AI CONTEST #1 | July 3rd - July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monovertex

Formerly Smith_S9
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks. And for what I want to do, if he wouldn't be in my sight, I could care less if the enemy starts casting spells.

GetTriggerUnit-

DogEntrepreneur
Reaction score
May we use a trigger like this?
Trigger:
  • Put Spell
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit gain a level
    • Condition
      • Is (Leveling unit) our hero
    • Actions
      • Hero - Hero learn skill (Triggering unit) XX

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Visible as in... IsUnitInRange based on 800/1800 IS BANNABLE.

And IsUnitVisible(GetFilterUnit(), udg_player) IS NOT. :thup:

Please change first post. Lol. :)

@Blitz: Yes.

Also in first post: "in the sight range of your hero" should be "in sight of your hero". There's a serious difference. :thup:

GetTriggerUnit-

DogEntrepreneur
Reaction score
What can we use to make it go to fountain?

(e.g)
If unit life is under 100 then
pick every unit of type fountain in playable map area and do actions
Issue myhero to move to position of picked unit?

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
What can we use to make it go to fountain?

That's up to you to figure out.

Updated the duel arena map, there should no longer be pathing involved exploitable places.

Fixed the issue with ramps, too.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Blitz, quit asking questions about every part of your code. :p
There's no reason why we should disallow your hero going near the fountain. In fact, they're there for a reason.

Do whatever you want, as long as you don't break the rules.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
This sounds exciting, im in.
I have a feeling your going to be seeing a lot of blademasters and mountain kings :p

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm assuming the AIs must be compatible with Wc3 Patch 1.23.
Nothing later.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
the heroes will be created at a random time in game by the judges when testing, right?

well say two heroes of the same unit type are paired up, how are you supposed to figure out which hero is yours in your AI; since they are the same unit type and we cant tell what player we are going to be between one and two? :p

Monovertex

Formerly Smith_S9
Reaction score
And we are not disqualified or the round is not declared draw if we don't attack the enemy for, let's say, around 4 minutes, right?

EDIT: Sorry for questioning that again, I did not see Andrew's response... -.-

And I don't doubt that a Hero could win in 3 minutes, but I need to be sure that the fight won't end if there's no action for about 4 mins :p.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
Yes, you are allowed to code an AI for the spawned units.
:p

i dont think the battle would be ended if no action happened for 4 minutes; as long as one hero could win in the remaining 3 minutes :rolleyes:

Monovertex

Formerly Smith_S9
Reaction score
Another question. When following an enemy unit, by right-clicking on it while having selected a unit of your own, even if that unit gets out of the range of the follower, the follower will still go after it for a while, until stopping for good. Are we allowed to recreate this effect? Or once it got off the sight, the follower has to stop?

I am asking this, because that is how it would go in a game with a real player. If you issue the order to follow a unit, it would go there even if that unit is not in sight.

I made a map to exemplify this. There is a peasant close to the Paladin, you have to go up. Attack him and he will run off. Try to chase it.

EDIT: Another one. We are not forbidden to make some triggers in GUI and others in Jass, right? I'm a bit rusty with Jass and I feel like making some things in GUI, way faster for me.

Attachments

• test.w3x
    69.9 KB · Views: 311

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
maybe when judging the AI you should do a best out of 3 kind of thing.
say there is a blade master versus another hero; and the blade has like 20 hp and the other hero has 200hp and clearly is going to win, then the blademaster does a level 3 crit and wins o.o
that would be luck and not the ai? :p

Lightstalker

Reaction score
EDITED:
More questions :p
1. To make things more fair, can you put corpses around the arena for the Paladin's Resurrection, Death Knight's Animate Dead, Warden's Avatar thing? Also, what about pre-placed NEUTRAL PASSIVE (so they don't attack the participants) for the Dark Ranger's Charm? What about friendly Undead units with disabled attack for Death Knight's Sacrifice?

2. Can we order our Hero to run around the map till it's level 6?

3. Must the AI work for any arena, or just this specific one? (For example, I know there is only 1 fountain of health and 1 of mana, so I could order it to go there, but if it was another arena with 3 fountains of health and mana, I'd have to calculate the distance between my Hero and the fountains to order it to go to the nearest one.)

4. Can I refer to my Hero directly or should I store it in a variable when referring to it?

5. Can we create a Hero for ourself after we know what Hero our opponent has chosen?

EDITED (Again):
6. What about naming variables? Any rules on that? (Just in case 2 people give 1 variable the same name and it messes everything up...)

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
when the judging starts; your AI will be matched up with someone else AI
then they are both put into the battle map, and the heroes have a 1v1 battle

you use the trigger editor :p
edit*
ah you edited your post while i was typing a response, i look like a dumbass :p

edit*
i think you should create a timer to display the 7 minutes timer on the test map, so we can tell : o

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
lol, nono; i was started replying a few minutes before you edit :p

also another thing, its so easy to trap heroes with summons, especially near the mana fountain; maybe make the pathing larger? : S
unless its supposed to be like that. but i think it gives summon heroes a big advantage

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
question:

a human can SEE the fountains, there is no black mask.. and a human can also see the fountains on the minimap.
does that mean that my ai can directly refer to the fountains? (order attack/move to fountains)

question:
a human can REMEMBER..
does that mean i can store points in the map that my ai has previously been to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.