Come on, guys. Literally, this guard's only job is to appear ceremoniously oblivious to mocking. It's not like someone is going to attack the place he's guarding, and if someone did, he certainly wouldn't be able to do anything about it. No. His job is to not be tempted by civilian ridicule. He failed miserably.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Come on, guys. Literally, this guard's only job is to appear ceremoniously oblivious to mocking. It's not like someone is going to attack the place he's guarding, and if someone did, he certainly wouldn't be able to do anything about it. No. His job is to not be tempted by civilian ridicule. He failed miserably.

I agree...
Besides the guy was breaking no laws or crimes. Everyone mocks the guards, Tourist are suppose to do that in Britain. (The guide says there not suppose to respond back!) So really I have to say that the guard was acting un-orderly and should receive a minor punishment.

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
I agree with the argument that the guy deserved to learn a lesson, and that somethings definitely needs to check in the way guard are treated. But that is LEGALLY. Using violence is illegal, especially when it is from an armed authority to an unarmed civilian.

There is really not much to it but that.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
You are obviously oblivious to the fact that to become a guard, you have to go through all the same training, and more afterwards, that regular infantry need to in the army. You don't give Assault rifles and ammunition to someone who's job is merely ceremonial. Many have seen action in other theatres of conflict and I daresay they would be a little pissed off at you for saying they are just for show.

It's not like someone is going to attack the place he's guarding
Because terrorists wouldn't attack the Queen of England if they had the opportunity.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.