After Christian Loses to Atheist in Debate, the Church That Sponsored the Event Won’t Release Video

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Last Saturday, October 12, I attended “The Great Debate,” an event hosted by Adventure Christian Church (a mega-church in Roseville, California) and sponsored by William Jessup University. The question at hand was: “What provides a better foundation for civil society: Christianity or Secular Humanism?”

Arguing for Christianity was Dr. David Marshall, founder of the Kuai Mu Institute for Christianity and World Cultures. Arguing for Secular Humanism was Dr. Phil Zuckerman, Professor of Sociology at Pitzer College and author of numerous books on secularism.

Since the debate was being professionally recorded, I assumed it would be made available online (or at least for purchase), and I intended to simply add a few comments of my own if Hemant blogged about it. So I kept watching the church’s Vimeo site for the upload… and it never went up. Instead, three “rebuttal” videos were posted, responding to arguments made during the course of the debate, but the full debate is still nowhere to be found. Furthermore, those three videos featured pastors from the church, not even Marshall himself.

Zuckerman himself commented on all three videos, asking when the entire debate would be posted… only to see the comments turned off and his questions deleted from the individual videos. (Though the church’s Vimeo page still shows the comments under “Recent Activity“)

Read more.

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
Jesus Christ is not religious.. Christians are just blindly stupid. Power of Prayer = Power of Coincidence.. lol

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Jesus Christ is not religious.. Christians are just blindly stupid. Power of Prayer = Power of Coincidence.. lol

These ones are, as are the atheists that run around saying shit like babies are atheist.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
These ones are, as are the atheists that run around saying shit like babies are atheist.
Yeah lol. Well, as a new born "we don't know anything about religion!" So, you can't be a atheist or a believer.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.