AVIATOR WARZ map project

T

TOC_Cid

So wait, is this the order of the map here?

Triggers & Bugs -IpeonRush
Units -Darthfett
Items -TOC_Cid (Me)
Terrain -???

The bolded text, is the one with the map and currently working on.

E

Erkie

I like to be the military and history correct guy, so this is my input.

US Units
(all based on the flying machine)
- FIGHTERS
Propeller Plane (P51 model) - Weaker, but equally fast last-gen fighter that are the default to this map.

Jet Aircraft (F-16 model) - Stronger, Faster next-gen fighter.

- BOMBERS
Light Bomber (B-52 model) - Strong and sleak last-gen bomber aircraft capable of protecting itself and it's cargo to reach it's destination. Minor damage is inflicted, but a lot of them can be created.

Heavy Bomber (B-2 model) - Stronger and more stealth next-gen bomber aircraft, Major damage is inflicted, it is a very rare commodity.

- SHIPS
Mothership (Carrier model) - Carriers can become as big and as large at the downtown of a large city. They hold thousands of crew and hundreds of jets, they are the key to this map.

Support Ship (Frigate model) - Anti-Aircraft defense for the mothership.

Hero:
Propeller Plane (F4U Corsair) - Slower, but much stronger plane.

Jet Aircraft (F-22/F-16) - like the interceptor

Bomber (B-1/F-10 Warthog) - Munitions can be built and armed, which includes a MOAB and any Bio chemical weapons.

Kamakazi (ProtossScout) - Kamakazis fight until their death, at which they suicide themselves and their plane into enemy property.

Nabo Pilot (Nabo StarFighter) - eh, I disagree with this one. You'd only push the war further above our heads, ruling everything else out.

Ultimate Ship (Wraith) - No such thing.

Fighters often go in before, or with bombers to ensure their safety, interceptors are the defending fighters that try to repel the attack.

So far, it should be the US against... The Japanese perhaps? The US should have water, because the british and german forces fought inland. and the Japanese should have natural ground. I can terrain an Iwo Jima island where this can all take place.

Secondly, I think what will make this a revolutionary game if you allow people to upgrade to combustion jet technology, because frankly, a World War II aircraft won't do much to a modern bomber.

G

guitarplay

ty for that great history lesson, but im sorry to say this is not to be a historicaly correct game. If you have ever played battleships or tank warz, you will know what its going to be like i guess. Its north empire vs south empire.

I have found a new jet models so the models used may be switched around a bit darthfett. In fact i fand quite a few more models. We will also have a submarine and a aircraft carrier just to add to it.

For now, Some has contacted me and is interested in maby doing terrain. If he aggrees to, he will do it. Otherwise i will do that.

Ipeonrush has suposedly worked on the map this weekend, i have not talked to him since thursed so i dont know exactly what he did.

For now this is how its going to be

Ipeonrush - Bugs and triggers <--- now
Me/ Lucian- terrain and re-arranging some things
Darthfett - units
TOC_cid - items (maby some buildings)

afterwards we will get into towers, finishing terrains - secondary objectives. and other necesities.

Finaily i plane to have a few alpha tests on bnet and then we will work out bugs, followd by beta testing and the last bit of tweaking, Then we will come out with the final version To be posted on multiple webisghts and distributed.

I hope none of that confuesd you, and Lucian if you would like to do the terrain plz tell me because when i get the map back from Ipeonrush (who currently should have the latest version) i will want to start with the terrain.

E

Erkie

Sounds good, if you need any other model ideas just let me know. I'm loaded.

And as for the terrain, I still recommend something like Iwo Jima, just because of how small it is.

Examples:
http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USMC/USMC-M-IwoJima/maps/USMC-M-IwoJima-II.jpg http://www.jamesbradley.com/images/l_island.jpg

Have the carriers on either side of the ocean.

Which brings me to another awesome idea, if a players aircraft goes down, you can have them MIA, inland or in the ocean, they'll go for the island, and they have to be searched for, while surviving in the wild, harvesting small amounts of wood to make a small tent. You and the enemy race to get the pilot, if the enemy captures the pilot they can be interrogated.

G

guitarplay

im sorry to say i want to keep terrain even simpler and make it so. There will be clouds that dont allow airplanes to travel though, but they are not shown on the picture i did for the terrain so far.

T

TOC_Cid

LoL, that terrain is so creative! But anyway, i won't be able to work on anything until the 16 of december which is my holidays time, so this works out good for me.

