WIP Archer Wars: Legacy

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
To catch an arrow as revolver is not a gamble, it's a matter of timing and placement. The caught arrow has to be at a tangent to the revolver, and you have to time the catch perfectly.

Darthfinder

Reaction score
First View

The Mouseover for Speed is buged - under speed it says something like -278xxxxxx Points will do this and that I think this number is stupid ^^

Taking Upgraded Boots + Level 1 Hero = 371 Speed instead of 370 (just 1 but 1)
The -clear could get a shorter version like -c or something like that because u can see anything behind the text and so you can't prevent being hit from the left down side if only 3 People killed another some seconds before.
Still I would <3 the -notext or a changed infotext for kills so that you don't have half of the screen infos about your own godlike kills :D

I also would be nice if you could change the items sold by the AoW while you're NOT next to it because the change takes time and I won't expect how many times I kill others just in the second they are shopping.

But so far - looks great but the terrain seems to be too small for 12 players
I will check this on friday latest with my clanmates.

Renendaru

Reaction score
Beta 4 is out now, some balancing issues were fixed.

The issue of -ms, and actual speed shown on the hero have been found already. Just about the first test showed it.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
>The Mouseover for Speed is buged - under speed it says something like -278xxxxxx Points will do this and that I think this number is stupid ^^

meh, not important + i cant fix it

>Taking Upgraded Boots + Level 1 Hero = 371 Speed instead of 370 (just 1 but 1)

i am also aware of this, in fact, i knew of it as i made the changes. the issue is that, if i set base move speed to 0, the units lose the move ability and patrol ability. so i was forced to set it to 1 which is where the extra 1 comes from. yes, i can set the movement speed using triggers but its 1, personally, i dont think its that big of deal.

>The -clear could get a shorter version like -c or something like that because u can see anything behind the text and so you can't prevent being hit from the left down side if only 3 People killed another some seconds before.
Still I would the -notext or a changed infotext for kills so that you don't have half of the screen infos about your own godlike kills

i am adding a command soon -tt (timed text). -tt 1 would make each of the text fade in 1 s. make it something like -tt .01 would probable be near invisible.

>But so far - looks great but the terrain seems to be too small for 12 players

i know its small but it forces more fights, there were a lot of issues were players ran away and hid which was super annoying, its harder to do that now.

EDIT: BETA7 .

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Just played the game, quite noob friendly my first time owned as the first top player :D

Some comments, at first I saw somebody getting a red stone and there was no such recipe for it, maybe you could include it?

Terrain yes terrain, at the end of the game the ancients were all running like ducks away perhaps have a movement limit because it is really annoying and stupid when 2 enemies ancient are so far away because they are all chickens.

Special archers. Why the need for save/load code? This map doesn't need it at all. At my first try I wanted to use them but it needed ranks...

The terrain seems decent.

The Holy fire arrow which causes flame strike lags like mad when alot of player cast it..

Rating 8/10 (Good!)

Renendaru

Reaction score
The Great Stone, the "red stone", is formed by getting the mana stone and health stone.

The issue with locked archers is so you get a feel of the game and it's strategies before moving onto more complex heroes. The higher the rank, the harder to use.

Holy Fire arrow is being looked into, it has been since 1.0e.

Movement limit? The terrain was made smaller so people "can't" run.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
yes there are 2 "secret" recipies, i didn't add them because i ran out of room, when i get enough items, ill make a 3rd page to the AoW.

(one being great stone and the 2nd elemental bow, get all 3 element bows)

thanks for the comments

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
But in my game, everybody ran pretty well.

What if the user doesn't have time to play it over and over again? Doing that requires the user to play the game over and over again just to try a archer =/.

My suggestion will be to add a Difficulty level to show the user that using it will be hard and it'll be his fault if he dies since he chose it.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
i also find it an incentive to play again xd

its like rpg games where people keep playing to get a certain ability/item

(and bragging rights O_O)

the first archer, you could get in 1-2 games, so its pretty easy

the last archer would take maybe around 20 - 30 games?

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
It's a pain to play 20-30 games if you have no time and kind of unfair to the new players when they see a player getting the last archer.

Renendaru

Reaction score
For me, it's a pain to see people complaining when they don't know how to play and pick a complex hero. Plus, the codes aren't that specific. You can guess and most of the time it will load. I've even seen people guess a max ranked archer, Goddess with 20k kills. So, save/load is not a problem, in my opinion.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
>Plus, the codes aren't specific.

that was only sometimes, people get lucky.

(btw, a lot of people think assault is best even though they unlocked everything, the spread shot is really good)

> It's a pain to play 20-30 games if you have no time

i guess theres 2 sides to this. theres people who rather just have all unlocked and some who want to achieve more. Ive had people come up and say put more unlockables after the last archer (2000 kills) and i thought that was crazy because not many people get that far anyway, so i tried to keep the numbers somewhat do-able. and i see the point your trying to make but its hard to satisfy both sides.

Raxxor

Reaction score
yes there are 2 "secret" recipies, i didn't add them because i ran out of room, when i get enough items, ill make a 3rd page to the AoW.

(one being great stone and the 2nd elemental bow, get all 3 element bows)

thanks for the comments

there is a third one ;) mana steal/starfall/double shot

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
lol thanks for the correction. >_>

BETA7 seems to have all known bugs worked out (finally after 7 of them -.-)

along with -tt command, anything else i should add?

also comments on balance are welcomed

Mr.Eps

Reaction score
can try making the map size varies by number of players (i know by doing this u'll have to make few more new maps...but i dun mind playing the old terrain <3)

Mr.Eps

Reaction score
this is my 1st time with BETA (i love to do melee , 20 kills with 1 death)

the income is annoying , suddenly he comes up with ice bow (tot he cheated there..)(i have a feeling that the income system was edited at 1.1)
---------
EDIT : just play another game... the income thing is getting really annoying , my oppoment suddently pops up with elemental bow(fire , ice , lightning) ....and that gave me lots of trouble , hope you can rebalance the income system if you changed it.

just want to remind you , vista was a failure and people have to return to XP , I hope that i do not have to return to the 1.0E

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
i didn't change anything with income, the only thing i added to affect gold was Gold Splitting, when an ally dies, all his items are sold (80% return rate) and divided among remaining players.

i guess 80% sell rate is too high huh. ill lower it to around 65-70% then. (in BETA9)

EDIT: BETA8. Fixed gold splitting going to wrong players. Added the highly requested -tt command. -tt 0 unfortunately = unlimited. i played a pub with -tt 0.2 and it worked pretty nicely, my screen never was extremely flooded. -tt does take real so you could do .01 (note that this command only takes 3 characters, so 0.01 would be cut off to 0.0) (infact, i should increase the character limit... in BETA9 -.-, but at least its there now. )

Mr.Eps

Reaction score
could we have an all random mode?

like all who loaded will have to random between those he or she unlocked?

Renendaru

Reaction score
If you didn't pick an archer by the time your AoW finishes builiding, you automatically random an archer from what heroes you've unlocked.

Mr.Eps

Reaction score
I'm aware of that , but some people won't listen and insist to play their favourite archer . need to force hem to play all random . and in this way maybe more people will play gravity..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.