Other 9 Presented by WBL

WBL

Reaction score
I am/was working on a map with the 9 movie theme and I'm looking for help to complete the map, I would like to play it too, but I've gotten tired of working on it. My progress is stated below. It's a warchaser type map.

You are group of sapient rag dolls, living a post-apocalyptic existence.

You must take the offensive if you are to survive, and you must discover why the machines want to destroy you in the first place.

It's 6 players. You choose agi, str, or int character and then choose 5 abilities. There are currently 96 abilities to choose from.

You go and kill the boss to win.

You lose when all players are in jail or dead at the same time.

I'm using weapon/helmet models for the heroes. Heroes is custom model that looks fairly well (like the character in the movie 9). Enemies are the machines. Using an equip system and inventory system.

There's a couple of dungeons that are repeatable with bosses that will drop rare loot.

I have a warchaser type spawner system that will spawn enemies.

There's a simple recipe system.

The strength of your hero comes from all the equipment that they will acquire and equip and a lot from abilities... depending on how you combine skills to take down your foes/bosses and complement your allies abilities.

In the morning, the Machines (enemies) regenerate life a lot faster. There is a strong boss that roams the streets that is pretty tough that will drop good loot when you can kill it eventually. (not implemented in map yet)

If you get killed, a flag will appear in which other players may use an ability called "The Spark of Life" to revive you on the spot without penalty. Otherwise, you will end up in a jail cell somewhere on the map where other players must come free you.

Yeah, I think that's about it.

Why did I post this?

Well, I'm actually tired of working on the map by myself and want to get interested people to help. The movie comes out tomorrow by the way. 9/9/09. I was hoping to finish before the movie came out, but there's just too much work for me and I've been busy.

So, if you're interested, let me know, I'll send you the map and you can help finish it.

Progress:
Terrain - 95% Completed
Items - 85% Completed
Weapons/Armor - 99% completed
Enemies - 2% Completed
Enemy/Boss System/Loot Dropped - 0%
Win Condition - 0%
Lose Condition - 0%
Jail System - 90%
Abilities - 98%
Heroes - 100%
Bosses - 40%
Credits - 1%
Dungeons - 50%
Optimization/Leak checking/Balancing Gameplay (final stages) - 0%
Testing...

Don't really feel like posting screenies atm, but terrain is huge, urban place. Main base is a library. Heroes are customizable with armor/weapons/abilities, visual changes helmet/weapon/special items/cape/color...

I think my map size is 196x196 or something like that and it's about 4 mb right now. It was meant to be a LAN game, good thing max file size is 8 mb now. I mainly need help with the final touches to terrain, and all the enemies/bosses/loot on the map.

I've done terrain, heroes, custom abilities stuff, equipment/model/item stuff, jail stuff, and so on... conservatively, I'd say the map as a whole is 50% completed, still need to do the enemy stuff and then testing.

Message me on here if you would like to help with this project.

I think it will be a fun map.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.