AoE spell trigger

kiogra

Reaction score
Hey, ive been making a game for a long time now but ive gotten stuck on something..
I need a trigger that damages a random point.
Ill show what i would like the trigger to be like, also showing where i need help with the trigger.
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Time - Every 1.50 seconds of game time
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special Effect at (Random point in Region 184 <gen>) using (spell Effect)
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Special Effect - Create a special Effect at (Here's a part where i need, i need this special Effect to happen where the first special Effect happened, how?) using (spell effect)
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering Unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 100.00 at (Target point of Ability being cast), dealing 350.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Now i also need alot of help with this one
Trigger:
  • Unit - Cause (Triggering Unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 100.00 at (Target point of Ability being cast), dealing 350.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

I probably have to use a different trigger for this, not sure, but I want to make the trigger damage people still in the area that had the random effects. I just need to know how to make it work and go to the right place.

Sorry if this post is a little hard to understand... not easy to explain the problem :banghead:

Reaction score
Region 184

Holy shit.... 184 regions. I rarely have at most 5 regions in any of my maps :p

(Here's a part where i need, i need this special Effect to happen where the first special Effect happened, how?)

Store the first special effect in a variable then reference it there.

Target point of Ability being cast

Leaks

I probably have to use a different trigger for this, not sure, but I want to make the trigger damage people still in the area that had the random effects. I just need to know how to make it work and go to the right place.

Not sure what your asking... but if i understood right i think that will work.

darkbeer

Beer is Good!
Reaction score
use variables^^

non MUI:
Code:
Events
    Unit - Unit Is attacked
Actions
    Set TempLoc = (Random point in Region 184 <gen>)
    Special Effect - Create a special Effect at TempLoc using (spell Effect)
    Special Effect - Destroy (last created Effect)
    Wait 3.00 seconds
    Special Effect - Create a special Effect at TempLoc using (spell effect)
    Unit - Cause (Triggering Unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 100.00 at TempLoc, dealing 350.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
    Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)

MUI:
Code:
Events
    Unit - Unit Is attacked
Actions
    Custom script: local location loc
    Set TempLoc = (Random point in Region 184 <gen>)
    Custom script: set loc = udg_TempLoc
    Special Effect - Create a special Effect at TempLoc using (spell Effect)
    Wait 3.00 seconds
    Custom script: set udg_TempLoc = loc 
    Special Effect - Create a special Effect at TempLoc using (spell effect)
    Unit - Cause (Triggering Unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 100.00 at TempLoc, dealing 350.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
    Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)
    Custom script: call RemoveLocation(loc)
    Custom script: set loc = null

eXirrah

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - Unit Is attacked
    • Actions
      • set TempPoint = Random point in Region 184 &lt;gen&gt;
      • Special Effect - Create a special Effect at (Random point in Region 184 &lt;gen&gt;) using (spell Effect)
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Special Effect - Create a special Effect at TempPoint using (spell effect)
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering Unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 100.00 at TempPoint, dealing 350.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

as simple as this. If you want the spell MUI then you should set TempPoint as local variable

kiogra

Reaction score
Oh, i forgot to say.. This trigger would keep happening every 1.5 seconds. hopfuly that doesnt change anything?
-

EDIT: Ahg im confused today.. I mean the trigger would happen every 1.5 seconds. And it would turn on once the unit goes into combat

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.