AVIATOR WARZ map project

T

TOC_Cid

Nice job! Anyway, the icons do have to be given a metal border, and how did you install GIMP? I have like billions of folders when i extracted it!

T

TOC_Cid

Just attaching the map here for all to view, do not mod this because I am still working on items. SOrry for the double post.

G

guitarplay

look around for a INTSALL file, and click on it, if you got the right file, it shoud open up and start working like a regular installation. Then you finish the instalation, and your preety much good.

and i will get the border for you

G

guitarplay

Im still looking for any help, and here are some things

in this map, is 3 more items for the map ( i didend make them in other map because you working on it) The items are bombs, but they dont seem to work verry well. The over time damage does, but thats it. So plz take a look at them

there is also 4 models for the map, so they can just be imported with the items

and if you want just import and fix my items ( im coinfused)

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
TOC_Cid said:
:eek: It won't let me view them, it just shows a square with a square circle and triangle.

Also, i know how to do item combining triggers, so ill do those myself. SO far I have:
-Rocket Launcher
-Twin-Rocket Launcher
-Hell-Launcher
-Twin Hell-Launcher
-Hellfire Rockets

Combinations are:
Rocket Launcher + Rocket Launcher = Twin-Rocket Launcher
Hell-Launcher + Hell-Launcher = Twin Hell-Launcher
Rocket Launhcer + Hellfire Rockets = Hell-Launcher
Shouldn't you also have a-
Twin-Rocket Launcher + 2 Hellfire Rockets = Twin Hell-Launchers

T

TOC_Cid

I tried that, and there was a problem, when you ahd a twin-rocket launhcer, and a rocket launcher, and were trying to get a hell-launhcer. It wouldnt do anything becuase the two triggers just kinda freeze. SO you would have the three item without a combo. Plus i don't wanna make it too complicated.

I

IPEONRUSH

Map Maker

As you requested i will give you all the help you need when i return from singapore. I'll be very interested in your project. I understand you want to use some star wars models? If you want to use military vehicles i can supply you with 6, if you want more from the modeler(illidan(evil)x i can talk to him about it as he's a good friend of mine. He's currently busy working on a wc3 star wars conversion mod called star wars "The journey". He's also one of the main star wars modelers besides olofmoleman and tim(.). I urge you to try out the star wars map on http://www.epicwar.com Just use the search function and type in star wars battleships. After trying out that map you might get some ideas. I conversily was the one who gave that map maker the idea as it was originally my map. But since he decided he wanted to steal it and make horrific changes to it and didn't even add in any tooltips for the most part; i ended up scrapping the project. At the moment i'm confused as to the direction you want to take on this map and therefore i can't give you proper feedback as the theme is unclear. I hope to speak to you about this matter in a timely matter so we can come up with some strategies on how to go about partaking in this project together as a team. I will be asking some map makers to help me if your ideas and concepts already established in your beta are good enough to build on. In other words i don't have time to start a project from scratch; so if you've started on it and are at least 50% done then i'll know where to go from there. Thanks for the confidence you have in my map and site. Vexorian if he has time might be able to make you a really good spell. What you need are some bomb blast spells. When a shell(laser or other) hits a ship it should cause that ship to shake or bounce back. I believe there to be such a spell but i can't pinpoint it for you at the moment as my current browser here on vacation is not up to the task. He's an easy guy to talk to so it's a simply click of the send button in your mailbox and i'm sure you'll get a reply from his very soon. I look forward to joining your map making team and i hope together despite my other projects i can lend a hand. If you haven't done at least 50% of the work then that doesnt' mean i won't help you with it. It just means that i won't have enough information to successfully help you take the map in the right direction. Talk to ya soon guitar.

-=Ipeonrush=-

T

TOC_Cid

Wow, long post :D . IpeonRush you should make an account here. Anyways, I hcecked the weapons and tested em, and I don't know whats wrong! Maybe I have to set casting range to the same number as the AoE. But im not sure.....

G

guitarplay

I think ill look over them again, but oh whell. And ipeon rush, id say we are about half done. He have a direction, and know what we need. We need items, units and to fix triggers. My first priority is to fix the triggers, but while i am waiting for somone who is capible, we are making items, so we do not come to a stand still in progress.

as for you toc cid, id like you to do as much work on the items untill we can get the triggers fixed. When we get somone to fix the triggers, i will ask you to stop, and let someone fix them. Then i will work on the terrain.

Im affraid if i start on terrain, we will get help, but with a half made map, it might be a bit hard to work on triggers. I would be re doing islands, and regions, and it might not work so well. Ty for asking thoug. I got most everything to work on items

items work now, but they attack my own units, that is a problem (its the ability), i gave the abilities to the planes and they just nuked my test hero :( not good at all.

here they are compleeted, and the unit models we are using so far.

I dont need any more star warz model iepon ship, i just want anything that flies for the map. I would realy realy love it if i could somehow get my hands on the sc models, like the zerg planes, and the terrain plains. (maby others)

if you could do that it would be great. (when you back from vacation of course)

T

TOC_Cid

First of all, zerg planes are organic and arent vehicles, and their are many terran planes so dont worry bout that, youl find em easy anywhere! Look for protoss planes though they are awesome1!!111

I found a program called install on the GIMP thing but it didnt work, it said "what file to open with?"

And the Xwing fiel cannot be opened or something, did you import it right? But the other models look awedome! luv the fighter plane

G

guitarplay

yeah, dont wory bout the xwing we might not be able to use taht. Its imported right. I mean ites even working in a differnt map, and its imported the same way, so its annoying as hell, but i can deall

btw, i did NOT mean zerg, i meant those protoss things. Sry for any confusion. I was typing fast, and thinking slow. . .

