Building Preview/Force

BSJikan

Reaction score
Okay, so I want it to be so that when someone uses a certain item they are only allowed to place it in one area. The reason for this, is I'm making a Hero map where once the boss's die they drop a certain item that you have to use to progress to the next area. But this certain item is going to be a lighthouse, to guide the ships to you. Get it? So I want the lighthouse to only be allowed to have use on the coast, in a certain region I have set up. How can I create a ghost or something and make it so that the player using the item is only allowed to put it in one spot.

I'm so horrible at asking questions here. Can't ever word it right, or at least I feel like that. :|

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
You want to duplicate the ghostly-outline when you try to create a building? You probably won't be able too, warcraft3 doesn't give you pathing control of that depth. You could use a marble tower/tiny town hall ability and I THINK you can capture the "A unit is issued an order targeting a point" event to make sure they build it in the right spot. You could also use "A unit starts to build a structure", though they would have to actually walk to the spot they tried to build on before that event would fire I believe.

Or do you mean ghost as in a unit that represents an item that you just move around? Because thats just a simple matter of giving it a dummy ability called "Deploy Lighthouse" or the like, detecting the activation of the ability, and testing the unit's location before creating or refusing to create the lighthouse.

BSJikan

Reaction score
I think you got it right with the first one. So to just make sure they build in the right spot I gotta use those two you stated? Alright, I'll check it out, if I find it to not work, I'll be sure to come back and explain what happens.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.