G

guitarplay

HELPERS
-Guitarplay101 (leader)
-AgentPaper
-TOC Cid
-DarthFett
-IpeonRush-Ship

PLZ DO NOT HESITATE TO OFFER YOUR HELP AS A TESTER. IF POSSIBLE I WOULD LIKE 10-12, THEROFRE WE PROBABLY NEED 6-8 MORE. NO PREVIOUS KNOWEDGE REQUIRED.

AVIATOR WARZ

Weapons/Items

Attacks are done as items, following the tank warz- battle ships style and Done with compounding a weapon, w/ its upgraded amo for more weapons

Basic turret
Advanced turret
Rocket launcher
--rocket launcher --> twin rocket
--hellfire amo --> helfire rockets
----helfire rockers --> twin hellfire
bomb
--bomb --> multi bomb
--bio bomb --> biological warfare
--nuke --> nuclear warhead

DEFENCES

I was thinking, missile turrets w/ the model from sc i found

CLASSES OF SHIPS

Allience Units: (all bassed of flying machine)
Regular plane (ME109 model) - regular units like ones allready in map
Jet (3dMax model thing) - Fast, like one step above the regular plane, and faster
Bomber (bomber model)- A bomb plane, that has bombs and regular weapons. (just use regular momb abilites that are there) Good and rarly created
Mothership (carrier model)- big and strong, jsut like the big one from battleships

Hero:
Plane(ME109) - like the sailor from battlehsips
Jet(3dMax) - like the interceptor
Bomber(bomber) - meant for attacking base, and has built in nuke and bio bomb (expensive, w/ lots of health)
Kamakazi(ProtossScout)- Like the crusader from battleships
NaboPiolate(naboStarFighter)-basicaly just make a ship like the jet, but one step above for everything
UltimateShip(Wraith) - fast, and powerfull, with good abilites, and lots of health

HELPERS AND THEIR POSITIONS

triggers
-AgentPaper
-IpeonRush-Ship

terrain
Me(for now)

units
Darthfett

items
TOC_Cid

testing
13s-shadowfax
Me
TOC_Cid
Darthfett
_______(IpeonRush-Ship)
_______
_______
_______
_______
_______
_______
_______

previouly working on units and items
B]debugging triggers(or more units)*[/B]
next is finishing terrain(or debugging triggers)

Terrain is going to be finished after i get the triggers fixed, and the items at a good point. It will be made from the current map to avoid transferal interference.

*due to scheduling the debugging and fixing of triggers may be postponed because IpeonRush is busy at the moment. Darthfett, be ready to start working again

G

guitarplay

i dont like to double post, but i would like to get an update on the map, and agent paper, are you in fact going to do some work, if so please tell me where you are, else, il get someone else.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
I can do stuff, what do you want done?

G

guitarplay

well so far, i couldent seem to heal myself in the healing place.
I also had problems just landing (i might just be being stupid, how do u do it)
last off, id like any other bugs i have not remeberd-found fixed
id also like to have a choice between the veiw, like a vote in the beginning.

thats it for now, after all the triggers work, il go ahead and transfer them so ty for all youve done :)

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Ok i'll get to work on that. and to land you just slow down over the marble stuff until you fall outta the air. and what other view types do you want?

G

guitarplay

i tried to go down, but i never actualy stopped or got outa plane

for veiws id just like overhead, and first person
if you think of any other cool ones you can through those in there also

T

TOC_Cid

Ok, so guitar, you said somethin about me helin with weapons?

G

guitarplay

do u know how to use object editor preety well, cause i need item weapons

u know in battle ships and tank warz how you get an item and you attack with it (there are allready two made i think) id like lots more, but starting off simply with these (il just import them so as long as they dont have triggers go ahead and make them):
bombs(can only attack in a like 100 range radius so its like droping and a few levels)
missile(can be a few types, from regular to heat seaking to more powerfull ones)
machine guns(i think its allready done, but id like to be able to use like different amo*)
just be creative, like laser, or air strike (limeted amounts)

u get the idea (air strikes would use a trigger so hold off)

*what i mean by different amo is say, you get a machine gun, then be able to get like armor peircing rounds, or speed rounds so that it upgrades the gun (dont have to buy new one). Thing is just make 2 items for each type. 1 an item that says what i does, and another that combines the advancement with the origional item, i can do that trigger when i get them

ty so much for the help everyone, and it what a coincidence that 1, two thehelper members meat eachother on bnet, 2 its unplanned, 3 SAME CLAN! (or previous meber and current meber. . .)