G

guitarplay

ok, thats good to hear. I get out the 16th also :). We almost had a snow day today also. 2 hour early out and then a 2 hour delay :). Bout compleetly pointless though. Never realy stuck to the streats much.

for the map here is the time estimates:

i hope that at the most i will get the map from ipeonrush back this weekend or maby sometime next week (could take longer).
I will then probably take about a week or so to finish terrain and stuff (Lucian is a bit busy)
after that, it will be christmass break so i will probably hand it over To Toc_Cid to do the work on items, which since its christmass break could take a bit. So if i get the stuff back with full items in a little more than a week maby. (how long do you think it will take) A
Darthfett could maby then do the units and all that and that might take a while. (might be nice if you could also do buildings) Due to the holidays i dont excpect all that stuff done before we go back to school or so, and then we will take it from there with testing and de-bugging.

I assume we may have it done mid Febuary or so. Ty for the help everyone.

Darthfett remeber i will always be uploading models before i hand over map, but if fore some reason the model is not working, just pass it over, dont forget to tell me, and il deal with it. You just wory bout stats and abilities and all. (i will give you a updated list with the new models)

E

Erkie

I was booted off Rad's GTA project for some odd reason, so now I don't have much to do. Let me know if you need anything.

G

guitarplay

dont be suprised if he dosent reply he dosent use thehelper much. Actualy i dont think he is a member. If you want to ask him, go to www.13attleships.com and send him a messages on their forums. (he runs that websight)

G

guitarplay

Im sorry, but recently my computor has preety much stopped working internet wise.

I cant even get online. I can use other computors but dont expect me to be on much. I can still direct things though from my sisters. (if you can plz give me your email addresses again. I lost them sorry.

G

guitarplay

ok, i am having problems contacting ipeonrush and i dont know what the hell is going on. He has not responded to me in the last 2 weeks and i have sent him multiple messages. Mabay he is away for the holidays, but i do not know. I am giving him til the day after christmas to respond, and if i do not hear from him, that gives him a week, and i guess we will have to start working on other things.

I think we will do units first, so darthfett if you would like to, that you could do that. I belive that you were the last person i am aware of that has worked on the map. (unless ipeonrush has) and therfore, just use the map that has the extra units on it allready, and make some more. When your done, send it to me at [email protected] and tell me you have sent it. I dont check my maill verry much.

G

guitarplay

il check on bnet tonight, but i just got my internet back today so ive been using a computor without warcraft. Ty for your email and the seggestion

G

guitarplay

ok, im having a bit of a problem getting on bnet right now. I donwnload the patch or update and it all intsalls and says, restart warcraft 3.

I do that but then it wont let me get on bnet. I exit war3 and try again. It makes me re-install the patch again, and the same thing happens ??

il get that worked out but for now, i have to talk to IpeonRush a bit before anything happens.

now, about the map. Darthfett, you need to start doing some more units whenever you have the time to start. Just use the latest map you have of AviatorWarz. I belive you have one with some units, that would not have been used. Use that. When your done all the units we have talked about, go ahead and email the map to [email protected]

Ty, im sorry to say that IpeonRush is still busy with other maps at the moment that he is alllready dedicated to.

G

guitarplay

darthfett plz respond telling me wheather you are starting or have started work again. I will give you till friday to respond and if i have not heard from you saying you are goint to work, i will assume you are not going to or you have not seen the post.

ok, here is the deal. I dont have warcraft anymore on my computor for now, and i will have to find it. My computor was recently erased. Everything was removed and i do not know where my disk, let alone my cdkey is so i have a small problem. Plz i need to be able to trust you people to get you work done for now. Darthfett, it would be nice if you could respond to inform me wheather you are doing any work. If not, i dont know wheather i was able to save the map, and i will probably need a copy of it. Then i will give it to TOC_cid to work on with items i guess. I wont be able to do any terrain or anything for a bit, so if that comes up and anyone would like to help out, plz say so it would be realy helpfull. I am also going to stay in contact with ipeonrush-ship so when he is availible he will be able to do what he needs to.

PS: Happy New Year :)

G

guitarplay

yes, I will give you a copy, but do not work on it until im sure 2-p is not and that he has in fact given me the latest map.

Which means, 2-p please respond and tell me whats going on. If you dont respond Ill assume that everything is good for darthfett to work, and ill tell him to start.

Oh and darthefett, whats your email again, I should probably write it down somewhere this time.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.