WIP Archer Wars: Legacy

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Then respond, "Get lost if you can't accept the fact I'm better."

megma

Reaction score
Haha poor Sevion, join the club :p annoying noobs aren't they?

Oh by the way cleeezzz I forgot to mention that the trees (in the picture about the delay checker and possible bug/nothing) that if tree is eaten by AoW you cannot get past to where I was at, but Holy arrow it and you can, so yeah, not sure if that'll mean anything but yeah :p

SanKaku- you a moron? the save/load only saves kills and deaths, doesn't do crap for levels, everyone starts out as a level one archer. And sure I can have any of the heroes, but I usually choose the hero that everyone else can get. The save and load doesn't improve or boost my hero in anyway, shape, or form. And Archer wars isn't a freaking melee map, don't confuse a fucking melee with a custom map.

Mr.Eps

Reaction score
Oh by the way cleeezzz I forgot to mention that the trees (in the picture about the delay checker and possible bug/nothing) that if tree is eaten by AoW you cannot get past to where I was at, but Holy arrow it and you can, so yeah, not sure if that'll mean anything but yeah :p

yeah he knows, but Don't bother wasting god arrows to get there , i already told him before that people can use sniper+ bird to tele there to get out of range of enemy arrows and yet can hit them :)

megma

Reaction score
yeah he knows, but Don't bother wasting god arrows to get there , i already told him before that people can use sniper+ bird to tele there to get out of range of enemy arrows and yet can hit them :)

Haha, wasting holy arrow? please, don't need holy arrow to kill people. :p A waste would be using to hit a enemy you already killed, while your at full health.

Mr.Eps

Reaction score
I use holy arrow to kill people (during dm), i dun give a dam whether i'm at full health or not

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
Taking Suggestions for a New Way to Buy Items
(Currently, waiting for shop to select your hero and taking too much time to buy items gets you killed pretty easily)

i need a way where people can shop without wait (or even without selecting the shop)

IDEA 1:
Give AoW unlimited shop range, you can shop from anywhere on the map.

Or give me an idea

Mr.Eps

Reaction score
using text command? like -IB for improve bow
-IL for the itemlist

or reward based like every 50 kills 1 random item

or every 5 minutes a 30 second break where everyone gets teleport to a no-fight zone and buy item

____
i still don't care about the shop problem
i just kill everyone thats near then i shop (i have wards all over the place so i know when to dodge)

megma

Reaction score
Self shop: Basically all trigger based.

Players have a spell book called buy items, in it, there is different dummy spells, and another spell book to go to the next set of items. Instant cast, 0.01 cool down, probably something like battle roar, or some non-target/point spell.

Would get a reason for the right click arrow shooting. Or you can take out 2 items of each page, and replace them with the 2 shoot arrow (based on level of archer's spell)

This will also evolve into removing the AoW except for normal mode (where AoW is killed) and change the Nature's eyes to a variable integer which adds 1 ever (insert mana regen rate here). Which can lead into upgrades for mana cap and regen rate, ect ect. :p

As for where to put it, you can take out the patrol action, its not really needed in the game, neither is hold position and attack. The only things really needed would be move, and stop. Mmm... well not even move is really needed since most people will move with right clicking, so only stop is really needed. So with those gone, that gives you 4 more button spots.

But yeah, I'm the kind of guy that comes up with ideas ^^; can't make them happen, or anything. Trying to be able to make it happen though. As for Mr.Eps idea, the problem with that, is people will have to stop to buy, no one wants to stop moving when their getting shot at, with a spell book, people can continue to move around and buy at the same time.

I like Mr.Eps idea of every X minutes a XX break is taken, for like a duel/tournament type mode.

Mr.Eps

Reaction score
Self shop: Basically all trigger based.

Players have a spell book called buy items, in it, there is different dummy spells, and another spell book to go to the next set of items. Instant cast, 0.01 cool down, probably something like battle roar, or some non-target/point spell.

The inventory space is limited , or are u suggesting another skill?

Would get a reason for the right click arrow shooting. Or you can take out 2 items of each page, and replace them with the 2 shoot arrow (based on level of archer's spell)

i like my arrows going at 2 different directions and i have my arrows on lvl 4 and lvl 1 , not equal (ks purposes you see)

As for where to put it, you can take out the patrol action, its not really needed in the game, neither is hold position and attack. The only things really needed would be move, and stop. Mmm... well not even move is really needed since most people will move with right clicking, so only stop is really needed. So with those gone, that gives you 4 more button spots.

i need stop yo confuse my enemies

I like Mr.Eps idea of every X minutes a XX break is taken, for like a duel/tournament type mode.

thanks

_______
and i just been called a hacker because the noobs didn't know that they can upgrade second arrow and fire 2 arrows simultaneously. i had to waste my time explaining while maitaining a killing spree.

megma

Reaction score
1: Yes another spell, which explains the stop, and I stated to KEEP stop, but could get rid of the other 4, attack, move, patrol, and hold position.

2: I gave a separate fix for that, remove 2 items from each page of the spell book, and add in the shoot arrow spell. But I was mainly providing a purpose for the right click shooting, and a mmm.... how to put this, a balancing for the fact that you can shop anywhere w/o having to deselect your archer.

3: You're welcome :thup:

4: As for being called a hacker, get used to it, I've been called a hacker a lot cus people don't think :p

Mr.Eps

Reaction score
game are to short , you shoukld probably consider to raise archer levels to 30 each

from 5 level4 skills to 6 level5 skils

1 new skill!

megma

Reaction score
Sevion, I got one, it goes along with that "semi-class based spell" :p

Class shot: (add class name here)

Assault: A rapid fire of arrows (high amount, 10-30ish) to a XXX area dealing (damage of arrow * 0.5) [damage is except-able to change :p]

Demollitionist: Fires X (low amount, 1-5) amount of arrows to an area, which explode on contact.

Sniper: Takes aim for X seconds (0 for pointblank to 6 seconds depending on distance), then shoots a deadly arrow at the target (can't be avoided but deals less damage farther away the target is)

Gravity: Shoots an arrow to a target location with so much mass, that it pulls all units in XXX range towards it. (arrow deals no damage, and is like the black hole spell in dota)

Revolver: Using her control over arrows, the Revolver sets X arrows spinning outward from her location dealing (total damage of both Shoot spells / 2) damage.

Time: (not sure about this one, I was thinking about doing where she shoots an arrow ahead of time itself, so its created at the hero and paused for X seconds, then after that time is up it jumps to the point where it would be if it was moving) Needs some thought into this...

Illusionist: Shoots X amount of illusion arrows (like spread shot but all but 1 is fake) with 1 real one dealing 1.25 * the damage (of highest level of shoot arrow). Note: real arrow is in a different spot each time.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
o_O' Why are you spamming the thread so much. D:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.