Health Stand-Up Desks Gaining Favor in the Workplace.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
What the hell Fatmankev? Just look at the Shoutbox you might understand. And Btw: You haven't seen the whole story so.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
What's going on?

And they make children sit at school for >6 hours a day.

When I was in school I got in trouble for standing up one day because I was tired. Said it was a distraction. I sat back down and fell asleep.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
When I was in school I got in trouble for standing up one day because I was tired. Said it was a distraction. I sat back down and fell asleep.
You know that you can "fake sit", right? Just pretend to sit, while you move your chair away, thus allowing you to crouch just a bit, enough for you to stay awake.

Learned this skill at elementary school, where everything is competitive.

Varine

Reaction score
You know that you can "fake sit", right? Just pretend to sit, while you move your chair away, thus allowing you to crouch just a bit, enough for you to stay awake.

Uhh yeah that's a lot of fucking effort dude. And I mean I wasn't getting paid for it, so yeah... not gonna happen.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Uhh yeah that's a lot of fucking effort dude. And I mean I wasn't getting paid for it, so yeah... not gonna happen.
I know it's an effing effort to do, but without it, I wouldn't be able to get into a high school.

Varine

Reaction score
Yeah, well, if I didn't sleep I couldn't drink all night. So in a way it was a win win. I got to sleep so I could still drink AND I didn't have to stand up.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score

Elementary school is competitive?

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Elementary school is competitive?
For real, I was like, "Godamn, no wonder America's falling behind in education when elementary schools in Asian nations are like this." Maybe we need to whoop our putty-ass children into shape. How did ya'll get disciplined over there?

Varine

Reaction score
In most countries it's just harder to get into college.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
For real, I was like, "Godamn, no wonder America's falling behind in education when elementary schools in Asian nations are like this." Maybe we need to whoop our putty-ass children into shape. How did ya'll get disciplined over there?

Easy, be put in a society where they meet the following criterias:
  • Most of the parents have high expectations.
  • Schools where they take regional tests every 6 weeks.
  • A school semester is exactly 20 weeks long.
  • A school where students are often comparing grades with one another. (This is definitely hard for U.S., because I don't even know why it happens.)
  • Most schools don't encourage P.E. They on average give 1 to 2 P.E. classes per week, each 45 minutes long. (Practically harder than anything else in U.S.)
  • Cram schools everywhere. (Actually boosts the overall confidence in class.)
  • Schools are being encouraged by the Ministry of Education (or similar department) to give out lots of homework, averaging 8 subjects daily.
And I think that's it.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
That's just a shame, in my eyes... we're adults for a lot longer than we're kids, and while we're adults we're expected to act accordingly. So why force kids to grow up any faster than they have to? Although there's a decent homework load in the States and I don't remember having P.E. more than 2-3 times a week throughout my entire schooling, it still sounds a bit more focused on discipline than I personally think it should. But I haven't gone through your school systems, so who the fuck am I to say anything, one way or the other? No one that matters, that's who. Take it with a grain.

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
Yeah, let kids do the YOLO thing while they're young.
They'll grow up without regrets and won't think, "Wish I'd done that as a kid."
/tangent

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.