System Afk-Kick

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
As you guys know it is very insulting when some players abandon the game and go elsewhere making the game imbalanced. But that cannot be stopped. The only thing that we can do is to kick them out of the game. To do this firstly we need an accurate and precise system to detect them. The system that is mostly used is not very accurate. It checks if a unit hasn't moved or done any action for some time. That system can be easily interrupted if the player comes, moves his unit a little and goes afk again. That's why I constructed this system. You can combine the first system with the system I'm about to show you which will increase the efficiency. The system isn't 100% precise but you can use it if a unit stays long time in his base. I have many triggers in my map that's why I can't show you here. If you have any suggestions on how to fix/improve this system let me know. I'm using this system in my map and still I want to improve it. More explanation in the map.

System Info:
GUI/JASS:GUI
Lagless: I don't know yet. I have only tested it in Single Player
Leakless: Yes
Length: Yes, I'm afraid its very long. I can't think of a way on how to shorten it
Screenshots: I can't take any screenshots. You have to see it in person

Implementation:
Strength: Low; Very easy to implement.
You copy all the triggers(make sure you have Automatically create unknown variables while pasting trigger data ticked) and you create as many afk regions as you want. In our case 2 regions are needed.

Need to fix stuff:
1) I think this system can be made more short.
2) I don't know how to fix when the afk timers reach 10 minutes to show the game text only once not to spam many times.

The map:

Attachments

• Afk-Kick System.w3x
    128.2 KB · Views: 257

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Pros:
[del]Kind of works[del]
Cons:
Works very very very badly
Can't be used unless you have bases
Seems to be hardcoded to fit your map, whatever that may be
"You have been kicked for much time away from your map duties" - Yeah, I'm grammar police. Fix it plox. It annoys me when I find such bad grammars...

Really, this has no use at all.

+Graveyard Vote

And, I don't find it insulting when someone goes afk. You know, some people actually have things to do outside of Warcraft. Warcraft/Computer is not always everything. There are many things outside of the computer world that you do, for example eating, socializing (face to face), and taking showers.

I never find people going AFK making the game imbalanced. In fact, it makes it more challenging and actually FUN to play when you have to cover for a teammate.

Igor_Z

Reaction score
Well for example you play 5v5 or something and a player goes afk. Its hard to play 4v5 then. I just created this system to make the kicking more easier. As i brought the main reason why this system is more efficient than the old one(That system can be easily interrupted if the player comes, moves his unit a little and goes afk again).
And, I don't find it insulting when someone goes afk. You know, some people actually have things to do outside of Warcraft. Warcraft/Computer is not always everything. There are many things outside of the computer world that you do, for example eating, socializing (face to face), and taking showers.
Well all of that is true but why? You start playing a map and then u abandon wc3 and go somewhere else. No host wants that to happen.

I never find people going AFK making the game imbalanced. In fact, it makes it more challenging and actually FUN to play when you have to cover for a teammate.
Well yeah, i like to have less players on the team too. That makes the game more challenging... But that still doesn't approve the afk thing.
I'll fix the gramar and upload the map asap

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I, as a host, do not want players to want to play Warcraft over living life. That's just stupid. It's like telling someone to quit and be a bum for the rest of his/her life.

This system can still easily be bypassed if you go into an area where the region doesn't cover and afk.

All in all, this system is useless. It's like you're bashing on people for having to go to the bathroom.

Do you want people to shit in their seats?

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Well I agree with Igor_Z on the part that when someone go's AFK it's really stupid;
This "system" is still, no offence, bad.

@Sevion: If people join a game, then play it through until it's done.
Your shower or going out or whatever can wait the 15-45 minutes.
It's not like your tub/car is going to get up and take off :p .

+Graveyard Vote
Do we get those now?
If so, +vote for me too :rolleyes: .

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
No, but neither is Warcraft III, is it?

Wolfie, you can't tell me you've never gone afk in a game before. And that goes for ANY game.

Some things are just more important than Warcraft.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
When I'm playing;
Naw I don't really go AFK.
Unless my house is on fire or someone's bleeding I just play :p .

I don't like when people go AFK.
A 5v5 turning into a 4v5 is just unfair;
In most games you'll most definitely lose because of it.

Or even worse;
In games like 2v2 or 3v3.
Going down to 1v2/2v3 is just too hard.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I don't ever really find that unfair :-/

Maybe you, but not me. Besides, why does everything always have to be fair? Life isn't ;) We should take Life's example.

Igor_Z

Reaction score
Well i guess put it in a graveyard, whatever... I will still use it, I just wanted to share it with you guys. Guess you don't like it...

RaiJin

Reaction score

thats not the point

so your saying , your going to start a wc3 game, play for 5 minutes then go outside and play some basketball? like come on if ur going to play the play through it all ( or at least most of it) if your not going to play then don't start playing int he first place

Reaction score
> if your not going to play then don't start playing int he first place
Yes, but some people don't always think like you or Igor or even me so special cases should be taken to prevent such situations. It's not the best solution anyway, someone may find it useful if they're going to make a DotA-type map.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
I have no problem with this system in terms of being an AFK Kick system.
It's just coded horribly and that.

If Igor_Z improves the coding of this and such;
It'll be an alright system.

Also, post the triggers here Igor_Z.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Post the code?

I cba to open the map, as I am busy.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
+Graveyard Vote
Do we get those now?
If so, +vote for me too :rolleyes: .
Rofl, I started doing that and it seems to have taken off.

I'd have to say +Gaveyard Vote for me to, because implementing a system that requires certain regions and stuff sounds lame. What happens if a base is pushed to the limit and they're stuck inside defending for 20 mins anyway?

The reality is if someone wants to move their unit every 5 minutes so they don't get kicked, I think that's legitimate. Besides, kicking them serves -what- advantage again, over an AFK player?

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Besides, kicking them serves -what- advantage again, over an AFK player?
You get their resources/items.
Plus you can use their hero.

This of course;
Assuming this system works like DotA's.
I didn't actually bother to download and check it.

EDIT: Wow, fail then :rolleyes: .

Dest

Reaction score
I really think this system is pointless, if a person goes afk for a long, and then he come backs, he gets kicked? That seems unfair, and someone could take over the person who is afk, basically.

If you hate afkers, I guess this got you into creating that system.

Igor_Z

Reaction score
I'll improve the triggers. I know the triggers are horrible, i'm working on them. As u see in post #1 i showed you what stuff could be fixed about the system. It is titled Need to fix stuff:. I'll get it done as soon as possible.

Code:
What happens if a base is pushed to the limit and they're stuck inside defending for 20 mins anyway?
This is true... But i didn't tell you to make the region the whole base. Just make it smaller. I don't think you won't leave it for so long

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you post the triggers you could get critique on them and then you can improve them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.