World Editor Maps Page open!

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
We have added a new map server on the tutorial site!

Anyone who is a member of our forum community may submit maps.

You must be logged on with your forum account to use the map submission form and leave comments.

Each submission includes your map file, a preview image, a short description, and a detailed view.

You can also edit your map submission, and comment on other peoples maps.

If you have any problems, encounter errors, or have comments about the new map page, you can post here or in the bugs and features forum.

Happy Mapping!

World Editor Map Page

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Just a question but does the preview image have to be under 100x100?

Would this question be answered if I just shut up and tried it? :D

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Can you add a feature/requirement that tells you whether or not the map is protected? :)

A basic rating system would be good, too :shades:

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Features that open map files and 'sniff' them may be added later. But I am not 'byte-knowledgefull' of the MPQ format.

As for ratings, here was my thoughts.

Rating

Wasn't going to include. Ratings don't tell much. A good map always gets 'downvoters' from player-haters who tack a '1' into the average. Unles 1000 people rated it, for a true general idea. If five rated it, with 1-2 down voters, there goes your rating.

On the motorcycle forum, I put my bike in there. For two weeks, I was #1 rated bike. Oddly enough, two people voted me a 1 out of 10. Unless your motorcycle was the shittiest rat bike you ever seen, why would someone do that? To bring you down. Downvoters. ******.

Wc3sear.ch has ratings. One of the skin mods abosultely hates me. In submissions, and in forums. Everything I submit on wc3sear.ch he finds it and gives me a 1. Fairness indeed. Ah well, *****.

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Actually, I just meant that you could ask people to tell whether it was protected or not :p No MPQ stuff :)

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
LOL! :D Well, why bother lying? :p People can still open up the map :) (indeed, some people intend for others to open up their map)

It would just be a simple courtesy :) (we already have 3 [had 4, but now 3] maps up! Yay! :D)

DM Cross

Reaction score
Just curious :D

Yesterday I resubmitted the Vampire Slayer map, and today, there's three new maps up, Vampire Slayer NOT being one of them... And since this is brand new, I don't know what happened, so:

If a map gets rejected, do you tell the person that, and why?

If I'm being paranoid :D Feel free to whack me one.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Did your map make it through submission, or recieve an error?

The first time I did, something about the wrong file type, so I went back and re-did it and it seemed to go through...

Did you recieve your temporary link to view and edit your submission?

No.

Try again, I say.

And so I shall! :D Just not now.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Just tried re-submitting it, and this time I DID get a link, so I'll assume it works.

When I check on it in a few days, if it's not there, I'll let ya know :)

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
When editing a map, I get a MySQL error when hitting the link to the map.

Also, edited maps are removed from the list when you edit them. I suggest keeping the old one then updating it when it's approved.

Also, it is ok if I upload a new map if it's a new version? Or should I edit the old one? (Would only upload the big changes)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.