T

TOC_Cid

Ya i know isnt that wierd? I knew you before, but the extra 101 just confused my mind because its a excellent cover :D

Ok, so for the items you want 2 items? Original, and the upgrade, which would be a dummy item right? But then i would make the merged item with both of them combined.

I word of advice when you make items like that, use the pheonix fire ability, thats what tank wars and battleships use. OK, ill get on it today, once i do a bit of creeping for the true ROG.

G

guitarplay

ty for helping me out cid and paper, and can i ask that i you tell me where you are (if you havent done anything yet cid im in no hurry)

agent paper though, when do you think your going to get done with those triggers, im gonna get some models to put in ( i allready have 1 plane and im working on a jet)

ty for all your help

T

TOC_Cid

A couple things, I need the map before I can work on it, and what program do you use for making models? I tried gmax, i think thats what alot of people use.

And, can i make custom Icons for my items? Or yah.

G

guitarplay

go ahead and go icon crazy if you want, but i know where i can get use adobe photoshop 7.0 WOAH ITS SO SWEET. My school got it, and if you want i can make some icons. Just tell me what you want (unless you want to make them)

yeah, i actualy use blender, but youl want to use gmax, and i have a jet plane made in blender, and im working on converting it into something i can use in gmax. Then, im making a skin from scratch for it out of adobe, and if i can get it into gmax, i know how to unwrap a uv into it, preety well (im still learning) il also make a death animation for it)

Btw if you learning to model, il give you a hint.
If modeling for wc3, DONT MAKE A LOT OF DETAIL IN THE MODEL MESH!!! make the detail in the skin. You can make a simple mesh, and in the skin add grooves, sections, and most anything you want. (and also dont use high level curves, use angled curves, it helps reduce faces)

If modeling for fun, and or a much higher graphic, go all out

I made the most cmplex gundam model, and converted to .mdx After i imported to wcs, the game crashed from the mere detail of the model, :eek: lol

G

guitarplay

ok, agent paper is not responding, and i have encounderd some realy annoying erros. Get this

I transferd all triggers, and variables, was setting them up, had the buildings had everything being done for transefering to the new terrain, and i decided id test out the models, so i imported um all, all 4 of them. At first i test, it saves, and 2 work, so im working on other two, and i test them and still dont work, so i realize i need to exit world edit, and re enter, but being a dumbass, i never made a backup copy, and when i tried to reopen, i encounter a fatal error, and i have to start compleetly over from terrain and everything, and i realy dont have that much time right now. If anyone would like to help me out w/ terrain and stuff plz say so. I think we could re do the terrain on the existing map we have. If someone could do that for me taht would be absoultly great (right now its real screwd up, and it shoulda been decided on first thing).

so, if you want to work on the objects now, just go ahed and make them on the map, from the old thread, and repost your progress here.

T

TOC_Cid

ok then, First I need two icons,

1) A Rocket Launcher
2) Special Rocket laucher Ammo

The special ammo, will be called Hellfire Rockets

G

guitarplay

i have reposted items as jpg and have deleted these targa files

T

TOC_Cid

:eek: It won't let me view them, it just shows a square with a square circle and triangle.

Also, i know how to do item combining triggers, so ill do those myself. SO far I have:
-Rocket Launcher
-Twin-Rocket Launcher
-Hell-Launcher
-Twin Hell-Launcher
-Hellfire Rockets

Combinations are:
Rocket Launcher + Rocket Launcher = Twin-Rocket Launcher
Hell-Launcher + Hell-Launcher = Twin Hell-Launcher
Rocket Launhcer + Hellfire Rockets = Hell-Launcher

G

guitarplay

I re did them a bit, and they look cooler now, hope you like um

T

TOC_Cid

Kick ass! I luv the ammo stuff! but the rockets are kinda blurry, like you dont see an launcher, but thanks they look good.

G

guitarplay

I was fidling around, and i made a realy cool discovery, check this one out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.