Another Route to the Recycling Bin, please

luke20054

Reaction score
As i mentioned in my earlier thread, i accidently removed the wrong bits from the registry.
Now the thing is, when i delete it says "files are being sent to the recycling bin"
but i no longer have an icon :( so what i was hoping was that maybe there is another route and i can just make a shortcut in its stead.

Many thanks for all replies to come :p

-------------------------

Just thought of something else which would be just as usefull; a command to empty the recycling bin :)

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Is for Windows XP
I dont know what you have but try this

In order to restore the Recycle Bin icon to the desktop just re-create the missing key (or import it back to the registry in case you've exported it earlier).

In Registry Editor, navigate to the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\Desktop
\NameSpace

Create the following key:

{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}

(just copy/paste, including the brackets).

Done!

Then you should have the Recycle Bin icon back again

luke20054

Reaction score
First of all, thanks for your reply :p

And i'm certain that would work, and i've done it, but the only problem is a had to make a new key Explorer ^^

I have removed the intire lot by the looks of it :(

Is there anyway to restore them all? :rolleyes:

------------------------------

gtg right now and won't be back online untill tomorrow so . . .
Many thanks in advance for all replies that you may send, should be back online about 7-8pm.:(

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> I have removed the intire lot by the looks of it
Not neccessarily, the path Craven's gave you in the post above is not right.

The right one is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace.
But instead of messing with it yourself, try using this small fix. Right click on the link, Save Target As (or Save Link As), save it somewhere, wait until it downloads, double click on it and then press Yes when asked.

You should also check the following two keys:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\ClassicStaMenu
and make sure there is no value named {645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E} inside either of them - if there is one, delete it.

Also, in the future, I recommend that you don't mess with registry if you don't know what you're doing. And even if you do - always make a backup first (File->Export, select All in the Export range box inside the open dialog and save somewhere).

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
I remove the path when I could not find it on my comp, but maybe other have the "CurrentVersion" location in theirs.
well Listen to SFilip dont mess to much like he said ...:thup:

luke20054

Reaction score
:D:thup: thanks guys :p i can't but mess around, it's so much fun :cool: will take your advice about exporting next time :rolleyes:

Same again, many thanks to both of you <3

-------------------------------------------
I have only just taken a look at what your help was about and i'm fairly certain i have everything that was in that link, also found explorer but there was no desktop :p i have only missclicked once a am fairly certain it was desktop, but . . . . i also don't have this 1 : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\H ideDesktopIcons
? is it suppose to be there?

Some extra info that may help;
1) Search not responding properly (i think this is something else though(virus maybe(well worm))).

2) When i click from the main screen Start>Programs> i don't get a list of programs available.

3) The folder Documents and Settings has gone (it decided to leave with the recycling bin :))

I expect you guys know the answer :thup:<3:thup:

---------------------------------------

I have Recycling Bin, i love you guys <3: :):):) i forgot to say, its windows xp :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.