Anyways, i think i can get a hand on um myself, so il look, and then rly on converting them.

I think we may have around 2 weeks to work on items though, or maby 1 week, because we have ipeonship, but he is on vaction. When he gets back, we need to have a copy up to date, and posted so he can help us, and we dont wont to be an inconvinience to him.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Guys, I have decided to... stop working on my other projects for today (and maybe a few more days after) and spend a lot of time working on this. One question... Why are we going to be using star wars models? Maybe mods of them... but if we have too many, it will just seem like a remake/mod of star wars. Mostly, I will be working on the malfunctioning triggers. (Camera, the hanger, and landing/taking off)

(Off Topic) - Heh I'm working on blender, and I've made a... STICK FIGURE! So far his feet don't have toes, and I've made a "nose" (If that's what you want to call it). So far, my favorite tool for the program is Sub Surf, or Extrude.

G

guitarplay

TOC Cid and darthfett here is the deal. If you would kindly do so TOC, plz post the latest version of the map you have, and stop woking for a bit. I am going to do some stuff, and re-post. Then i want Darthfett to work on units.

I am going to put in a shitload of units. (and there not all starwarz, there just planes) Some are from StarCraft, Some are just airplanes, and some are Star Warz I wany you to make a few things:

Allience Units: (all bassed of flying machine)
Regular plane (ME109 model) - regular units like ones allready in map
Jet (3dMax model thing) - Fast, like one step above the regular plane, and faster
Bomber (bomber model)- A bomb plane, that has bombs and regular weapons. (just use regular momb abilites that are there) Good and rarly created
Mothership (carrier model)- big and strong, jsut like the big one from battleships

Hero:
Plane(ME109) - like the sailor from battlehsips
Jet(3dMax) - like the interceptor
Bomber(bomber) - meant for attacking base, and has built in nuke and bio bomb (expensive, w/ lots of health)
Kamakazi(ProtossScout)- Like the crusader from battleships
NaboPiolate(naboStarFighter)-basicaly just make a ship like the jet, but one step above for everything
UltimateShip(Wraith) - fast, and powerfull, with good abilites, and lots of health

That will keep you ocupied i belive, and all the models will be imporetd when i give you the map, so dont wory bout that. When you done, Post the map and dont foget to keep us updated. Make all plains have the rejuvinate health ability, the increase speed ability, and go from there. After planes are made, i will give you the abilites each will have (obviouly the kamakazi will have a self destruct thing)

Ty for the help, and also....

BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD Darthfett Bad. Il explain why.

In models for wc3 extrued dosent do anything bad, it is a realy nice tool ( its in gmax also though), but sub surface and smoothe will kill you if its for wc3. When you sub surface, or smoother, it makes many many edghes, and the more edges the bigger the file (like it multiplies by insane ammounts). Big file = lag !!!!. Try to keep the face count low. I made a model of a gundam, in so much detail, the game had fatal errors when i tried to play !!! Thats an extreem though. I went all out with that one, and is realy cool looking.

I mean realy, ive seen a tank made of mab, and i mean MABY 20 peices

body was one peice, and there were four tread peaces. (it was a scorpion from halo) then there was the head, and the berral, and that was basicaly it.) The person then made a sking that made it look like there were wheels in the treads, joits in peices, a hole in the barrel, doors in the head, the whole deal. But he did it keeping his model simple, he could have hundreds of those models in the game, and the lag would be minimal if evident at all.

T

TOC_Cid

Long posts make me read more :mad: .

Ok so ill post the map so far, i havnt had much time to work on the tiesm since the last time i posted because, it's the weekened and thats here all my free time is. the only really new thing i have is machine gun and posiedon mechanics (healing version of pheonix fire, i made the damage go to negatives so it would heal per shot on allies, while regening your hp as well)

G

guitarplay

Sry bout the long post, and btw, the only part for you was to tell you to post map.

Here is the map, with all the model (almost) and the new items - triggers.
I couldent get one model to work, and it kept freezing the map up so i dident use it. It was the 3dmax one, so use one of the extra ones instead. There is one called like the flexwing that would work well for a jet.

Go ahead and base them off the fighter plane that is there allready. That fighter plane should be the regular plane you use the ME109 model on. Ballance the rest off of that,

Ty for the help darthfett i appriciate it

WTF IT WONT LET ME POST IT!!!!!!! ok il get it on here in a bit, sry for the technical dificulties

T

TOC_Cid

No wonder you can't post this map, its over thquota of 945.oKB, the map is almost 1600KB, its becuas eof all the custom models. I would say, delete the models and do the units last.

G

guitarplay

no, dont deleet units, we will do it via e-mail. I can send it to darthfett cause i got his e-mail, and i got yours. Darthfett can do units now, then il have it sent to me, and bak to you. It will work finr. And that still dosent explain why the .zip file will not work of it. I mean isnt a .zip like 100 times smaller.

T

TOC_Cid

Well, the point is we can't post it, Hehe, Ive got alot of new weapon ideas up my sleeve :D

G

guitarplay

I have not heard from darthfett since the his last pm which was a while ago. If i dont hear from him saying he got the map, and that he has started 6 tomorrow, il tell you to start making those new items, and that i will just have to do the units, unless i hear back from darthfett.

And if you could, make a ability that increases speed, like engine enhancement. And make it a leveld ability. I have an idea of how to make it, but im not exatly sure. Ty in advance

AND DARTHFETT PLZ RESPOND

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Sorry was working on my other maps, until you emailed it (Don't check email very often, unless i have an important one coming in) I'm starting on it today.

Btw, I'll make that ability, we could just use endurance aura, and make it only target self :D . (Also sorry I don't respond. I don't post unless I actually have something to say usually).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.