AI CONTEST #1 | July 3rd - July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
So that when it's 15 seconds remaining, AIs will go and camp around the Fountain of Healing? :p
As opposed to artificial exploiting the unit score to win without fighting at all?
Anyway, gathering only the intel what you can see by clicking sounds reasonable.
Cool. Yay.

Now seriously... IsUnitVisible or IsUnitInRange + sight check? (Haven't tested IsUnitVisible.)

I don't mind either, the range thing will allow the heroes to find eachother better... And a nasty exploit I'm gonna enjoy called trying to cast on what you can't see...

Can I double free handles to screw up the opponents script? (Dumb question, but I don't think it was mentioned in the rules. And I can reliably double free handles. XD)

SERIOUS QUESTION: Can I spawn dummy units with locust to scan pathing options?

How laggy can the script be?

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
you can just figure out the x/y coords of certain spots and compile them into your code to create imba sequences for blocking etc

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Can I double free handles to screw up the opponents script? (Dumb question, but I don't think it was mentioned in the rules. And I can reliably double free handles. XD)

SERIOUS QUESTION: Can I spawn dummy units with locust to scan pathing options?

How laggy can the script be?

The point of this contest is to make an unbeatable AI, not destroying your opponents script...

No you cannot, the AI should have the same capabilities as humans have when playing - if you target something and the hero cannot move there, you cannot move there.

The script should at least be playable when run, for 7 minutes.

And good luck figuring out those "imba" sequences.

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
i've already thought of a bunch of ways to use x/y coords of certain spots to completely dominate dynamic path finding on this map

(suggesting banning x/y constants is basically what i'm saying, it's pretty much the same as placing rects)

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
the AI should have the same capabilities as humans have when playing
Ok. If I have an invisible spirit wolf and it runs past the enemy hero, and the enemy hero detects it and thunderclaps to hit it without having it be visible, does it get disqualified for doing something it shouldn't be able to?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
so i guess with these coding conditions.. all of the actions should be done 'relative' to the hero..
there will not be usage of preset settings like regions / buildings in the battle map?

I believe it can be either.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think placing a rect for the fountains should be fine.

Code leaks and stuff aren't really important here either. :)

> have an invisible spirit wolf and it runs past the enemy hero, and the enemy hero detects it and thunderclaps to hit it...
Yes, that would result in disqualification.

I strongly suggest you watch out for things such a invisible units, dead units, locust units, etc.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
I think placing a rect for the fountains should be fine.

Technically yes, but every contestant has (or should have) a version of the duel arena map and adding things to it would result it not being uniform.

This makes importing the AI codes to our duel arena harder if we have to move all those things over etc.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Can we submit more than once? I want to create some really cool AI, but there's ideas to exploit cos the terrain has flaws... Which I need to do if I want to win, lol.

But I'm still not joining this contest while lasting 7 minutes switches to score to see who wins, probably. That's not a battle contest, that's a summons spamming contest. o.o >_<

Please, base it on Sum(Damage Dealt).

Edit: I'll just post the exploit instead... Archmage --> walk up to fountain of mana, top right of it --> summon water elemental on the other side --> mass TP to it to the other side where melee heroes can't reach him.

Please fix?

Also, please address my invis units question.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
the terrain has flaws...

Works as designed.

And you can enter once.

The rule about score screen has been changed.

I was also thinking about sum of damage dealt but that has flaws.

After 7 minutes, it's called a draw and no points will be given.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Can we get some sort of preview? As in, I send you the hero and if you got any other submission, you would run a test-battle so I can see what should I modify at my script? (you would send me the replay)

Because I see no other good way to test our own AIs :p.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Edit: I'll just post the exploit instead... Archmage --> walk up to fountain of mana, top right of it --> summon water elemental on the other side --> mass TP to it to the other side where melee heroes can't reach him.

Please fix?

Also, please address my invis units question.

>Works as designed.
Sure?

Can we get some sort of preview? As in, I send you the hero and if you got any other submission, you would run a test-battle so I can see what should I modify at my script? (you would send me the replay)

Because I see no other good way to test our own AIs :p.
Hell no! XD

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
We don't get fried for horrible coding? Wee, I might even join.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Archmage --> walk up to fountain of mana, top right of it --> summon water elemental on the other side --> mass TP to it to the other side where melee heroes can't reach him.

I'll review the map and post the updated version.

I cannot spot every single detail.:p

(Yes, it still works as intended)

No, you have to dive to uncharted waters.

Oh, we should award the person who gets the fastest kill...

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
I just thought about it...

I think it would be nice if the submitted AIs would be .zipped and password protected (password sent via PM)
to add to the mystery behind the coding and hero selection.

Of course, the codes will be published right after the battles.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
I want to see the response to Jesus' question too.

Ok. If I have an invisible spirit wolf and it runs past the enemy hero, and the enemy hero detects it and thunderclaps to hit it without having it be visible, does it get disqualified for doing something it shouldn't be able to?

And we are allowed to code AI for spawned units by our Hero as well, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.