AI CONTEST #1 Battle Thread

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
He told us that he's uploading them to youtube once he finishes editing. As well as posting replays for the quality quacks.

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Do you think one single battle per pairs can decide which is the best? :eek:

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Wait to see how convincingly my AI killed things. :p

(I believe it was 40 seconds, 2 minutes and draw.)

Either way, we have to define "best" as the AI that wins the most, given the terms of winning...

However, I'd like to ask that the very final battle be permitted to last 15 minutes if it would otherwise be a draw. :p

Renendaru

Reaction score
My second favorite battle was warden13's warden and Jesus4lyf's. One word: blink.

Renendaru

Reaction score
1.23. As that's what it was played on.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
There seems to be a damn good reason me and Gwypaas drew (after watching the replay). :mad:

There were 2 bugs in the map. No corpses spawned (I believe), and when he used windwalk in the fountains, he was not detected by the owls (or so it seems to me). AndrewGosu, please fix that and rematch it? That's actually why my hero was jamming itself into the top right corner. (My corner code is broken, yes, but I didn't care to fix it because if the hero showed up at a fountain, it would redirect to it... But of course while he was in the fountains with windwalk he didn't even show up as detected on the multiboard. Very unfair :(...)

My apologies if I'm mistaken (and it very well may be a draw anyway).

Nonetheless, I was shocked when I saw the double avatar. That was exceptionally odd. :D

Renendaru

Reaction score
I'll upload the match of warden13 and Jesus4Lyf, it just made me rofl. I'll be editing this post.

Edit: Here it is.

Edit2: I really liked J4L's warden in this. Not sure if it on purpose but it always casts shadow strike AFTER warden13's warden blinked. And, J4L's dodged all the shadow strikes I believe, if not all but one.

Attachments

• warden13 vs Jesus4Lyf.w3x
    108.1 KB · Views: 230

warden13

Reaction score
Aha my blink-dodge trigger seems to failed. And no he wasn't casting after I blink, I was blinking before he finishes casting, Maybe I should test more XD

Renendaru

Reaction score
Still, the results were unexpected, I'm surprised shadow hunter didn't win more, it was the best coded as far as int heroes go.

Renendaru

Reaction score
That's mean Jesus... I think yours just had better detection. Warden13's AI did fine really.

It seems everyone's AI depended on mana WAY too much. It infact kept 2 people alive when one hero ran for mana when the enemy was hit from death.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
There seems to be a damn good reason me and Gwypaas drew (after watching the replay). :mad:

Nonetheless, I was shocked when I saw the double avatar. That was exceptionally odd. :D

Yes, It was most certainly bugged, without doubt. You shouldn't be able to blink that much or do double avatar.

Amusing fights so far, allthough I've only seen two. :p

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
No corpses spawned, and when he used windwalk in the fountains, he was not detected by the owls

The corpse no-spawn "feature" was my bad because I didn't turn on the trigger.

I have to look into to the owl thing though, possibly add another detection way or re-place the owls.

Anyway, the results of group A are now posted, as well as the replays.

The videos will come soon as I still have to convert them and upload to youtube, which takes some time.

Lastly, I apologise for the constant fails during live battles, I hope to elimate them for today's battles.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.